Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
MrsStankovich said:
My husbands medical is going to expire soon as well, in about 2 months. I heard that they usually finish before it expires, and if it has to be renewed then it means the process will be over in about a month or so?

yes plenty of people here have had a request and about a month or so you get a passport request

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I don't understand is why they don't move some of the backlog applications to other visa offices. Rom, Paris and London all issue PR in about half a year. They should be able to process some of Viennas backlog.

But of course maybe there is a reason why this is not possible. I assume we will never find out. We have to stay strong and positive!

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
Kopje said:
What I don't understand is why they don't move some of the backlog applications to other visa offices. Rom, Paris and London all issue PR in about half a year. They should be able to process some of Viennas backlog.

But of course maybe there is a reason why this is not possible. I assume we will never find out. We have to stay strong and positive!
Hey Kopje,

I went on the link you posted, but got some different processing time for completion of PR application (20% in 6 months, 30% in 8, 50% in 11 and 80% in 18). I hope i was looking at the wrong info as this would be even more depresing….

Btw, how do I post my timeline here?
Thx

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Dusica said:
Hey Kopje,

I went on the link you posted, but got some different processing time for completion of PR application (20% in 6 months, 30% in 8, 50% in 11 and 80% in 18). I hope i was looking at the wrong info as this would be even more depresing....

Thx

You have to wait until you reach 10 posts, than you will be able to post it

Noname5

Sep 4, 2014
Hello . I`m new to this forum and I have a couple questions. My wife and I got married and we sent the application in Mississauga. First mail was that the application was received by the CIC and the second mail was that the Sponsorship is approved and application sent for the further processing in Vienna . On ECAS says :

Sponsorship Application Status - Decision Made
1. We received your application to sponsor .......
2. We started processing your application on .....
3. We sent you a letter on ..... about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status - Application Received
1. We received .......... application for permanent residence ......

My question is : What`s next ? In which stage are we ? We already wait one month from Mississauga and 5 months from Vienna ...

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Noname5 said:
Hello . I`m new to this forum and I have a couple questions. My wife and I got married and we sent the application in Mississauga. First mail was that the application was received by the CIC and the second mail was that the Sponsorship is approved and application sent for the further processing in Vienna . On ECAS says :

Sponsorship Application Status - Decision Made
1. We received your application to sponsor .......
2. We started processing your application on .....
3. We sent you a letter on ..... about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Permanent Residence Application Status - Application Received
1. We received .......... application for permanent residence ......

My question is : What`s next ? In which stage are we ? We already wait one month from Mississauga and 5 months from Vienna ...
Next stage on ECAS will be "Medical results have been received" and possibly (some visa offices skip this part) after that you will see "In process" instead of "Application received".

Vienna's processing times is at 17 months currently, so since your application has been there for only 5 months, you have at least 10 more months of waiting. Speaking from personal experience, they won't even start the eligibility, criminality and security checks until next summer. My application has been there for 8 months and according to my last GCMS notes (which you can order here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp and video on how to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo) they haven't started any checks on my file yet.

Balkanation

Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 08, 2013
File Transfer...
Dec 26, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 15, 2013 (passed Jan 22, 2014)
Dusica said:
Hey Kopje,

I went on the link you posted, but got some different processing time for completion of PR application (20% in 6 months, 30% in 8, 50% in 11 and 80% in 18). I hope i was looking at the wrong info as this would be even more depresing....

Thx
You are reading it incorrectly, its the same as posted earlier:

20% of all cases are processed within 8 months
30% of all cases are processed within 10 months
50% of all cases are processed within 12 months
70% of all cases are processed within 15 months
80% of all cases are processed within 17 months

In fact, if you narrow down the category to spouse and not all of family class, its a bit better:

80% of all cases are processed within 16 months

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Canadian immigration office and the gavernment claim that family reunification is of great importance to them but comparing to the US or any country in the EU they really don't care about the family reunification. It takes 1-3 months for the US and under 2 months for countries like Germany or Sweden.

svetlana

Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BUCHAREST
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: 02/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
jan.2012/ 16/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2015
LANDED..........
16/01/2015
Everywhere family reunification is very fast. In France is 1 month and anywhere in Europe. What can an officer do during 17 monthssssssss???????????? there are some papers and some pictures.....thats insane. Come on! we live in 21 century,thats uhuman, they break up feelings, everybody is depressed.....life is so short, we cant be with our beloved ones, grow children and be together. sorry for this...but this process makes me very mad.

svetlana

Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BUCHAREST
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: 02/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
jan.2012/ 16/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2015
LANDED..........
16/01/2015
my VO is Bucharest-15 months....have been waiting for 12 months and still nothing :(

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
svetlana said:
my VO is Bucharest-15 months....have been waiting for 12 months and still nothing :(
The saddest thing is that I got my gcms notes in March and they had not touched a thing NOT A SINGLE THING and I have applied in August 2013.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avissa said:
The saddest thing is that I got my gcms notes in March and they had not touched a thing NOT A SINGLE THING and I have applied in August 2013.
According to an internal audit the actual time it takes to process an application is 10-30 days. Some VO's (Vienna is one of them) have collected a huge backlog of applications. Therefore it takes around a year or longer until a visa officer is actually able to work on an application.

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Avissa said:
Avissa, I've been waiting since August 2013 like you, and haven't heard anything from Vienna yet :/ I'm just wondering if we will hear anything before the New Year.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Avissa said:

I rec'd my notes in July and they havent touch a thing. i applied in june 2013. I requested more notes and ill be getting them next week. Hoping they started something! this is to much!

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
alekgalorini said:
I rec'd my notes in July and they havent touch a thing. i applied in june 2013. I requested more notes and ill be getting them next week. Hoping they started something! this is to much!
alekgalorini --- it's very challenging, but we have to stay positive that we will hear something either this month or next. We have to.