+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

happydude

Oct 6, 2014
mapleleafgirl said:
Has anybody else been asked to re-do their medicals, too?
I did my medicals in Canada, summer of 2013, and it's valid until september 2015. I looked into it and it's the exact same date as the expiration date of the COPR. So I'd wager a guess that they take the closest expiration date of supporting documentation (police/medical).

happydude

Oct 6, 2014
mapleleafgirl said:
Kopje, if you tell them the police certificate needs to be done ASAP, then can make an exception. Same with the translation. My husband got his police certificate on the same day, and it took 2 days to get the translation done.
This depends on the country. I know that the Netherlands offers a "fast track", but it's only available for certain types of applications, Visa isn't one of them. Still, it took a week after sending in the request, which isn't too bad, compared to a PR application.

MrsStankovich

Oct 7, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
Doc's Request.
18-02-2014
File Transfer...
22-11-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
I hope this means the applications before the change to 17 months are not affected. I really hope we will only wait 14 months. If they're working on October applications, surely the same will go for us that applied in November/December.

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
Dear All,

I have been following this forum for quite some time, and have now finally decided to post :) Let me just start by saying hats off to us all for going through this whole ordeal to be with our loved ones in the country of our choice !
Not sure how this whole timeline thing works (I read something about having to post 15 times) so I will just give you a short background history our case.
I am a Canadian citizen living in Hungary with my husband. We submitted the application for sponsorship in May 2013 to Mississauga. I was approved as sponsor and the application was sent on to Vienna, which they received in June 2013. After this there was a long stretch of silence until February 2014, when they requested additional documents, like bank statements, funds available in Canada, job offers (which I did not have since we do not know when we will be able to move), and other documentary evidence proving our intent to move to Canada.
By the end of July we were nearing the then 13 or 14 month mark, so I wrote Vienne an email to please provide us with updates. We received the response: please be informed that your application is in queue for interview in Vienna. You will be informed about the exact interview date and place in due course ( at least one month prior to the interview)."
No news since then.
So I just decided to write to let you guys know, that there are still some of us waiting.
I am not sure what to think, because my husbands medical and police certificate expired several months ago...
Not too hopeful that he will be called in for an interview before the Christmas holidays :( Anyways best of luck to us all !!! Lets all try and stay positive !

happydude

Oct 6, 2014
MrsStankovich said:
I hope this means the applications before the change to 17 months are not affected. I really hope we will only wait 14 months. If they're working on October applications, surely the same will go for us that applied in November/December.
We saw the listed processing more than double, from 8 months to 17, but in the end it "only" took them 14 to process us. We probably wouldn't have gone with a outland family class sponsorship had we known that in advance.

We did not, however, have to do an interview, or provide any additional documentation. We did pre-emptively include every single bit evidence supporting our claims we could think of with our application, though. There were pages and pages of pictures, receipts, emails, etc. proving that we were in a committed relationship, both had solid jobs and prospects, etc..

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
zedtoronto said:
Ordering Electronic Case Notes takes 30 days Cost $5 - cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/requests-atip.asp (Immigration web site - How to make a request under the Access to Information Act) Unless of course GCSM is something else?

We filed Sept 30 (Mississauga), 2013 Processing started Oct 15, 2013 We got the case notes August 2014. All it showed was they typed in our details last November and did nothing else for 10 months. No one should be under any illusion because you have been waiting a year and someone in the same timeframe here, got their COPR today, your next. Every case is different, some are easy to work on, some a little more difficult.

I do believe the processing time has gone up from October 2013 (12 months) to 13 months (March 2014) to 14 months June 2014 and now 17 months in September the fault lies with our Conservative Government, who blame the Liberals for a backlog of applications, they inherited in 2004. That's ten years ago, surely the backlog has been cleared. Yes I do know about the strike, no problem for Temporary Foreign Workers, who were still being processed.

At one time it was a priority to reunited families under family class sponsorship, the Conservatives are dragging their feet, for some unknown reason on Sponsorships. I would hazard a guess the backlog is just as large as it was in 2004 why else has processing times climbed.

