10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Kosovo94 said:
If you don't mind me asking how long did it take you to get approved.
You can see my timeline under my nickname. It took 11 months altogether: about 2 for SA, 6 more for PPR, and then 3 for finalization and landing, because CIC was making mistakes and my file was transferred to Ottawa.

They never asked us for any additional proof of relationship.

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
spaceexp said:
You can see my timeline under my nickname. It took 11 months altogether: about 2 for SA, 6 more for PPR, and then 3 for finalization and landing, because CIC was making mistakes and my file was transferred to Ottawa.

They never asked us for any additional proof of relationship.
I agree with you about age

Well enjoy your new life im sure you guys are just enjoying it . Hiw awsomeee..

Well, Kosovo lets hope and pray to God :)

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Good luck to everyone, no matter what country you're from :)

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
spaceexp said:
Good luck to everyone, no matter what country you're from :)
Thanks a lot :)

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Additional Docs Requested on Oct. 22nd
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24th and received passport Dec 2nd.
LANDED..........
Landed Dec 6th!!! Wohooo..finally all done!
I see a lot of people sponsoring their spouses from Kosovo on this thread. My husband is from Kosovo too. After reading the previous posts I'm very worried now :( ....also...saw a lot of cases on CANLII (hearing board) from Kosovo people that were refused because CIC didn't think their relationship was genuine.

Some were refused just because they didn't have a big wedding (dasma) which apparently is a must otherwise CIC doesn't consider the couple married.

My husband and I didn't have time to do a Dasma considering I only had 2.5 weeks vacation to spend with him and also, he would never accept me paying for a huge wedding. We both think it's smarter to use that money towards a down-payment on a house anyways.

Why is CIC automatically assuming that marriages are not genuine just because we are from Kosovo? or the Balkans for that matter! I don't think any of us would be willing to guarantee for someone for 3 years!!!! if we weren't in a genuine relationship!

Sorry for the rant, I'm just feeling so down today! I can't possibly wait 12 months, let alone 16!

mimianda

Mar 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well LLAngel dont worry too much about Dasma,we didnt had Dasma too, because we didnt had too much time for that and we got approval from CIC,I think the most important things are the other proofs,like photos,Skype,FB,phone calls,Viber calls,financial support ect.
The only thing that I am worried is Vienna office,they are too slow in resolving cases,dont fill down because you are not the only one in this situation we are all in the same possition,be possitive and lets hope that everything will be finished in the best way for all of us.

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015
LLAngel said:
I see a lot of people sponsoring their spouses from Kosovo on this thread. My husband is from Kosovo too. After reading the previous posts I'm very worried now :( ....also...saw a lot of cases on CANLII (hearing board) from Kosovo people that were refused because CIC didn't think their relationship was genuine.

Some were refused just because they didn't have a big wedding (dasma) which apparently is a must otherwise CIC doesn't consider the couple married.

My husband and I didn't have time to do a Dasma considering I only had 2.5 weeks vacation to spend with him and also, he would never accept me paying for a huge wedding. We both think it's smarter to use that money towards a down-payment on a house anyways.

Where do you find that hearing board. My husband is in Kosovo as well and I didn't have a big wedding either and him and his family didn't let me pay for anything. I don't think a wedding size should be a factor in spousal sponsership cases. I find that that is a ridiculous thing to consider as a factor. My aunt when she sponsored her husband from Kosovo she met him one day next day she got married and the day after she left for Canada and she brought him here for 3 months back in 2006 I know that is a little while ago but I don't think wedding size is a factor.

If anyone has more info on this I would love to hear because my wedding has 15-20 people.

Why is CIC automatically assuming that marriages are not genuine just because we are from Kosovo? or the Balkans for that matter! I don't think any of us would be willing to guarantee for someone for 3 years!!!! if we weren't in a genuine relationship!

Sorry for the rant, I'm just feeling so down today! I can't possibly wait 12 months, let alone 16!

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015
Where do you find that board. I have never heard about wedding size to be a factor of spousal sponsership cases. I really hope it is not. At my wedding I had about 15-20 people it was very small. My husband and his family would not let me pay for anything.

If anyone has more info on this I would love to hear about it. I really
Hope that this will not delay our cases 16 months is already long enough.

