+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY IMPORTANT !!!PLZ HELP !!!

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
HI ,ALL!
I SENT PAPERS LAST WEEK TO MISSASSAUGA CASE PROCESSING CENTRE TO SPONSOR MY HUSBAND.
TODAY WE FOUND OUT THAT HIS WORKING VISA WILL BE CANCELLED IN UAE AND HE HAS TO LEAVE COUNTRY IN 1 MONTH.
I AM WORRIED ,BEZ I WROTE MAILING ADDRESS FOR HIM UAE.
CAN HE COME WITH VISITOR VISA TO CANADA AND WAIT FOR HIS PR HERE.
DO I HAVE TO LET CIC ABOUT HIM BEING WITH ME?WOULD THIS AFFECT THE SPEED OF PROCESSING ?

THANK U IN ADVANCE.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes he can be here on a visitors visa and also be here in Outland while waiting for his PR to be approved

Calvados

Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the application, did you specify that his application should be processed in UAE? If so - this needs to be resolved, application cannot be processed there unless your spouse is a citizen of or gets long-term legal status in one of the countries processed in Abu Dhabi. I am not sure how you do that - hopefully someone from forum knows or call CIC.

As for coming to Canada, just having an application in process does not give him the right to come to Canada. If he is from a visa waiver country, he MAY be able to Canada (it's all left to the discretion of CBSA agent). If not, you may apply for TRV but the anecdotal evidence is that most of TRV applications for persons with immigration application in process are denied. In any case, if he is admitted into Canada, he should be able at any moment go to the country of processing for an interview. Other than that - yes, he can stay in Canada with you. It does not affect speed of processing in any way.

Also, please do not write in caps, this is very annoying.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he gets a visitor visa and come over here, you need to notify CIC. If he will be unable to return to UAE, you might want to think of changing the visa office to a different location, perhaps your home country.

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Thank u Calvados for ur reply.
On the application for visa office i wrote Cairo ,Egypt,because my husband is egyptian and only is working in UAE for now.
I know having application in process does not give him right to come to Canada ,but circumstances are such he has to come to Montreal ,when his visa is cancelled he is not allowed to stay in UAE for more than a month.
About interview,i thought people are asked for that only if io is not sure about relationship being genuine,hopefully is not our case ,i sent a lot of pictures,chat log ,tickets,visas and moreover documents from hospital proving me being pregnant.

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
chandu007 said:
If he gets a visitor visa and come over here, you need to notify CIC. If he will be unable to return to UAE, you might want to think of changing the visa office to a different location, perhaps your home country.
The visa office is in Egypt ,Cairo ,because the time processing in Abu-dhabi is tooooo long.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
He is recan apply for the visitor visa but the chances of him getting it are very, very slim. The fact he has an application plus a pregnant wife they will be concerned if his application is refused he won't leave. He would also need to show ties to Egypt, home, job property ect.

I believe he will have to return home to Egypt to wait the decision on the application.

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
kelKel said:
He is recan apply for the visitor visa but the chances of him getting it are very, very slim. The fact he has an application plus a pregnant wife they will be concerned if his application is refused he won't leave. He would also need to show ties to Egypt, home, job property ect.

I believe he will have to return home to Egypt to wait the decision on the application.
Kelkel ,what reasons could be for his application to be refused (i am sponsoring my husband outland)?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lapula said:
Kelkel ,what reasons could be for his application to be refused (i am sponsoring my husband outland)?
She is talking just about the visitor's visa. It can be refused because a visit has a beginning and an END. When applying for a visitor's visa, you must satisfy the VO that the applicant will leave Canada at the end of their stay. It's difficult to get a visitor's visa when an outland sponsorship application is in process because the sponsoring spouse is in Canada. To be approved for the visitor's visa, as kelkel said, he would need to provide significant proof of ties to his home country such as a job, money, property, etc. Given that it looks like his current contract in UAE is ending and his wife lives in Canada, the likelihood of a positive decision in a visitor's application is very slim.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Thanks rjessome that'd exactly what I meant. Sorry lapula I should have reread my post so it was more clear.

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
thank u all:)
i hope my husband will be granted a visitor visa ,i see his visit to montreal as only solution in this situation...