zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like my Partner is going to have to do an ARC. I call our local MP since we have heard nothing in 13 months. VO indicated an ARC was in the works.

Reason:

My partner was issued a departure order when he claimed refugee status in January 2010. He appealed to the IRB and was refused January 2012. The 30 day clock started ticking on this date. His departure order turned into a deportation order on or about April/2012 as he didn't depart.
2. He applied for leave to the Federal Court and it failed. This doesn't stop the clock ticking on the 30days to depart.
3. His deportation order stands, so he is going to have to apply for an ARC as well.
4. He had 30 days to depart after the decision of the IRB and he didn't he left Dec/2012.

He will have to pay $1500 return plane fare + $400 ARC fee and write a letter, asking Permission to return to Canada. I don't know what we should say in the letter, VO already has two personal letters from us. I heard ARCs are a crap shoot, if it fails GOV. keeps ARC fees and Application fees. I also don't know how long they give us to send letter and ARC fee and how many more months this adds to wait time. 13 months plus (6-8months)?

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
zedtoronto said:
Looks like my Partner is going to have to do an ARC. I call our local MP since we have heard nothing in 13 months. VO indicated an ARC was in the works.

Reason:

My partner was issued a departure order when he claimed refugee status in January 2010. He appealed to the IRB and was refused January 2012. The 30 day clock started ticking on this date. His departure order turned into a deportation order on or about April/2012 as he didn't depart.
2. He applied for leave to the Federal Court and it failed. This doesn't stop the clock ticking on the 30days to depart.
3. His deportation order stands, so he is going to have to apply for an ARC as well.
4. He had 30 days to depart after the decision of the IRB and he didn't he left Dec/2012.

He will have to pay $1500 return plane fare + $400 ARC fee and write a letter, asking Permission to return to Canada. I don't know what we should say in the letter, VO already has two personal letters from us. I heard ARCs are a crap shoot, if it fails GOV. keeps ARC fees and Application fees. I also don't know how long they give us to send letter and ARC fee and how many more months this adds to wait time. 13 months plus (6-8months)?
Last time I checked, the wait time for ARCs was about 3 months or so (what lawyers said). I have no idea if that's changed. I also have no idea what in the world ARC applicants should write. It's a bit shady on their part to give such a vague description about the structure of the letter. I mean, come on! Ask permission to return? The (slightly sarcastic and) literal reply to their exact instructions would be along the lines of "May I please have permission to return to Canada? Thank you."
Exaggerated example: You can write a letter ten pages long, outlining all the reasons why they should give you permission to return. With all honesty though, yours may have to include solid reasons as to why the spouse left after the 30 day period, etc... =/
I have no idea. I'm just throwing my thoughts around on the matter because I'll probably have to go through it too, despite leaving within the 30 days. I wish you luck with it! Like I said in earlier posts, I'll keep you updated if I find any info but it looks like you're first in line for it so, GOOD LUCK! Hope it goes quick and ends well =D
You have my prayers.

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4roness said:
Last time I checked, the wait time for ARCs was about 3 months or so (what lawyers said). I have no idea if that's changed. I also have no idea what in the world ARC applicants should write. It's a bit shady on their part to give such a vague description about the structure of the letter. I mean, come on! Ask permission to return? The (slightly sarcastic and) literal reply to their exact instructions would be along the lines of "May I please have permission to return to Canada? Thank you."
Exaggerated example: You can write a letter ten pages long, outlining all the reasons why they should give you permission to return. With all honesty though, yours may have to include solid reasons as to why the spouse left after the 30 day period, etc... =/
I have no idea. I'm just throwing my thoughts around on the matter because I'll probably have to go through it too, despite leaving within the 30 days. I wish you luck with it! Like I said in earlier posts, I'll keep you updated if I find any info but it looks like you're first in line for it so, GOOD LUCK! Hope it goes quick and ends well =D
You have my prayers.
Hi b4roness

This is what my Member of Parliament told me when he spoke to CIC in Montreal. It's only speculation by a Call Centre Clerk , what a Vienna Senior Officer might do. We have received nothing in writing to confirm it.

I have been reading up on how to write a one page ARC letter and have a fairly good idea how to write the letter and we have the money. We just don't know why Vienna is dragging it's feet for 13 months, and tell us Something/Anything in writing

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
zedtoronto said:
Hi b4roness

This is what my Member of Parliament told me when he spoke to CIC in Montreal. It's only speculation by a Call Centre Clerk , what a Vienna Senior Officer might do. We have received nothing in writing to confirm it.

