Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
chris1302 said:
hi there hoping someone can help?
I am a canadian citizen, my husband is Croatian, we are now in canada i am working and he is here on a tourist visa which expires next month but we did send an extension for this.
Now the question is we are going to apply for spousal sponsorship and I dont know if we should do inland or outland?

We want him to stay in canada during the application process. Can I still apply outland? If we go outland will he need to leave canada?
What about medical when applying outland?

I know inland takes longer but is it maybe the safer way to go?

Does anyone know how long the wait times are for both processes approximately? All we really want is for him to get a work visa as soon as possible, we dont mind waiting for the PR.
Can anyone help me clarify this stuff??
Thanks, Hvala :) :)
I was in Canada during the whole process and applied outland. I would recommend the same to you. It's usually faster and if you have to leave the country for whatever reasons you don't risk your application to get denied.

Vienna outland is around 12-17 months (experience of the last year) and inland (1.5-2 years).

Why don't you try to get some kind of work visa for him? It's not easy but it's doable

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Hi guys,

I have a question... Does anyone know if anyone gets the their PR the day of interview? Or how long after will my husband get Pr after interview???

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
I was in Canada during the whole process and applied outland. I would recommend the same to you. It's usually faster and if you have to leave the country for whatever reasons you don't risk your application to get denied.

Vienna outland is around 12-17 months (experience of the last year) and inland (1.5-2 years).

Why don't you try to get some kind of work visa for him? It's not easy but it's doable

I was told that if we apply inland that he can get a work visa after the first stage of approval? do you happen to know how long that is? when applying outland he cannot get the work visa until the end right, until he gets his PR.
I really dont know what to do now. If going outland, he can get his medical and everything done here? should he get his medical done before we send the application?

This is awful, I am a canadian been with my husband for 10 yrs, and I have to wwait this long for things to get completed. I work, he want to work and will not be on welfare and we still have to wait the same amount of time like the ones who will be on gov't support. Sorry for the ranting but it is so frustrating.

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
Today Vienna requested additional documents (Proof of communication via skype/sms/e-mail (photos, letters, phone bills), between you and your sponsor; Proof of funds transfer; Additional proof of your ongoing relationship; Proof of visitations; Proof that your sponsor stayed with you during 2013-14.) We sent them my husband's air tickets; receipts and bills while together; skype, viber and facebook logs; and receipts of Western Union for money transfers.

Our timeline is as follows: documents sent in on March 25, 2014. Approved for sponsorship on May 2, 2014; and documents transferred to Vienna thereafter.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a passport request now?

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
Noname5 said:
Today Vienna requested additional documents (Proof of communication via skype/sms/e-mail (photos, letters, phone bills), between you and your sponsor; Proof of funds transfer; Additional proof of your ongoing relationship; Proof of visitations; Proof that your sponsor stayed with you during 2013-14.) We sent them my husband's air tickets; receipts and bills while together; skype, viber and facebook logs; and receipts of Western Union for money transfers.

Our timeline is as follows: documents sent in on March 25, 2014. Approved for sponsorship on May 2, 2014; and documents transferred to Vienna thereafter.

May I ask you did you send them any proofs before or just now?

Krinkle

Jun 17, 2014
Montreality
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2014
AOR Received.
12 August 2014
File Transfer...
12 August 2014
Med's Done....
06 June 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: Dec 05 2014, CoPR received: Dec 16 2014
LANDED..........
Landing: Jan 08 2015 à Montréal
Noname5 said:
We filed the application submitting photos during our relationship and from our wedding.
May I ask of what country the applicant is a citizen?

Thanks!

MrsStankovich

Oct 7, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Noname5 said:

Vienna requested the same documents from us, and they responded about a week afterwards asking for a new medical, since the first one had expired. My husband got his passport request about 2 weeks later.

Good luck!

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
MrsStankovich said:
Vienna requested the same documents from us, and they responded about a week afterwards asking for a new medical, since the first one had expired. My husband got his passport request about 2 weeks later.

Good luck!
Our medical is valid till February 5,2015. We are hoping the next request is going to be the passport.

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
"Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application. "

Finally! I received this 2 days ago, sending my passport to Ottawa today, since I am currently in Canada!

No interview requested, no additional documentation needed. Yay!

I am not sure if I'm in the spreadsheet, so if I'm not, let me know and I'll send you the rest of the dates.

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
Does anyone know why would they request the proof of the relationship? I speak to my husband almost 24 hrs in any possible way. I am not documenting it and i am not sure how would I document viber calls, except as screenshots as someone mentioned. They have asked us for the police certificate and I am hoping that is all they need to complete our application. I have only been once to Montenegro to visit him, I send money at least twice a month, and I am not sure if they will ever ask for proofs. I am hoping by March he will be here. We applied May 2014...

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
chris1302 said:
I was told that if we apply inland that he can get a work visa after the first stage of approval? do you happen to know how long that is? when applying outland he cannot get the work visa until the end right, until he gets his PR.
I really dont know what to do now. If going outland, he can get his medical and everything done here? should he get his medical done before we send the application?

This is awful, I am a canadian been with my husband for 10 yrs, and I have to wwait this long for things to get completed. I work, he want to work and will not be on welfare and we still have to wait the same amount of time like the ones who will be on gov't support. Sorry for the ranting but it is so frustrating.
If he applies inland, yes he can get a work permit after first stage approval but only if he files an OWP together with the application. First stage approval for inland takes anywhere between 8-16 months (current processing time is 14 months). For the application to be finalized and get the PR, you also need to add another 8 months for stage 2, on top of the 14 months for stage 1.

Vienna's processing time is at 17 months currently, but this does not reflect the current situation (this is based on the time it took last year to process 80% of applications).It does not reflect present time. From what I can see, if you have a well documented and straight forward case (no other marriages, no criminal issues), the process can go much faster. I received my visa after 9 months, and there are several other people in this thread that recently got their visas within 12 months.

I would recommend that you apply outland (your husband and continue living in Canada - just make sure to renew the tourist visa). In 90% of the cases, outland would be done much faster than inland.

If going outland, he can do his medical exam in Canada. And yes, you need to include in the application proof of medical examination, so he should get his medical done before sending it in.

My husband and I have also been married long time (almost 6 years) and we also had to go through this process. But we waited for the application to be finalized in Germany, so we can keep working. Immigrating to Canada is not a right, is a privilege. Don't get me wrong, I am an immigrant myself, and while I understand it can be frustrating at times, there is nothing we can do but respect immigration laws and wait.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
I read about a German in a separate post who applied mid-September and was already asked for passport to be sent to either Vienna or 0ottawa. First 2 months is sooo fast, second it's kind of weird because Germans are visa-exempt.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chris1302 said:

This is awful, I am a Canadian been with my husband for 10 yrs, and I have to wwait this long for things to get completed. I work, he want to work and will not be on welfare and we still have to wait the same amount of time like the ones who will be on gov't support. Sorry for the ranting but it is so frustrating.
As I know people immigrate in Canada to earn more money,not to be on government support. It is pick-pocket money,who needs that?and who plan that anyway? and if u were with your husband so much,what took u so long to apply?
Frustration starts when u get PR,and then reality slap you in face,when u try to find job. And you realize that you diploma is not recognize,that you don't have Canadian working experience,that you have to go back to school,and pay for it,with 0$ earnings.
That normal jobs they keep for themselves,and bottom jobs for immigrants.
Then you ask yourself why you immigrate in first place? :(