+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video conference hearing notice.

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
I know alot of people say 5 that wen this route and got a positive decision. This is done now because of COVID19. I am wondering why your lawyer said no.
My lawyer is concerned about the interference we might face though the process. As everyone will join from their own place. Even my lawyer will not be with as well at that time. He also has some points.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
My lawyer is concerned about the interference we might face though the process. As everyone will join from their own place. Even my lawyer will not be with as well at that time. He also has some points.
why not? he can sit in the same room with you using another laptop whats a big deal? one of my friends replied to them in yes and his lawyer will sit with him..

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hi.
Everyone.
I just got a latter from RPD. They asking me if i wanted to go for a video conference hearing. Which will be done by Microsoft teams app and everyone will be on their house or from their place. When i ask my lawyer about that he said it will be a bad idea. I really need suggestions from you people as It's been 2 years since i filed my case and this is the first time i heard something from RPD.

Please, if anyone has any experience regarding this and any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
My friend had his hearing last week on Video from home and it went well and they got Approved.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
My friend had his hearing last week on Video from home and it went well and they got Approved.
good news how many hours was last? and how was the arrangement I mean lawyer and your friend were together or all were separate?

Ab2018

Oct 8, 2020
You're welcome Zainab , don't hesitate to contact anytime if you need any information :)
Can I ask you if you don’t mind after signing the consent form your friend that he is approving having the hearing through videoconferencing after how long they gave him the date of hearing?
thanks

Last edited:

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Can I ask you if you don’t mind after signing the consent form your friend that he is approving having the hearing through videoconferencing after how long they gave him the date of hearing?
thanks
His hearing date was already Scheduled for the same day before He got this option of Videoconferencing, They didn't change the date