Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
jagoda83 said:
Does anyone know why would they request the proof of the relationship? I speak to my husband almost 24 hrs in any possible way. I am not documenting it and i am not sure how would I document viber calls, except as screenshots as someone mentioned. They have asked us for the police certificate and I am hoping that is all they need to complete our application. I have only been once to Montenegro to visit him, I send money at least twice a month, and I am not sure if they will ever ask for proofs. I am hoping by March he will be here. We applied May 2014...
Hi, I have been following this forum for some time but I hadn't registered until today. I also did not know how to get the viber history but once I learnt I found it really easy. Go to the viber app - then settings - then calls and messages, and you will see the option Email message history. This will email the message history from the email registered in your phone to any email you want. You'll get a zip file with the history of all your viber calls and messages. I printed mine and sent more than 80 pages as proof of communication. I also took screen shots of all the steps I took to get the viber history, I hope this helps and if in doubt always google it, it shows you step by step

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Ok, one final question about the Dutch certificate of conduct. Since the certificate has the English summary at the bottom stating there is no criminal record for the individual mentioned above, did you bother to get the certificate translated to English? Probably a dumb question, but I thought it would be best to double check if anyone else did get the document translated to English.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avadava said:
If he applies inland, yes he can get a work permit after first stage approval but only if he files an OWP together with the application. First stage approval for inland takes anywhere between 8-16 months (current processing time is 14 months). For the application to be finalized and get the PR, you also need to add another 8 months for stage 2, on top of the 14 months for stage 1.

Vienna's processing time is at 17 months currently, but this does not reflect the current situation (this is based on the time it took last year to process 80% of applications).It does not reflect present time. From what I can see, if you have a well documented and straight forward case (no other marriages, no criminal issues), the process can go much faster. I received my visa after 9 months, and there are several other people in this thread that recently got their visas within 12 months.

I would recommend that you apply outland (your husband and continue living in Canada - just make sure to renew the tourist visa). In 90% of the cases, outland would be done much faster than inland.

If going outland, he can do his medical exam in Canada. And yes, you need to include in the application proof of medical examination, so he should get his medical done before sending it in.

My husband and I have also been married long time (almost 6 years) and we also had to go through this process. But we waited for the application to be finalized in Germany, so we can keep working. Immigrating to Canada is not a right, is a privilege. Don't get me wrong, I am an immigrant myself, and while I understand it can be frustrating at times, there is nothing we can do but respect immigration laws and wait.

Thanks you for your suggestion. I did not mean to be rude it is just so frustrating when you have to start with this process and dont know where to start. I have read some people had to go to Vienna for an interview? was this simething that happened to you?

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madam-m said:
As I know people immigrate in Canada to earn more money,not to be on government support. It is pick-pocket money,who needs that?and who plan that anyway? and if u were with your husband so much,what took u so long to apply?
Frustration starts when u get PR,and then reality slap you in face,when u try to find job. And you realize that you diploma is not recognize,that you don't have Canadian working experience,that you have to go back to school,and pay for it,with 0$ earnings.
That normal jobs they keep for themselves,and bottom jobs for immigrants.
Then you ask yourself why you immigrate in first place? :(
I was living in europe with my husband for ten yrs, and decided to come back to canada since I am canadian...if you really want know. And I did not mean that comment to the working class here I know there and people who come her to make a living, start a future, finish school and hats off to them, but there are some who come and take advantage of the system and thats what frustrates.

elchavo87

Sep 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
21-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Hi all. I have finally received SA yesterday after waiting for a week after getting AOR. My wife currently lives in Germany, however they have decided to send our application to Ottawa instead of Vienna, although we have specified Vienna as our VO as it's the closest to her. Have anyone experienced the same? I wonder why they would send it to Ottawa instead. Does it mean she will have to send her passport to Ottawa to get her visa when everything is ready to go?
I bet there must be people in this thread who went through the same process.
Any opinion or thought is appreciated!

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
MacnCheese said:
Ok, one final question about the Dutch certificate of conduct. Since the certificate has the English summary at the bottom stating there is no criminal record for the individual mentioned above, did you bother to get the certificate translated to English? Probably a dumb question, but I thought it would be best to double check if anyone else did get the document translated to English.
Hi, you do not have to get it translated. The little English section at the bottom is enough for them! Good luck!

