+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** VANCOUVER VISA OFFICE TIMELINES****

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I see lot of people have been asked to submit RCMP request after application submission. I wanted to have the check done in advance just to be on the safer side. Is there a specific format or we can just go to any accredited fingerprinting service and ask for the Criminality Check Record from RCMP.
You can just go and they will know! If you have a commisionaires around they can do it!

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Jan 23rd AOR. Got GU on July 13 and called IRCC to check about that. He told that all are passed just final decision pending. VO Vancouver and I live in Ontario. Still waiting
same here, on 19th July, agent told me everything is passed just wait for final decision. AOR November 2020.

Reactions: amairena95

88ovidos

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I called 2 days ago, the agent said my Eligibility is in Progress. Called today and agent said Eligibility is in Process.

anyone with the meaning of this?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I called 2 days ago, the agent said my Eligibility is in Progress. Called today and agent said Eligibility is in Process.

anyone with the meaning of this?
No point in calling so often. It means your eligibility started to be reviewed (officer is looking at your work experience, degrees, etc).
Give it a few weeks before calling again or order gcms notes

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
still waiting for a portal email. opened my email 10 minutes ago and there was an email from IRCC
CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC)
I chuckled and had the biggest smile on my face without even opening the email and sighed with relief thinking its about time, opened the email and the smile and the smile turned into the biggest frown. It was IRCC replying to my webform from a month ago with a generic response" your application is still in process" YEAH NO SHIT IRCC. Better use that energy to process applications faster than giving generic responses to people waiting anxiously.

88ovidos

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
No point in calling so often. It means your eligibility started to be reviewed (officer is looking at your work experience, degrees, etc).
Give it a few weeks before calling again or order gcms notes
I called because my work permit extension got approved and my spouse is not. I don’t call often. My note is due on Friday next week

Ars2590

Jun 23, 2021
And it went from Under Review - In progress - in process over the 1 month
What type of work permit did you apply? And why did it got rejected? Your wife's?

I am a single applicant but my spouse is inland on work permit. I have applied for an extension of work permit for both of us under new public policy.

88ovidos

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
What type of work permit did you apply? And why did it got rejected? Your wife's?

I am a single applicant but my spouse is inland on work permit. I have applied for an extension of work permit for both of us under new public policy.
Not rejected. It’s still not approved

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
still waiting for a portal email. opened my email 10 minutes ago and there was an email from IRCC
CE CSC Do Not Reply / Ne Pas Repondre CSC EC (IRCC)
I chuckled and had the biggest smile on my face without even opening the email and sighed with relief thinking its about time, opened the email and the smile and the smile turned into the biggest frown. It was IRCC replying to my webform from a month ago with a generic response" your application is still in process" YEAH NO SHIT IRCC. Better use that energy to process applications faster than giving generic responses to people waiting anxiously.
ouch:( haha. its like me whenever i get any emails nowadays -- and its just amazon or any other crappy email i may get. sigh

SterlingFive

Jun 15, 2021
I heard somewhere that Vancouver office is the one currently processing Open Work Permits under public policy and may be that is the reason it has put a hold on the PR files since January. Before that they were the fastest.

If what above mentioned is true then they will pick up the pace after 27th July which is the last date to apply for WP under public policy due to covid.
I had to go way back for this, but I'm assuming this is turning out to be true? We seem to have seen a lot of momentum/GU over the couple of days for applicants through the Vancouver VO. Have many people received their emails yet?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I had to go way back for this, but I'm assuming this is turning out to be true? We seem to have seen a lot of momentum/GU over the couple of days for applicants through the Vancouver VO. Have many people received their emails yet?
ugh that sucks but maybe? ive lost hopes for this week as we start a long weekend so id expect enough ppl to take friday off. its fine. hopefully the public policy ending and ppl back after monday's holiday we will see a bunch of approvals here. im from dec25 still waiting. my file hasnt been touched since apr 23 when rcmp request was sent (atleast they passed eligiblity that day)