+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
@Avadava

But did you send the police certificate and the medical upfront? We sent everything upfront . And when should we order GCMS notes ? Thank you for your answer :)

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
mapleleafgirl said:
alekgalorini --- it's very challenging, but we have to stay positive that we will hear something either this month or next. We have to.
I know,but it frastrating when they keep extending it. there is no light at the end of the tunnel...

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
alekgalorini said:
I know,but it frastrating when they keep extending it. there is no light at the end of the tunnel...
I know. Next thing you know, when we are close to 17 months, they'll bump it up again and again.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Noname5 said:
@ Avadava

But did you send the police certificate and the medical upfront? We sent everything upfront . And when should we order GCMS notes ? Thank you for your answer :)

considering the processing times. i would wait until 12/13 months.

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
alekgalorini said:
considering the processing times. i would wait until 12/13 months.
Our applications have literally been sitting there for over a year. Obviously they aren't lost. It's just funny and sad at the same time that we've literally heard NOTHING in over a year. I'm sick of explaining myself to everyone who don't understand my situation!!!

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
mapleleafgirl said:
Our applications have literally been sitting there for over a year. Obviously they aren't lost. It's just funny and sad at the same time that we've literally heard NOTHING in over a year. I'm sick of explaining myself to everyone who don't understand my situation!!!

tell me about it. all this waiting really isnt nice. and to extend more..oouff we should go to vienna and start protesting LOL.
but i feel we will hear something soon... fingers crossed

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
alekgalorini said:
tell me about it. all this waiting really isnt nice. and to extend more..oouff we should go to vienna and start protesting LOL.
but i feel we will hear something soon... fingers crossed
Yeah, I have a feeling, too. We could both be right ;)

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
We sent a tourist visa application for my wife while the permanent visa is processing. In the response letter (denied ) for the tourist visa we got a client id for her that when you log in to ECAS shows that the PR application visa is processing. Does anyone one known, when do you get the client id? Thanks!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Noname5 said:
@ Avadava

Yes, I sent everything up front. Regarding the GCMS notes, there is no specific time when you can order them. You can order them anytime, but it is recommended to wait after the 10 months mark.
I ordered mine much sooner, only because I wanted to make sure the application is in Vienna (I didn't receive AOR from them) and that they have my correct contact details.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Noname5 said:
We sent a tourist visa application for my wife while the permanent visa is processing. In the response letter (denied ) for the tourist visa we got a client id for her that when you log in to ECAS shows that the PR application visa is processing. Does anyone one known, when do you get the client id? Thanks!
It's called an UCI number. The sponsor's UCI number you get with the Sponsorship Approval (SA) letter (first stage in Mississauga). The applicant's UCI you get it when you receive AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from the visa office - although Vienna rarely sends those.

If you log in with the sponsor's UCI and info (Name, DoB, PoB,) you can see both the first stage and second stage (under the sponsor it will say "decision made" - that's the SA and under the applicant's name you will see "application received"). If you click on each of them, you can see more details.

However, even if you don't have the applicant's UCI, there are 2 possibilities to log into ECAS just for the applicant:
1. Order GCMS notes - the applicant's UCI will show there
2. Log in with the Application Number - it starts with F000 and you can find it on the SA letter from Mississauga.

One thing to remember: when you put the sponsor's UCI in ECAS you must use his/her info (Name, DoB, PoB) and when you put the applicant's UCI or the Application Number, you must use the applicant's info (Name, DoB, PoB).

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avadava said:
Yes, I sent everything up front. Regarding the GCMS notes, there is not specific time when you can order them. You can order them anytime, but it is recommended to wait after the 10 months mark.
I ordered mine much sooner, only because I wanted to make sure the application is in Vienna (I didn't receive AoR from them) and that they have my correct contact details.
Whenever I send them email,to ask them this or that,among other things ,did they receive my medical?,why I don't see in my ecas -we received your medical.

They answer me, their classical response,and that they receive my application in October 2013 ,and that they ll contact me for further steps,and they mark response in black.

So,that means,don't bother us,we ll tell u what to do next,and I don't need to order GCMS note to be sure that application is in Vienna,I didn't receive AOR as well.
And I don't understand why people order GCMS every month?what is their benefit of it? first 12months,and maybe more they don't touch your file,and I guess people want to confirm that.

This is soooo frustrating.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
madam-m said:
And I don't understand why people order GCMS every month?what is their benefit of it? first 12months,and maybe more they don't touch your file,and I guess people want to confirm that.
Unlike Vienna, other visa offices are processing applications much faster than the posted processing times. Rome, for example, is at 13 months processing times, but they process applications in less than 6 months. So those people order their notes sooner. Whoever orders notes every month is to find out changes in the application. Because, just like you said, visa offices do not answer people's emails (they give you a standard answer) - so if anyone wants to find out if they passed the medical, or if the visa office started the criminality check - they order the notes.

The GCMS notes tell you every movement of your file, where it is, which officer has worked on it and the most important thing, they tell you what the officer thinks about your application. Also, you can find out from the notes if the visa office is going to request any documents from you in the future, so you can prepare ahead of time.

But this is not the case with Vienna, we shouldn't request notes too often or too early, because in Vienna no one will touch your application earlier than 10 months or more.

Bottom line, everyone has their reasons for requesting the notes. I, for example, was sent back to the doctor to do further tests on my medical exam, because they saw a spot on my lungs. I ordered the notes to see if they received my additional tests (which they did, I passed my medical). They suspected TB, but I never had that, they are just too cautious with that.

If you don't want to order notes, is your choice, no one is making you do that. Everyone can decide for themselves. Some people feel better when they order the notes, they feel they get an update on their application, since the visa offices don't communicate with us and don't reply to our emails. Also, it is not recommended to email the visa office, unless they ask you to.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ordered my GCMS to make sure Vienna has my correct contact information.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Kopje said:
I ordered my GCMS to make sure Vienna has my correct contact information.
This was one of my reasons too. I wanted to see three things: 1. if they had my correct contact info, 2. the exact date when the application arrived in Vienna and 3. if they received my additions medical tests which the Health Branch requested.