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Minicooper said:
Hi, you do not have to get it translated. The little English section at the bottom is enough for them! Good luck!
Amazing! Many thanks.

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!

I am about to ask a question in reference to the updated processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Yesterday, the update said Nov 12, last working date was Sep 25 and processing was 48 days.
Today, update is Nov 19, working date BACKTRACKED to applications sent-in Sep 9, yet processing is down to 44 days. WHAT IS GOING ON?

I submitted our application on Oct 22 so I had added 45 days at the time meaning we should get an answer by Dec 3. Well, at this pace, I am looking at January-February and definitely nowhere in the 40s but rather like 90 days for stage 1. I am a bit annoyed. Maybe they meant working on apps submitted Oct 9 and made a typo?

Have you seen this happen before, those of you who got your COPR? Was the time for stage 1 corresponding to the website or you heard from them sooner? Did you see this happen, the applications working on date bounce up and down?

Thnx 8)

canada1990

Sep 12, 2014
Hello everyone !!

today i got finally my CORP and my question is for how long is the CORP valid? in my letter for CORP is says on the application details that it was issued 2014-11-19 and its valid till 2015-11-13 so i need to be there before 2015-11-13? please can anyone help me im not sure when i need to arrive canada because of my work i cant leave it right now im done before summer so i hope that i have time to arrive canada without any problemsa

thank you a lot and hope everybody get there CORP asap

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1990 said:
Hello everyone !!

today i got finally my CORP and my question is for how long is the CORP valid? in my letter for CORP is says on the application details that it was issued 2014-11-19 and its valid till 2015-11-13 so i need to be there before 2015-11-13? please can anyone help me im not sure when i need to arrive canada because of my work i cant leave it right now im done before summer so i hope that i have time to arrive canada without any problemsa

thank you a lot and hope everybody get there CORP asap
Congratulations on getting your COPR. ... valid till 2015-11-13 so i need to be there before 2015-11-13? Yes you have answered your own question 2015-11-14 expired.

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
Vienna requested my wife`s passport today :D :D :D
My wife accidentally sent the email to Vienna, instead of sending it to me. I hope that won`t cause any confusion there. What is your opinion about that ?

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
madam-m said:
As I know people immigrate in Canada to earn more money,not to be on government support. It is pick-pocket money,who needs that?and who plan that anyway? and if u were with your husband so much,what took u so long to apply?
Frustration starts when u get PR,and then reality slap you in face,when u try to find job. And you realize that you diploma is not recognize,that you don't have Canadian working experience,that you have to go back to school,and pay for it,with 0$ earnings.
That normal jobs they keep for themselves,and bottom jobs for immigrants.
Then you ask yourself why you immigrate in first place? :(
Do we not apply in the first place to be with our loved one? whether that be through marriage or common law. You can't expect to move to a completely new country and walk right into a high paying job. It just doesn't work like that. You have to start from the bottom and work your way up, but I would do it a thousands times over to be with my wife.

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
Noname5 said:
Vienna requested my wife`s passport today :D :D :D
My wife accidentally sent the email to Vienna, instead of sending it to me. I hope that won`t cause any confusion there. What is your opinion about that ?
Congrats!
Can you please share your timeline?

I am anxiously waiting for the same email to my hubby!

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
jagoda83 said:
Congrats!
Can you please share your timeline?

I am anxiously waiting for the same email to my hubby!
Yeah ,sure :)
March 25,2014 - application sent in Mississauga
May 1,2014 - transferred to Vienna
May 2,2014 - Sponsorship approval
November 20,2014 - Document request ( proof of communication )
November 26,2014 - Passport request :D (no interview needed )
Total time : 8 months :D We`re lucky :D
Good luck to everyone!

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
Noname5 said:
Yeah ,sure :)
March 25,2014 - application sent in Mississauga
May 1,2014 - transferred to Vienna
May 2,2014 - Sponsorship approval
November 20,2014 - Document request ( proof of communication )
November 26,2014 - Passport request :D (no interview needed )
Total time : 8 months :D We`re lucky :D
Good luck to everyone!
Amazing! Where is your wife from?
We are getting close, we sent the application on May 6th 2014.