+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

very unique scenario with PR. Need some help.

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi!
I have applied my PR or myself, my wife and my toddler.
Unfortunately I have been let go from my job and it i have been using my savings to pay for everything.
Just a few days ago, I received a request for Fingerprints. Based on that, I guess I will receive my PR card sometime in August/September.

So, I was thinking, can I go back to India with my family, and come back later to collect the PR Cards?
The issue with this approach is that they ask to confirm whether you are in Canada before sending out your PR Card. So I can't even do that.
So What are my options here.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!
I have applied my PR or myself, my wife and my toddler.
Unfortunately I have been let go from my job and it i have been using my savings to pay for everything.
Just a few days ago, I received a request for Fingerprints. Based on that, I guess I will receive my PR card sometime in August/September.

So, I was thinking, can I go back to India with my family, and come back later to collect the PR Cards?
The issue with this approach is that they ask to confirm whether you are in Canada before sending out your PR Card. So I can't even do that.
So What are my options here.

Any advice is appreciated.
You may very well be asked to confirm that you are in Canada. IRCC does not mail PR Cards to an address outside of Canada.

Are you able to find work (even if it's something that you are over qualified to do) just to continue to live in Canada until you have landed and received your PR Card? Some people assume that all cards are mailed, but sometimes IRCC asks the person to appear at a local office to pick up their PR Card.

Good luck!

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
You may very well be asked to confirm that you are in Canada. IRCC does not mail PR Cards to an address outside of Canada.

Are you able to find work (even if it's something that you are over qualified to do) just to continue to live in Canada until you have landed and received your PR Card? Some people assume that all cards are mailed, but sometimes IRCC asks the person to appear at a local office to pick up their PR Card.

Good luck!
Thanks for your response.
I think staying in Canada is the only choice.

I do saw some threads in a which people are asking their cases to be moved to their regional VO. So I am we wondering can I do that. Can I ask them to transfer my case to Delhi VO and I can come to Canada for Soft Landing or whatever it is called.