+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video conference hearing notice.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
I thought I was the only person who had this experience, the member didn’t show up on my hearing date back in December now I’m just waiting for a new hearing date. Hopefully we’ll get something soon
THAT's not good -_- they just didn't show up and your lawyer had no idea?

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
THAT's not good -_- they just didn't show up and your lawyer had no idea?
Yes we linked to teams and everything and we’re just waiting for the member. Both my lawyer and I were told after 10 mins of waiting that the member called in sick and there will be no one available to conduct the hearing

Tite2020

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
I had ministry intervention but after they did not intervene and i had my hearing done last year but it was not completed so i got another hearing date recently and it had cancelled.
Any update on your case? Minister intent to intervene is it the same as minister intervention. And also if the letter says all exhibits and still says minister will not be present at the hearing what does this mean please? Anyone can answer me. what will be the next thing to do please. Will CBSA call me or invite me even if I have not had a hearing. Can I get a call from them without having my hearing?
Or CBSA comes in after hearing?

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Any update on your case? Minister intent to intervene is it the same as minister intervention. And also if the letter says all exhibits and still says minister will not be present at the hearing what does this mean please? Anyone can answer me. what will be the next thing to do please. Will CBSA call me or invite me even if I have not had a hearing. Can I get a call from them without having my hearing?
Or CBSA comes in after hearing?
It seems that Minister will not intervene in your hearing now so it will be a normal hearing like i did my 1st hearing without intervention but be prepared on the grounds minister wanted to intervene Member’s focus will be on that point.

still senior members input is important.

Reactions: Tite2020

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
I received a letter of disclosure today prior to my hearing from IRB with some documents I haven't included on my supporting documents, like I applied for vision VISA, and they sent me my passport and forms I have filled when I applied for visitor visa; any idea what it means? the subject was like "Disclosure of documents prior to your hearing"

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I received a letter of disclosure today prior to my hearing from IRB with some documents I haven't included on my supporting documents, like I applied for vision VISA, and they sent me my passport and forms I have filled when I applied for visitor visa; any idea what it means? the subject was like "Disclosure of documents prior to your hearing"
Hey,
It’s nothing to worry about if your information in the disclosure is same with what you have in your BOC. if there are discrepancies, you must be prepared to give believable reasons for the discrepancies to avoid big problems. If you have supporting documents to back up your points, make them available and disclose them to IRB through your counsel.
You can as well discuss with your counsel regarding the disclosure.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Thank you, its exactly the same, just only one thing might need explanation, and doing my best to prepare for that, any tips on my interview? My lawyer repeatedly told me to answer only what I am asked, and just straight answers. :D

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would assume there may be a discrepancy if it was added.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa before coming here, they just sent documents in there including the forms I filled out... (I entered Canada through US border. ) There is one discrepancy but I backed it up with my supporting documents, and I have a pretty good explanation should one of the member mentioned it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for a visitor visa before coming here, they just sent documents in there including the forms I filled out... (I entered Canada through US border. ) There is one discrepancy but I backed it up with my supporting documents, and I have a pretty good explanation should one of the member mentioned it.
Just pointing out that there would be a reason it was included.

LuckyStarrr

Jul 12, 2021
Hello! We're supposed to have a hearing, but in less than a day, it's was postponed. Prior to this, our case was recognized as less complex, then a notification of a short hearing. And now, it postponed for administrative reasons. Has anyone been in a similar situation not too long ago?

Sarah2022

Feb 25, 2022
Hello! We're supposed to have a hearing, but in less than a day, it's was postponed. Prior to this, our case was recognized as less complex, then a notification of a short hearing. And now, it postponed for administrative reasons. Has anyone been in a similar situation not too long ago?
Yes, I initially had my case under the less complex processes then that was no longer the case, and I was scheduled for a hearing, the hearing was cancelled half an hour before it was scheduled for, I got another date and that was cancelled again for administrative reasons,had another hearing about a week ago and now I am waiting for the decision

LuckyStarrr

Jul 12, 2021
Yes, I initially had my case under the less complex processes then that was no longer the case, and I was scheduled for a hearing, the hearing was cancelled half an hour before it was scheduled for, I got another date and that was cancelled again for administrative reasons,had another hearing about a week ago and now I am waiting for the decision
Wow! This eternal waiting is very exhausting! Wish you luck!