+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERIFICATION OF WORK OFFER FROM MARRIOTT HOTEL TORONTO

Ravi_7268

Dec 2, 2020
Hi sir,
One of my friend got this offer letter so i want to confirm that this is real or fake

CONTRACT LETTER
Passport Number: N089***
DEAR RAHUL SHARMA
I am pleased to appoint you the position of “MANAGER” in FOOD & BEVERAGE Department
beginning immediately after reaching to the country and signing the contract with us.Your starting salary
will CAD $ 4,000 per month .You will be paid monthly on the last working day of each month.
Accepting to the offer you hereby have to abide to the below mentioned terms and conditions,
1. You will be on probation for a period of 3 months. Upon satisfactory completion of probation, you will be
confirmed in the regular cadre of thecompany.
a. The company will expect you to work a high standard of initiative, efficiency and economy.
b. This offer will be valid for two years from the date of reporting to duty.
c. The written notice of termination of this contract of employment will be one month by either party or one
month gross salary lieu of notice period. In case you leave your employment without giving requisite
notice, no relieving order will be issued and settlement of dues will be at the discretion of the Management.
The management reserves the right to deduct, as liquid at damages an amount equal to one month gross
salary from any amount that may be due to you.
2. During your employment with the company, you will be liable to be transferred to other branch of the
company or of associate companies / group companies, whether existing or to be set up, whether in the
same town/city or other branch in Singapore on the same terms and conditions of the employment at
the sole discretion of the Management.
3. During your employment with the company, you will be governed by the service rules and regulations of
the company in force or as introduced or amended from time to time. You will also be governed by the
company's policies and rules regarding leave, provident fund, leave travel assistance, misconduct, and
indiscipline or other matters. Privilege leave, if cashable, as per statute or company practice, while in
service or on cessation of service, shall be only on basicsalary.
4. You are required to strictly maintain the secrecy of and not to divulge or communicate in any manner, any
information regarding your remuneration/terms of employment to any other employee of the company
except your immediate superior. Any such disclosure is a serious case of indiscipline and would render
you liable for termination with immediate effect not withstanding other terms and conditions mention in
this appointment letter.
5. You are required to deal with company's money, materials and documents with utmost honesty and
professional ethics. If you are found guilty, at point of time, of moral turpitude or of dishonesty in dealing
with the company's money or material or documents or of theft or of misappropriation regardless of the
value involved, your services would be terminated with immediate effect not withstanding other terms and
conditions mentioned in this appointment letter.
Compensation:
You will be compensated with an hourly salary inthe amount of CAD 25 per hour exclusive of tax and your working
hours is 9 am to 6 pm per day from Monday - Friday (Saturday and Sunday work counts as overtime).
Benefits:
A.As an employee of MARRIOTT HOTELS & RESORTS, Furnished Accommodation will be
provided to all the workers, Food is provided by the company management. One way air
ticket will be provided to report to duty and contract can be extended based on your
performance. The Employer shall provide Medical Coverage as per the company Medical
Insurance Plan for you alone.
6. You are required not to engage yourself in any other gainful or commercial employment, business, part-
time or full-time, directly or indirectly, simultaneously as long as you are employed with MARRIOTT
HOTELS & RESORTS Or engage yourself directly or indirectly in any other profitable business
connected with the dealings or activities of the company in any way, any action to the contrary would
render your services liable for termination not withstanding any other conditions in the appointment
letter.
7. You will be reporting to your Junior Sr Manager Mr. Jobin George.
8. Please sign the copy of this appointment letter and return to us as your acceptance of the appointment
and the terms/conditions.
9. Please Bring with you the copies of ID proof and address proof, copies of school & College leaving
certificates / Birth certificate, last educational qualification certificate (if any) and one passport size
photograph and one stamp size photographs at the timeof joining.

