waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Kopje said:
Do you happen to know if the same applies in BC? Do I need to have a certified translation of my drivers license? For example to proof which classes I am allowed to drive?
Netherlands and Germany are exempt from a test.
I had to give away my German EU-driver's licence and my international one (which was the unofficial translation for my German one)
They just took a picture of me, gave me a temporary paper licence and the original came by mail about 10 days later

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
Netherlands and Germany are exempt from a test.
I had to give away my German EU-driver's licence and my international one (which was the unofficial translation for my German one)
They just took a picture of me, gave me a temporary paper licence and the original came by mail about 10 days later
BC2013 said:
For BC, check the ICBC website:
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/moving-bc/Pages/Moving-from-another-country.aspx
Thank you very much to both of you! Good to know that I can just switch my license without a test.

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
Hi,

Can someone please tell me what additional documents does immigration usually request prior to deciding on your case? My application was filed in September 2013, and I've read on this forum that around the 10th month or so immigration ask for some forms more to be sent. What are they exactly?
Thank you... :)

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dusica said:
Hi,

Can someone please tell me what additional documents does immigration usually request prior to deciding on your case? My application was filed in September 2013, and I've read on this forum that around the 10th month or so immigration ask for some forms more to be sent. What are they exactly?
Thank you... :)
There is no way of knowing what kind of documents CIC is going to request. Maybe they won't request additional documents at all. We all have to wait and be patient until we get contacted. Try to keep as many proof (airline tickets, phone bills, chat protocols etc.) as possible to show your continues relationship with your partner (sponsor).

Lakyboy

Feb 3, 2014
Hello everyone, I have one question? Last October my hasbend sent documents for spousing me. I done my medical in august 2013. Documents come to Vienna in December 2013, we got the file number, and they take me some document from police, I send that. After that I didn't get anything. In November 2013 I was born a child, he gets Canadian passport, because my hasbend have a citizen. How long I will waiting to get a visa in my passport? Thank you :)))))!

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Lakyboy said:
Hello everyone, I have one question? Last October my hasbend sent documents for spousing me. I done my medical in august 2013. Documents come to Vienna in December 2013, we got the file number, and they take me some document from police, I send that. After that I didn't get anything. In November 2013 I was born a child, he gets Canadian passport, because my hasbend have a citizen. How long I will waiting to get a visa in my passport? Thank you :)))))!

The processing times is 14 months. so you have some more waiting to do. I have been waiting 12 1/2 months and i still havent herad anything

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Looks like Vienna is in deep sleep. Some VOs have started picking up the pace a bit, but not Vienna...

They could at least change the processing times (last update was in March 10), but no news from that either, so we're stuck at 14 months. It would be nice if it drops just a little.

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Kopje said:
There is no way of knowing what kind of documents CIC is going to request. Maybe they won't request additional documents at all. We all have to wait and be patient until we get contacted. Try to keep as many proof (airline tickets, phone bills, chat protocols etc.) as possible to show your continues relationship with your partner (sponsor).
random off topic question.. i know you got your GCMS notes recently.. did you wait 1 calendar month or is it 30 business days? tomorrow will be one month since I requested mine and I have yet to receive anything.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
lalaBiH said:
random off topic question.. i know you got your GCMS notes recently.. did you wait 1 calendar month or is it 30 business days? tomorrow will be one month since I requested mine and I have yet to receive anything.
tomorrow is mine 1 month as well. and i have not rec'd them yet.. i think we will get them tomorrow :)

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
lalaBiH said:
For the GCMS notes, they calculate 30 calendar days. Last time I ordered them, it took them 34 days to send them. I emailed ATIP and asked them about the delay. They said they are experiencing a huge number of requests.

Lots of people had this problem recently. I ordered them before and got them right on time, except for the last time.

If you want to contact ATIP in regards to your request, here is the email: atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca (provide them with your temporary tracking number you get when you apply for the notes and with the payment receipt number)

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalaBiH said:
We ordered GCMS notes twice so far. Both times we received the notes exactly 30 calendar days after we requested the notes.

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
This chapter and journey has finally come to a close. Tonight we landed and my wife became a PR :) in frankfurt they upgraded us to business class which was a nice suprise. Its still hasnt sunk in that we are finally together after this long of a wait. At customs we were asked if she had a b4a form if she would be sending anything after the fact and we said no. He was suprised that she fit everything in 2 suitcases hahahaha. Asked if she had any valuables and other then jewlery and if she had any high priced items. At immigration it was quick the officer went over a couple of things and after signing her copr that was it. We waited longer for our luggage then going thru customs and immigration. Its been really hard on my wife since we left but it will take time...
I wish everyone still waiting a quick process...the feeling is amazing!!!

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Milance said:
This chapter and journey has finally come to a close. Tonight we landed and my wife became a PR :) in frankfurt they upgraded us to business class which was a nice suprise. Its still hasnt sunk in that we are finally together after this long of a wait. At customs we were asked if she had a b4a form if she would be sending anything after the fact and we said no. He was suprised that she fit everything in 2 suitcases hahahaha. Asked if she had any valuables and other then jewlery and if she had any high priced items. At immigration it was quick the officer went over a couple of things and after signing her copr that was it. We waited longer for our luggage then going thru customs and immigration. Its been really hard on my wife since we left but it will take time...
I wish everyone still waiting a quick process...the feeling is amazing!!!
Congratulations! Happy to hear everything worked out fine! Enjoy your life together.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
lalaBiH said:

have you rec'd your notes yet? I have not, but it might be early still. its 8 am here

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
alekgalorini said:
have you rec'd your notes yet? I have not, but it might be early still. its 8 am here
Hii I have not and its 8am here now but 2pm in Vienna .. I am not sure if I should send them an e-mail.. im scared i filled something out wrong and requested the paper file or something hahaha.. hopefully not.. but i think i'll give it another day before i start going after them. I'll let you know if/when i get them :)