I have been reading up on how to write a one page ARC letter and have a fairly good idea how to write the letter and we have the money. We just don't know why Vienna is dragging it's feet for 13 months, and tell us Something/Anything in writing
Aah! So they have NOT requested an ARC in reality? Our cases go through a lot more scrutiny because of our past (refugee) situations, no matter how far apart they may have been from our sponsorship case. I think it's only fair for us to sit back and patiently wait for Vienna to contact us. Normal cases with no previous issues are getting streamlined like a charm (thank God it's not 17 months for you guys) and that's what's important. Can't put ourselves in their category. I fully accept that fact.
Have patience, our time will come =)

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4roness said:
Aah! So they have NOT requested an ARC in reality? Our cases go through a lot more scrutiny because of our past (refugee) situations, no matter how far apart they may have been from our sponsorship case. I think it's only fair for us to sit back and patiently wait for Vienna to contact us. Normal cases with no previous issues are getting streamlined like a charm (thank God it's not 17 months for you guys) and that's what's important. Can't put ourselves in their category. I fully accept that fact.
Have patience, our time will come =)
Hi b4roness;

Yes we are great practitioners in the art of waiting for 13 months, we can wait a bit longer, to see what VO has to say in writing.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone who's partner already landed tell me how detailed the B4 and B4A form has to be? Is it ok to write just a single line 'clothing' and an estimate of it's combined value or do I have to list every single item separately?

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps we should start a new Vienna Thread, as most of the people have now got heir COPR and left the forum. We could call it Vienna 2 and it could include new applicants and some of us, that are still waiting for a response from Vienna. Just saying....

MrsStankovich

Oct 7, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
We got our passport request today, after 12 months!!! :D

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
MrsStankovich said:
CONGRATS!!! =D

emira

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-13-2016
File Transfer...
10-24-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2017
MrsStankovich said:
Cestitam :))

anthone0

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Hello.

Is it really gonna take at least 14 months to get the result of application from Vienna office?

Are there cases that is shorter than 14 months?

thanks!

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there hoping someone can help?
I am a canadian citizen, my husband is Croatian, we are now in canada i am working and he is here on a tourist visa which expires next month but we did send an extension for this.
Now the question is we are going to apply for spousal sponsorship and I dont know if we should do inland or outland?

We want him to stay in canada during the application process. Can I still apply outland? If we go outland will he need to leave canada?
What about medical when applying outland?

I know inland takes longer but is it maybe the safer way to go?

Does anyone know how long the wait times are for both processes approximately? All we really want is for him to get a work visa as soon as possible, we dont mind waiting for the PR.
Can anyone help me clarify this stuff??
Thanks, Hvala :) :)

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
A refused TRV is actually a good proof that your relationship is genuine and that you tried to see each other as often as possible. It won't delay your PR application
Thanks for your response... I get too lazy to log in and respond promptly. I hope you are right.
How do you update employment situation? Do you eventually get a "case manager" in Vienna whom you can email directly if for instance your income increases or the applicant gets a job?
I agree with ZedToronto that we should start a new thread as I don't feel newbie questions are even one tad relevant to passport request questions in this forum... If anyone can link me to a more relevant yet FAM class Vienna forum pls do so, I do not intend on wasting anyone's time :)

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zedtoronto said:
Perhaps we should start a new Vienna Thread, as most of the people have now got heir COPR and left the forum. We could call it Vienna 2 and it could include new applicants and some of us, that are still waiting for a response from Vienna. Just saying....
BAM. Right on. I feel like newbies clog the blog. And 1/1000 people respond to newbies as it's in human nature to move on with time and do what's relevant. Like if I was awaiting a passport request inland (90% of people on the forum who are 1+ years into the process) and worried about the whole US border crossing or whatever people are talking about, why would I care that Mimosa86 is tired of waiting at 4 weeks and has all these questions that I tackled a year ago... lol. If you find a new FAM VIENNA forum or start one, link me :)

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure how much popularity it'll gain, but if you are a Late 2014 applicant (even summer 2014), please feel free to join my other forum:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/out-fam-vienna-late-2014-applicants-join-t252338.0.html

CONGRATS on the HIGH activity in this forum and my thoughts are with the 2012 roll-overs, I hope you hear something soon. Well deserved. :D