+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video conference hearing notice.

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
Hi.
Everyone.
I just got a latter from RPD. They asking me if i wanted to go for a video conference hearing. Which will be done by Microsoft teams app and everyone will be on their house or from their place. When i ask my lawyer about that he said it will be a bad idea. I really need suggestions from you people as It's been 2 years since i filed my case and this is the first time i heard something from RPD.

Please, if anyone has any experience regarding this and any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: jack_2001

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Because of covid, most hearing has been done by video. Its up to make the decision thats best for you. Why did the lawyer say it is a bad idea ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi.
Everyone.
I just got a latter from RPD. They asking me if i wanted to go for a video conference hearing. Which will be done by Microsoft teams app and everyone will be on their house or from their place. When i ask my lawyer about that he said it will be a bad idea. I really need suggestions from you people as It's been 2 years since i filed my case and this is the first time i heard something from RPD.

Please, if anyone has any experience regarding this and any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
It is your personal choice. If you refuse your case can be delayed for a long period of time. I would assume your lawyer discouraged you because it is easier to interpret nuance in person.

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
It is your personal choice. If you refuse your case can be delayed for a long period of time. I would assume your lawyer discouraged you because it is easier to interpret nuance in person.

This is my another concern as i already waited for 2years for the hearing. The lawyer said as four people will join from four different places there will be a higher chance of mistakes.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
you can go for it as in your comfort zone you can respond better way as compared to in-person.. and the other thing you waited so long already so another year or months can be a long time again for you..

Reactions: Waelsayed

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi.
Everyone.

Thanks in advance.
I did my hearing in 2016 by video conference from the Edmonton office. If you have a strong case in person or video conference is not going to make a difference.
Good luck!

Reactions: Papilus

naaka

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
take your lawyer's advise. nature beats all this especially if you have a complex case that you need to argue out well.

Reactions: Waelsayed

Waelsayed

Feb 6, 2020
I was just wondering is everyone getting that latter or just some handful of peoples getting this. Should i sense some positive sign about that?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I was just wondering is everyone getting that latter or just some handful of peoples getting this. Should i sense some positive sign about that?
One of my friends who is waiting 3 years after no sign of the hearing received that letter as well

Tite2020

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
I know alot of people say 5 that wen this route and got a positive decision. This is done now because of COVID19. I am wondering why your lawyer said no.