Its a waiting game and there's not much you and I can do about, but hope or elect a new government.
Thank you for your reply! I am filling out the application online. I need some help. I am the canadian citizen and also the sponsor, but am I requesting information on my own behalf or no? since it is about my husband but it involves me too. Thanks so much for all the information you provided! :)

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Mikac15 said:
Thank you for your reply! I am filling out the application online. I need some help. I am the canadian citizen and also the sponsor, but am I requesting information on my own behalf or no? since it is about my husband but it involves me too. Thanks so much for all the information you provided! :)
No... you are requesting information on your husband's behalf, so he will have to sign the consent form. All the required forms are on the link zedtoronto provided. :)

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Hi all,

Does anybody know approximately how long it takes for police and medical re-dos to be processed once they are sent for the second time?

Cheers!

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
mapleleafgirl said:
Hi all,

Does anybody know approximately how long it takes for police and medical re-dos to be processed once they are sent for the second time?

Cheers!
Hello mapleleafgirl,
They requested a new police certificate and additional documents end of jan and then nothing until middle of april when they requested a second medical which my wife took end of april and by the end of may they requested her passport. It all depends...each case is unique

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Milance said:
Hello mapleleafgirl,
They requested a new police certificate and additional documents end of jan and then nothing until middle of april when they requested a second medical which my wife took end of april and by the end of may they requested her passport. It all depends...each case is unique
Hi Milance,

Thanks for your answer. I've read that it can take anywhere between 3 weeks and 3 months...like you said, you never know. Looks like Vienna is hard at work, though.

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Also, the e-mail says that my husband should bring 4 passport photos to his medical exam.
From previous posts, it says that they take the pictures at the doctor's office and he said they took his picture of him the first time around.
Does anyone know the answer to this?

Many thanks!!!

happydude

Oct 6, 2014
mapleleafgirl said:
Hi all,

Cheers!
After Vienna received my renewed police certificate it only took 2 weeks for us to receive our COPR (confirmation). So that means little time at all, if any.

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
happydude said:
After Vienna received my renewed police certificate it only took 2 weeks for us to receive our COPR (confirmation). So that means little time at all, if any.
That's good news ... :) Thanks!

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Toronto1989 said:
Dear All,

I have been following this forum for quite some time, and have now finally decided to post :) Let me just start by saying hats off to us all for going through this whole ordeal to be with our loved ones in the country of our choice !
Not sure how this whole timeline thing works (I read something about having to post 15 times) so I will just give you a short background history our case.
I am a Canadian citizen living in Hungary with my husband. We submitted the application for sponsorship in May 2013 to Mississauga. I was approved as sponsor and the application was sent on to Vienna, which they received in June 2013. After this there was a long stretch of silence until February 2014, when they requested additional documents, like bank statements, funds available in Canada, job offers (which I did not have since we do not know when we will be able to move), and other documentary evidence proving our intent to move to Canada.
By the end of July we were nearing the then 13 or 14 month mark, so I wrote Vienne an email to please provide us with updates. We received the response: please be informed that your application is in queue for interview in Vienna. You will be informed about the exact interview date and place in due course ( at least one month prior to the interview)."
No news since then.
So I just decided to write to let you guys know, that there are still some of us waiting.
I am not sure what to think, because my husbands medical and police certificate expired several months ago...
Not too hopeful that he will be called in for an interview before the Christmas holidays :( Anyways best of luck to us all !!! Lets all try and stay positive !
Hello Toronto,
You didnt mention if you had submitted the documents they requested. Check your spam folder in your email. And request gmcs notes right away. I would say contact your mp to step in but you dont live in canada.

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's another forum board similar to this one but not as detailed, where people mostly ask questions which are answered same day. I found it very helpful in many (100) questions we had about our application. - Road to Canada Forums - roadtocanada.com/forums/index.php

Unfortunately there is only two of us going through the Vienna Office on RTC forum, I didn't know about this one until recently.