+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY URGENT : Question around Passport request

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
purchase two (2) PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Can I buy any other size? Will this be enough to send two passports, printout of the letter and two photographs each?

- Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

I believe this is the envelop in which the passport will come back along with COPR. Is it correct?

- Fold and enclose the self-addressed envelope in the other envelope along with your passport(s) and a copy of this request letter.

So the above envelop should be "folded" into the other letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), Can I send a bigger envelop which will contain a small envelop (which can accommodate my passports when its returned?)

Thanks guys

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bc_applicant7 said:
purchase two (2) PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Can I buy any other size? Will this be enough to send two passports, printout of the letter and two photographs each?

- Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

I believe this is the envelop in which the passport will come back along with COPR. Is it correct?

- Fold and enclose the self-addressed envelope in the other envelope along with your passport(s) and a copy of this request letter.

So the above envelop should be "folded" into the other letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), Can I send a bigger envelop which will contain a small envelop (which can accommodate my passports when its returned?)

Thanks guys
Just follow the exact instructions - then you wont have a problem. This is what CIC are asking for. People here are not CIC, so we cannot say yay or nay. Just do what they are asking and you won't have a problem.

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
Thanks

Yes, I understand but didn't quite understand the "fold" the envelop. May be someone who has sent the PP recently can help.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bc_applicant7 said:
Thanks

Yes, I understand but didn't quite understand the "fold" the envelop. May be someone who has sent the PP recently can help.
It literally means fold the envelop in half and put it in the other envelop as requested. Nothing complicated.

Congrats on receiving your PPR!

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013

Thanks guys

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bc_applicant7 said:

Thanks guys
?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
bc_applicant7 said:
I am asking for someone else's opinion, you can pass this question. Please.
You got your answer
Follow the instructions - they are very clear and there's no need for you to cause yourself so must angst.

PS- this is really not a subject that should be marked Very Urgent - recently someone posted from the immigration desk where they were being processed::: THAT is considered urgent.you have the answer in front of you

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
i think it will be enough.
always better to do exactly what they ask..
when did you get your ppr btw?

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
So I sent my PP today. I put the small envelop inside a bigger one. I called CIC and the agent told me the letter size is indicative. You can send in any size as you want.
Which makes sense too. Folding a xpresspost envelop didnt seem like a good idea to me.

DummyDeck

Sep 26, 2013
Hi,

you are the most senior and right person I consider to answer the same question once you asked last year when you received the PPR.

I did the same thing put a small envelop in the large one, did CIC object anything in your case? do you remember the size of the small envelop you used?

I am quoting your original question for the reference here. I would appreciate your input.

"So I sent my PP today. I put the small envelop inside a bigger one. I called CIC and the agent told me the letter size is indicative. You can send in any size as you want.
Which makes sense too. Folding a xpresspost envelop didnt seem like a good idea to me."

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
when I sent my ppts (4) i used a letter size envelope to send it trough Canada post (sent to the PO box address) inside there was a smaller prepaid envelope were I wrote my address on the "deliver to" space. CIC put a sticker with the courier address on the "remitent" space when they send back my ppts, not a problem at all

DummyDeck

Sep 26, 2013
JORGER said:
when I sent my ppts (4) i used a letter size envelope to send it trough Canada post (sent to the PO box address) inside there was a smaller prepaid envelope were I wrote my address on the "deliver to" space. CIC put a sticker with the courier address on the "remitent" space when they send back my ppts, not a problem at all
Thanks a lot!