+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video conference hearing notice.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Good Evening all members,

as IRB canceled all in person hearing from 18 Jan what will happen to those who has hearings in coming days will they be automatically converted to Virtual hearings or they are canceled.

TIA

Ulkar025

Dec 12, 2020
Good Evening all members,

as IRB canceled all in person hearing from 18 Jan what will happen to those who has hearings in coming days will they be automatically converted to Virtual hearings or they are canceled.

TIA
All hearings are video now. If you want in person you have to write letter to make it in person for some reasons. But all hearings are virtual since December

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
All hearings are video now. If you want in person you have to write letter to make it in person for some reasons. But all hearings are virtual since December
Thanks for the reply

But i got a letter in December for in person hearing already for next month, my question is, will it be virtual now or it will be cancelled?

Ulkar025

Dec 12, 2020
Thanks for the reply

But i got a letter for in person hearing already, my question is, will it be virtual now or it will be cancelled?
Ok now understand. Yes I already read news they wrote they will contact who has in person hearing. I think they will send you or your lawyer mail about it.

Reactions: Refuge

Moe_C

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
My short virtual hearing got postponed, no date yet. My lawer says it's good sign that they're considering approving me without a hearing.

Wishing everyone good luck, i know how anxiety provoking this is.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
My short virtual hearing got postponed, no date yet. My lawer says it's good sign that they're considering approving me without a hearing.

trust me you're case is accepted!!! was it one of those less complex cases? I have a hearing on MONDAY and I'm freaking out.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017

i wish you best of luck.

i had my hearing on 4th and it was also postponed same day of hearing and now my lawyer says i will have another hearing on later date.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
i wish you best of luck.

i had my hearing on 4th and it was also postponed same day of hearing and now my lawyer says i will have another hearing on later date.
ohh sorry to hear that
Was you're case referred as less complex? Usually its a good sign, after they read your case, they might believe it's not worth a hearing, so they'll approve your case, just hang in there.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
sep 2019, it took a year and a half, I went to undergrad school and they gave me plenty of scholarships, but it doesn't matter after all if I don't win my case

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
ohh sorry to hear that
Was you're case referred as less complex? Usually its a good sign, after they read your case, they might believe it's not worth a hearing, so they'll approve your case, just hang in there.
No my case wasn’t referred as less complex case.

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
so you submitted your supporting documents before the due date, (10 days), and when you're waiting for your hearing it's just got postponed? you're lawyer didn't know why? did he tell you something about ministry intervention?

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
so you submitted your supporting documents before the due date, (10 days), and when you're waiting for your hearing it's just got postponed? you're lawyer didn't know why? did he tell you something about ministry intervention?
I had ministry intervention but after they did not intervene and i had my hearing done last year but it was not completed so i got another hearing date recently and it had cancelled.

Chimurenga 4

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
i wish you best of luck.

I thought I was the only person who had this experience, the member didn’t show up on my hearing date back in December now I’m just waiting for a new hearing date. Hopefully we’ll get something soon