Please confirm me

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi sir,
One of my friend got this offer letter so i want to confirm that this is real or fake

CONTRACT LETTER
Passport Number: N089***
DEAR RAHUL SHARMA
I am pleased to appoint you the position of “MANAGER” in FOOD & BEVERAGE Department
beginning immediately after reaching to the country and signing the contract with us.Your starting salary
will CAD $ 4,000 per month .You will be paid monthly on the last working day of each month.
Accepting to the offer you hereby have to abide to the below mentioned terms and conditions,
1. You will be on probation for a period of 3 months. Upon satisfactory completion of probation, you will be
confirmed in the regular cadre of thecompany.
a. The company will expect you to work a high standard of initiative, efficiency and economy.
b. This offer will be valid for two years from the date of reporting to duty.
c. The written notice of termination of this contract of employment will be one month by either party or one
month gross salary lieu of notice period. In case you leave your employment without giving requisite
notice, no relieving order will be issued and settlement of dues will be at the discretion of the Management.
The management reserves the right to deduct, as liquid at damages an amount equal to one month gross
salary from any amount that may be due to you.
2. During your employment with the company, you will be liable to be transferred to other branch of the
company or of associate companies / group companies, whether existing or to be set up, whether in the
same town/city or other branch in Singapore on the same terms and conditions of the employment at
the sole discretion of the Management.
3. During your employment with the company, you will be governed by the service rules and regulations of
the company in force or as introduced or amended from time to time. You will also be governed by the
company's policies and rules regarding leave, provident fund, leave travel assistance, misconduct, and
indiscipline or other matters. Privilege leave, if cashable, as per statute or company practice, while in
service or on cessation of service, shall be only on basicsalary.
4. You are required to strictly maintain the secrecy of and not to divulge or communicate in any manner, any
information regarding your remuneration/terms of employment to any other employee of the company
except your immediate superior. Any such disclosure is a serious case of indiscipline and would render
you liable for termination with immediate effect not withstanding other terms and conditions mention in
this appointment letter.
5. You are required to deal with company's money, materials and documents with utmost honesty and
professional ethics. If you are found guilty, at point of time, of moral turpitude or of dishonesty in dealing
with the company's money or material or documents or of theft or of misappropriation regardless of the
value involved, your services would be terminated with immediate effect not withstanding other terms and
conditions mentioned in this appointment letter.
Compensation:
You will be compensated with an hourly salary inthe amount of CAD 25 per hour exclusive of tax and your working
hours is 9 am to 6 pm per day from Monday - Friday (Saturday and Sunday work counts as overtime).
Benefits:
A.As an employee of MARRIOTT HOTELS & RESORTS, Furnished Accommodation will be
provided to all the workers, Food is provided by the company management. One way air
ticket will be provided to report to duty and contract can be extended based on your
performance. The Employer shall provide Medical Coverage as per the company Medical
Insurance Plan for you alone.
6. You are required not to engage yourself in any other gainful or commercial employment, business, part-
time or full-time, directly or indirectly, simultaneously as long as you are employed with MARRIOTT
HOTELS & RESORTS Or engage yourself directly or indirectly in any other profitable business
connected with the dealings or activities of the company in any way, any action to the contrary would
render your services liable for termination not withstanding any other conditions in the appointment
letter.
7. You will be reporting to your Junior Sr Manager Mr. Jobin George.
8. Please sign the copy of this appointment letter and return to us as your acceptance of the appointment
and the terms/conditions.
9. Please Bring with you the copies of ID proof and address proof, copies of school & College leaving
certificates / Birth certificate, last educational qualification certificate (if any) and one passport size
photograph and one stamp size photographs at the timeof joining.

Please confirm me
It's fake. Don't sign anything, send documents or money

Akhlak Rahat

Feb 24, 2021
I have got a job offer from Marriott hotel by their email address marriothotel@hotmail.com . Then I have sent my cv for the post of chief chef and got approved and then they gave me agreement letter ,after signing it They gave me a visa application form and told me that after filling it correctly I should sent it to Canadian immigration office through their mail address (canadianimmigrationofice@null.net) and after this they asked some questions through email for interview perpose. Then sent me another mail from (canadianimmigrationlawyeroffice@mail.com) and told me to submit my passport scan copy and photograph and contact with the lawyer asking for visa authorization letter. In their last mail by the lawyer the said ,

YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE CANADIAN ZONAL TOURIST DEPARTMENT ON HOW YOU WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT FEES OF ( $500 US DOLLARS) WITH YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT SCAN COPY TO ENABLE THEM DISCOVER YOUR FILE EASILY. By ( canadiantouristdepartment@null.net) this mail address.