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
07-06-2015 (SA) 03-09-2015 (status changed to In Process since 07-21) DM -Nov 26th..received DOCs ready for pick up email
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Vienna applicants,

I'm wondering, once decision is made for SA and approved....does Vienna update E-CAS to show the Permanent Residency Application (sponsored person's file) from Application Received to "In Process" for all of you? Is that how you know application was mailed there for sure? Since Vienna doesn't provide AOR2?

Thanks!

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kosovo94 said:
Where do you find that board. I have never heard about wedding size to be a factor of spousal sponsership cases. I really hope it is not. At my wedding I had about 15-20 people it was very small. My husband and his family would not let me pay for anything.

If anyone has more info on this I would love to hear about it. I really
Hope that this will not delay our cases 16 months is already long enough.
Hajde knej ka Kosovaret :p
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/kosovos-spousal-applicants-t252905.0.html

And I found that here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cics-offensive-spotting-fake-marriages-training-manualhandout-t290035.30.html

and read CANLII cases...let me find one.....

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2012/2012canlii27228/2012canlii27228.html?resultIndex=1

Here is the paste from that:

"Traditionally in Kosovo to be recognized by the family, friends, the couple itself and society in general, a marriage must include a wedding ceremony. Until a wedding ceremony is performed, the couple is rather considered to be engaged even when a civil wedding took place. The commitment to one another is not complete. The couple is therefore prevented from living together and cannot develop the financial, emotional and physical interdependency that pertains to a marriage or common-law conjugal partnership."

And if you search more on that list...you will find more Kosovo cases with same statement about Dasma.

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015

"Traditionally in Kosovo to be recognized by the family, friends, the couple itself and society in general, a marriage must include a wedding ceremony. Until a wedding ceremony is performed, the couple is rather considered to be engaged even when a civil wedding took place. The commitment to one another is not complete. The couple is therefore prevented from living together and cannot develop the financial, emotional and physical interdependency that pertains to a marriage or common-law conjugal partnership."

And if you search more on that list...you will find more Kosovo cases with same statement about Dasma.
I feel that this is old generation definition of marriage now a days I belive people from kosovo are not doing big weddings anymore. Honestly I would say don't worry about anything if your relationship is genuine and you to really do love each other than your wedding size will not have anything to do with it.

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015
LLAngel said:
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2012/2012canlii27228/2012canlii27228.html?resultIndex=1

This is not a normal case this is no real prove that they got married because they liked each other or they could see each other together in the future. The women is totally opposite of what she says she is. And as you can see the wedding size does not have anything to do with it.

- The information, obtained through your file and the interview, shows that your relationship developed under the customs of Kosovo. You stated that you got engaged by exchanging the world on June 28, 2009. The marriage certificate shows a civil wedding on July 6, 2009. You confirmed during the interview that no wedding ceremony took place. When I asked the reason of not having a wedding ceremony, you stated that the wedding ceremony is not part of the Kosovar tradition. When I explained to you that I know that wedding ceremony is part of the Kosovar tradition, you than stated that the religion does not allow it.

LLAngel

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I'm not worried about my wedding size....I didn't have a wedding at all just got married at city hall and had a small family gathering at my hubby's home. But even with that I'm not too worried...because not everybody likes having a wedding...like in our case...we rather spend the money on a downpayment on a house than spend a bunch in one night.

The reason I shared those links / cases, wasn't to worry or depress anyone, it was to show you guys what kinda questions to expect during interview or anytime during the process. It' s a good way to understand the kinda stuff CIC looks into and questions. I personally think it's helpful. This way if they ever ask me anything of that nature, I have solid answers to provide and because I wouldn't be caught off guard, my answers would be calm, to the point, and way more convincing.

That wouldn't be the case if I hadn't read those cases. Coz first time I read that comment about Dasma...it made me laugh...I was like what??? That's very old stuff that nobody follows anymore. People in Kosovo have started living common-law...or boyfriend girlfriend even without getting a dasma or even kunor.

Anyways, was just trying to help you guys be more prepared...that's all.

Cheers!

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015
Hi I was wondering do you think it's okay to contact Vienna visa office and see if they have started processing my case it's been a bit over a month. Does anyone know how I go about contacting or emailing Vienna office. Please help.

Thanks