+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

mimianda

Mar 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everyone
4 days ago I have send an enquiry to the Vienna office and today they reply to me,the answer is;
Further processing of your application is pending an interview in Prishtina.The date has not been decidet yet but we will inform you in due course.
So I know what this mean but I am wondering how much long it is going to take for them to assign me the date of interview????
So if enyone has been in the same situation like me please inform me for the further steps of this procedure,and what was the final decidion.
Thanks.

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
mimianda said:
Hello to everyone
4 days ago I have send an enquiry to the Vienna office and today they reply to me,the answer is;
Further processing of your application is pending an interview in Prishtina.The date has not been decidet yet but we will inform you in due course.
So I know what this mean but I am wondering how much long it is going to take for them to assign me the date of interview????
So if enyone has been in the same situation like me please inform me for the further steps of this procedure,and what was the final decidion.
Thanks.
Hey mimi

Aplikacionet dallojn mos u mvar prej experiences dikujt tjeter.
Ngom, I can tell you are a strong women.
Mendo qdo pytje te mundshme qe munden me ta bo ama mos harro me kon gati me ju pergjigj krejt qka keni shkru ne dokumenta..Ata pytjet i formulojn nbaz qatyne pergjigjjeve qe i keni jep ne dokumenta. Largoje nervozitetin ne intervist.Show ur genuine relaotionship and be ready to answer any question honestly..
Mos harro krejt mvaret prej qasaj interviste tasht.

Do ja dalesh :)

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Canadude said:
Hi all

I am Canadian and sponsoring my German wife and her 16 year old son. We have been married for 10 years and decided to move back to Canada after living 12 years abroad. We have one child together (he already has a Canadian passport) so hopefully our case is quite straightforward. We applied on 13/01/15 and received our AOR on 23/03/15. Our file was transferred to Vienna on 25/03/15. We are moving back to Quebec so needed to apply for a CSQ (which we received last week). We obtained a student visa for my step-son to allow him to attend school in Canada until we get the permanent residency status and my wife is here on a visitor status (valid until September). Hopefully we will get the permanent residency before September. I was looking at the CIC website and was dreading the 16 month delay but this forum is giving me hope that it can actually be quicker.

Take care
Hi there, I just want to assure you that even if it takes longer than September, your wife can probably get an extension of stay. I was in Canada as a visitor, too, and had to get an extension because the last stages of my PR process were messed up by CIC, and I got it really easily. I hope she gets the PR before that, though. Good luck!

ASSYRIAN1

Jun 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen that is sponsoring my husband to come to Canada. He is originally from Syria and now lives in Germany. After much time waiting he was finally given an interview on April 9th 2015 where everything went perfectly well. The officer then told him that he will be told if he is approved or not within 60 days and that lands on July 2nd 2015. However when I emailed the embassy in Vienna they said that background verifications are still ongoing and are unable to provide a time frame as to when the results can be expected because I'm sure they themselves don't know and are waiting as well. My question is will the background verifications be completed by July 2nd within the time frame of 60 days that the immigration officer told my husband. Ive heard of married couples waiting a very long time close to a year in some cases and that really scares me. Please I really need to clarification on this. Thanks!

DankaRad

Apr 3, 2014
Hellooooo everyone, I've been lurking your posts, but was too lazy to sign up and start writing ;D. I am from Montenegro (some of you may know me from facebook Vienna VO applicants) my name is Danka , I am in Canada with my two little kids, who bacame naturalised citizens through me. I grew up in Canada then moved back to Montenegro , got married there almost 6 years ago and had 2 kids with my husband, we decided to all move to Canada.. So from some information I got from some immigration lawyers and others, they told me it was much faster and easier if me and the kids go to Canada and apply outland for my husbands PR. that is what I did , my mom dad brother aunt (everyones in Canada) so I had somewhere to stay when me and the kids arrived last January! (luckily) .. Becuase I was stupid enough to believe in that bs, that this wayto go and that its much fast (I see many sponsors sponsored there husbands while they were with them back home, they probably just had to have some proof that they were going to come to Canada after the PR was recieved), and they already have gotten their PRs and they applied, when I did. But back then when i applied I didnt know of this forum and do any further checks (I just decided to beleive everything I was told :eek:) and now i am facng the consiquences of being seperated from my hasband and my 3 and 5 year old from there daddy. Well anyways, my husband is 29 years old he worked as a police officer for almost 7 years, didnt serve the military, didnt travvel anywhere, never bin in jail, he did have a car accident were no one was injured and it wasnt his fault and his app is in background check and has been for 5 months now already. I think our case is pretty straight forward, I applied in May last year, and we are still waiting! It takes a lot of patients, and the worst part is not knowing when to expect any results.

