VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

angel_taz22

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ConnieD said:
Hi guys!!

Just wanted to let you know that as I'm still waiting for PR, that is in process, I finally applied for student visa last Friday January 29th. I also submitted my husbands Open Work Permit, that same day. And We both got our visas approved today February 2nd. SO QUICK!!!!!

So, definitely "dual intent" , can't remember who named it sometime, is exactly how thing work. Having an application in process does not intefier with another application as long as you provide requested documentation and info.

Best luck to all!!!

Connie

hi :) i am just new here and got some questions.. I tried to log EE, unfortunately, I am ineligible to apply - scored below 67 pts for PNP, also my CRS is just 3oo+. Im thinking If I can go with the student visa. Is it possible? Im an IT grad but Im currently working as a call center agent. Can I also bring along my husband and 2 kids? I have relatives in Ontario, but I am willing to explore other provinces. I attended the NB info session, however, I cannot submit my EOI because I did not meet the min 67 points. what can I do?

I quoted you Connie here, I think we're almost with the same situation :)

thanks in advance :)

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
neoagain said:
Thank you Terki

Followed your advice, trying to submit an EOI for New Brunswick - as of now I think they are not accepting nominations, coz when I tried submitting my EOI, I got a mail saying"We are currently not accepting EOIs. Please follow our website for updates.

Présentement, nous n’acceptons plus de déclarations d’intérêts (DI). S’il vous plaît consulter notre site Web pour des mises à jour. :eek: :eek:
I sent 14 appllicatios yesterday to N.B - they all were accepted - you may call them directly if any issues

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
angel_taz22 said:
hi :) i am just new here and got some questions.. I tried to log EE, unfortunately, I am ineligible to apply - scored below 67 pts for PNP, also my CRS is just 3oo+. Im thinking If I can go with the student visa. Is it possible? Im an IT grad but Im currently working as a call center agent. Can I also bring along my husband and 2 kids? I have relatives in Ontario, but I am willing to explore other provinces. I attended the NB info session, however, I cannot submit my EOI because I did not meet the min 67 points. what can I do?

angel what country are you based out of

yes student is defintely an option

owp for spouse is very delicate - you must present your case well

chld is allowed to study free

fagee

Jan 26, 2016
hi,
can anyone plz guide me regarding student route. basically i applied for EE last month but my points are not that high to get selected in fsw, so on the other end i am planning to take a course in canada which will be good for me in future. i have done MBA from UK. so anyone have any idea that what are the courses available for me to take and what are the institutes available.
kind regards

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
dont understand your query - you have an mba and how are the points low ?

are u single ?

work experience ?

ielts ?

angel_taz22

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
terki said:
angel what country are you based out of

yes student is defintely an option

owp for spouse is very delicate - you must present your case well

chld is allowed to study free

hi terki :)

Im from Philippines. Actually, I am planning to re-take IELTS to add on my points (currently under CLB7 only). also, husband will take IELTS in March. But Im still looking if we can go with the student visa. I would like to verify, do I need to take a course related to what I took up in college here in the Philippines? Is it okay if once granted with Student permit, can I shift to another course once Im there? (from IT-related course to Child Care)

How delicate is the OWP for spouse if I have the student permit? Husband is currently working in Dubai, will it affect the application?

In every province, including Qeubec, is the education for kids (5 and 6 yrs old)
free?

thank you for your reply :) I really appreaciate it!

ConnieD

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-09-2015
Interview........
Not needed at this time
angel_taz22 said:

Hi Angel, how are you?

I applied to EE and got invitation, the reason I went through study permit is because PR is still in process and it probably wouldn't be ready on time for me to start studying in May, even if it came through now.
Nevertheless, about student visa it's a good option!!! I applied to a HR postgraduate at George Brown College. I'm going over to Toronto with my husband (got an Open Work Permit) and 2 kids.
I'd suggest you choose well what and where to study in order to make sure you get accepted, as you'll have to present letter of acceptance and eventually once in Canada you'll have to prove you are actually doing considerable progress in your studies.
For your husband to get the work permit you'd have to show you don't intend to stay for good in Canada. In our case, we presented our house and car property title. In addition, as my husband is a freelance Accountant he will keep working from there, so he got a letter from one of his clientes stating he will continue to provide services during his time in Canada. So, you should try to find what would show Canadian government that you intend to go back to your home country. I'd say, mostly financial ties as properties (house/car/business) a job, etc.
You will also have to prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself and family during your time there. Basically, that you don't depend on your husband finding a job in order to study and live.
If you can get that, I'm pretty sure you'll get approved really quickly.

Not sure if this helps you or not. If you have any other question, feel free to ask! GOOD LUCK!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
angel_taz22 said:
hi terki :)

Im from Philippines. Actually, I am planning to re-take IELTS to add on my points (currently under CLB7 only). also, husband will take IELTS in March. But Im still looking if we can go with the student visa. I would like to verify, do I need to take a course related to what I took up in college here in the Philippines? Is it okay if once granted with Student permit, can I shift to another course once Im there? (from IT-related course to Child Care)

How delicate is the OWP for spouse if I have the student permit? Husband is currently working in Dubai, will it affect the application?

In every province, including Qeubec, is the education for kids (5 and 6 yrs old)
free?

yes education will be covered for kids in Canada
you can change the course without notifying cic however as per new rules you must be actively engaged in studies

Regarding EE
if your CRS is hitting around 400+ with your current IELTS and retaking the test may add up another 50 points with CLB 9 - can safely get you ITA or Ontarip Notification of interest

I would put my time on IELTS and crack it - else of course student visa is indeed an option

since your husband is in DUBAI - you must prove that he doesn't intend to stay back in Canada -

I would just do the student visa and child dependdant first and invite husband after a semester on a tourist visa and inland - convert to owp

cheers / lance

thank you for your reply :) I really appreaciate it!

kayposh

Jan 1, 2015
I would like to know how much one should set aside to successfully complete a Ph.d programme (Accounting) in Canada. An estimate would be just fine.

How easy is it to acquire PR while running a Ph.d program?

Would I be allowed to bring my family along?

Can my spouse work during the period?

neoagain

Oct 19, 2015
kayposh said:
I would like to know how much one should set aside to successfully complete a Ph.d programme (Accounting) in Canada. An estimate would be just fine.

How easy is it to acquire PR while running a Ph.d program?

Would I be allowed to bring my family along?

Can my spouse work during the period?
Hmm, interesting point Kayposh, even I'm curious to find out......

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
Fees - google up relevant universities offering it - every province has a difft fee strcutre
living - depends on which province you leave - - eg : Toronto - family of 2 = $1200 - if you squeeze in a basement - as compared to $900 in Saskatchewan -- approx
wife - gets OWP if file is presented well to VO
PHD are top priority - most provinces dont need job offer - to get PR - on completion you can file a PR

Ddk2015

Jan 21, 2016
Hello
Please anyone tell me about MHA in canada after bds india...
Like career ? Scope? Pay scale?
Thanks

Alisyed562

Feb 13, 2016
Hii I'm Ali I need to know that can I apply for Canadian student visa? ? I have gaps in my studies.I'm a engineer.30 years old am I eligible to apply for Canadian student visa please let me know
Thanks...

fagee

Jan 26, 2016
Hi to all,

need suggestions plz advise. i am looking for student visa option for Canada. i did applied for EE last month with 378 score but seems its gonna take ages.
1:i have done MBA from UK in 2012.
2:Ielts 7.5 R, 7.5 Listening, speaking 6.5, writing 6 bands in General category.
3:More than three years restaurant senior manager experience.
So guys Plz advise me with best options which i can take to be in Canada.