All I want to know is this a scam ? Are those mail address are legal? Should I continue the process?
I can give all the documents if needed.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have got a job offer from Marriott hotel by their email address marriothotel@hotmail.com . Then I have sent my cv for the post of chief chef and got approved and then they gave me agreement letter ,after signing it They gave me a visa application and told me that after filling it correctly I should sent it to Canadian immigration office through their mail address (canadianimmigrationofice@null.net) and after this they asked some questions through email for interview perpose. Then sent me another mail from (canadianimmigrationlawyeroffice@mail.com) and told me to submit my passport scan copy and photograph and contact with the lawyer asking for visa authorization letter. In their last mail by the lawyer the said ,

YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE CANADIAN ZONAL TOURIST DEPARTMENT ON HOW YOU WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT FEES OF ( $500 US DOLLARS) WITH YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT SCAN COPY TO ENABLE THEM DISCOVER YOUR FILE EASILY. By ( canadiantouristdepartment@null.net) this mail address.

All I want to know is this a scam ? Are those mail address are legal? Should I continue the process?
Fake. Don’t give them money or you will never get it back.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have got a job offer from Marriott hotel by their email address marriothotel@hotmail.com . Then I have sent my cv for the post of chief chef and got approved and then they gave me agreement letter ,after signing it They gave me a visa application and told me that after filling it correctly I should sent it to Canadian immigration office through their mail address (canadianimmigrationofice@null.net) and after this they asked some questions through email for interview perpose. Then sent me another mail from (canadianimmigrationlawyeroffice@mail.com) and told me to submit my passport scan copy and photograph and contact with the lawyer asking for visa authorization letter. In their last mail by the lawyer the said ,

It's fake and a scam.

Do not give them any personal information or documents and do not give them any money.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you please tell me some specific reason why it is fake?
Sure - there are tons of reasons why this is obviously fake.

- Why is the hotel email you from a hotmail address? No real job offer would come from a hotmail or gmail address. Only scammers use hotmail addresses. That should honestly be more than enough evidence for you to know this is very obviously a scam.
- There is no such thing as the Canadian Zonal Tourist department. This doesn't exist.
- Why are they asking you to pay $500? What is this for? Why are they asking for this fee in US Dollars? There is no such application fee for a work permit. Also, all fees are in Canadian dollars.
- No hotels are hiring now due to the pandemic.
- If you go to the REAL Marriott website and go to their job / career section, you will see they have a warning about fake job scams using their name.
- And many more reasons...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why do you think it is fake? Can you please tell me some reasons?
We don't "think" this is fake. We KNOW this is fake. Zero chance this is real.

Akhlak Rahat

Feb 24, 2021
Sure - there are tons of reasons why this is obviously fake.

- Why is the hotel email you from a hotmail address? No real job offer would come from a hotmail or gmail address. Only scammers use hotmail addresses. That should honestly be more than enough evidence for you to know this is very obviously a scam.
- There is no such thing as the Canadian Zonal Tourist department. This doesn't exist.
- Why are they asking you to pay $500? What is this for? Why are they asking for this fee in US Dollars? There is no such application fee for a work permit. Also, all fees are in Canadian dollars.
- No hotels are hiring now due to the pandemic.
- If you go to the REAL Marriott website and go to their job / career section, you will see they have a warning about fake job scams using their name.
- And many more reasons...
I was doubtful about the offer from the beginning, still I was excited about the opportunity. I thought It could be a great opportunity for my carrier and to prove myself. But now i know it's all fake. I think the government should take step to stop this fraud don't know how many people have lost their money and time by those scams.
Btw, Thanks for the information ❤

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was doubtful about the offer from the beginning, still I was excited about the opportunity. I thought It could be a great opportunity for my carrier and to prove myself. But now i know it's all fake. I think the government should take step to stop this fraud don't know how many people have lost their money and time by those scams.
Btw, Thanks for the information ❤
The scammers generally aren't in Canada so there is nothing the Canadian government can do about them.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
The thing you need to remember is that Canada has suffered many people losing their jobs because of COVID and therefore low skilled vacancies are going to be filled by Canadians.
The employing company needs to obtain a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) which takes months and costs them $1000 to apply which demonstrates that they have tried to find somebody to fill the vacancy in Canada and couldn't.
These Scammers target people in places such as India, Africa and the Philippines who want a better life and are more likely to fall for their scams because they are desperate. The trouble is they target the people who can afford it least.