Sorry about the long msg but I felt it was a good idea to introduce myself and explain my situation.

I wish you all sooooo much luck and and hoping everyoen gets some good news soon :)

sotelashko

May 26, 2015
Hello guys. Yesterday i was told that i am rejected for the visa.. this is the reason.. i really dont understand 100 % if you do, tell me.
Paragraph 117(1)(h) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is a relative of the sponsor, regardless of age, if the sponsor does not have a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner, a child, a mother or father, a relative who is a child of that mother or father, a relative who is a child of a child of that mother or father, a mother or father of that mother or father or a relative who is a child of the mother or father of that mother or father

(i) who is a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident, or

(ii) whose application to enter and remain in Canada as a permanent resident the sponsor may otherwise sponsor.

Your sponsor submitted an application with a co-sponsor, her husband, who is also a Canadian citizen. Consequently, you are not a foreign national for whom the sponsor does not have a spouse who is a Canadian citizen. As a result, you do not meet the definition of a family member as per paragraph 117(1)(h) of the Regulations.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

I look forward to receiving your additional information. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

maartenvg

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015 (1st stage)
File Transfer...
06-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
@ sotelashko
In short: Your aunt can't sponsor you because she has a living relative who is a Canadian citizen: namely, her husband.

The rules for sponsoring semi-distant relatives state that he/she can only sponsor such a relative if the sponsor has absolutely no living relatives in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp said:
You can sponsor:

[*]brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren who are orphaned, are under 18 and do not have a spouse or common-law partner,
[*]relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children) who will come with them to Canada, or

You can sponsor one relative of any age or relationship, but only if you do not have one of these living relatives who could be sponsored as a member of the family class:

[*] spouse or common-law partner,
[*] conjugal partner,
[*] son or daughter,
[*] parent,
[*] grandparent,
[*] sibling, or
[*] uncle, aunt, nephew or niece, and

you do not have any relative who is a:

[*] Canadian citizen,
[*] permanent resident or
[*] registered Indian under the Indian Act.
You are older than 18, so you are in the second category. Your aunt has a husband, who is a Canadian citizen, which would exclude her from sponsoring anybody in that group.

ASSYRIAN1

Jun 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen that is sponsoring my husband to come to Canada. He is originally from Syria and now lives in Germany. After much time waiting he was finally given an interview on April 9th 2015 where everything went perfectly well. The officer then told him that he will be told if he is approved or not within 60 days and that lands on July 2nd 2015. However when I emailed the embassy in Vienna they said that background verifications are still ongoing and are unable to provide a time frame as to when the results can be expected because I'm sure they themselves don't know and are waiting as well. My question is will the background verifications be completed by July 2nd within the time frame of 60 days that the immigration officer told my husband. Ive heard of married couples waiting a very long time close to a year in some cases and that really scares me. Please I really need to clarification on this. Thanks!

sotelashko

May 26, 2015
maartenvg said:
@ sotelashko
In short: Your aunt can't sponsor you because she has a living relative who is a Canadian citizen: namely, her husband.

The rules for sponsoring semi-distant relatives state that he/she can only sponsor such a relative if the sponsor has absolutely no living relatives in Canada.

You are older than 18, so you are in the second category. Your aunt has a husband, who is a Canadian citizen, which would exclude her from sponsoring anybody in that group.
So there is nothing i can do ? Maybe they want proof of family relationship because she have her husbands surname. Its strange because instead rejecting my application they ask for additional information. If anyone can help please tell me.

Erdbeerchen

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015 -
IELTS Request
OWP issued.: 03-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2016 Sponsor Approval: 27-04-2017 AIP 02-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 08-12-2017
LANDED..........
21-03-2018
Hello,

anybody from Austria here, who is currently IN Canada ? I am applying soon inland, best of luck to all of you :)

Lamja

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Macedonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015 | TOTAL: 164 Days |
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Its so Quiet here, anyone heard somethink from Vienna

maartenvg

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015 (1st stage)
File Transfer...
06-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
I'm still in the sponsorship approval stage, so nothing from me. With the current trend of handling a lot of Vienna's cases in either Mississauga or Ottawa, it seems there isn't a lot of activity for Vienna itself.

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
CIC just confirmed I got SA approval today! They didn't have any info on file transfer date so I will update this tread was my file is transferred to Vienna :)

Lamja

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Macedonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
AOR Received.