01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Guys,

Do we need ECA for spouse to apply for university courses or academic transcripts in sealed envelope will serve the purpose?

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Subash said:
Guys,

Do we need ECA for spouse to apply for university courses or academic transcripts in sealed envelope will serve the purpose?
Most Universities or I should say all , do require University sealed envelop transcripts, So before you leave for Canada, have as many copies of your original transcripts in sealed envelop...
If ECA is already done, then fine or else you can start ECA procedure after your landing in Canada..

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Subash said:
Guys,

One more advise; apply in as many universities in Canada as you can, don't apply in just one university...It is not really easy to get admission in Universities, so it is better to apply in many universities at same time, it may cost you (application fee) but it is safer...

Mat14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hello Guys,

Please help me with this.

I'm landing next week hopefully. The thing that I got new baby here in Canada last two weeks.

My question, is it gonna be issue to land and I have baby not in the COPR dependents section or they understand she was born recently and they can add it to the COPR during the landing process..

Do you think I need to contact again the VO,, I'm assuming the baby is Canadian born and no process for her to be done,,, am I correct

Pls share with me what you know cus I'm gonna land next week,,

THanks

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Mat14 said:
Hello Guys,

Please help me with this.

I'm landing next week hopefully. The thing that I got new baby here in Canada last two weeks.

My question, is it gonna be issue to land and I have baby not in the COPR dependents section or they understand she was born recently and they can add it to the COPR during the landing process..

Do you think I need to contact again the VO,, I'm assuming the baby is Canadian born and no process for her to be done,,, am I correct

Pls share with me what you know cus I'm gonna land next week,,

THanks
I couldn't understand your question; If your baby is born in Canada and now in Canada, then he/she should be Canadian citizen by birth .... Baby shouldn't require COPR(Confirmation of permanent resident) since baby is Canadian citizen...

dsmalhan

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO --> WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Sep 2014
Nomination.....
PER 12 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2015
IELTS Request
24 Sep 2014 (sent with application)
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
9 May 2015
Med's Done....
16 May 2015
Interview........
TLU - 26 May 2015 ; DM - 31 July 2015
Passport Req..
4 August 2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 August 2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
Hi Guys, I want to settle in Vancouver due to its weather and proximity to US. However, everyone is telling me that it is far more expensive then Toronto and has lesser job opportunities. Do you concur with this? Is it advisable to land in Vancouver without having a job in hand?

Mat14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hello Bro,,

Thanks for your reply.

What I meant is that in the dependent section of my COPR as principle applicant all my dependents should be named there right even of they are not accompanying me. So I'm aware that my baby is Canadian and doesn't need COPR, however, I'm wondering if i need to inform there so the dependents in my COPR will be updated,,

I'm not really sure, just asking if that is an issue or not.

THanks

arman79 said:
I couldn't understand your question; If your baby is born in Canada and now in Canada, then he/she should be Canadian citizen by birth .... Baby shouldn't require COPR(Confirmation of permanent resident) since baby is Canadian citizen...

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
I am presuming you r residing in Canada now..In that case you can contact service center located nearby and update the information..they might help u in this regard.

Mat14 said:
Hello Bro,,

Thanks for your reply.

What I meant is that in the dependent section of my COPR as principle applicant all my dependents should be named there right even of they are not accompanying me. So I'm aware that my baby is Canadian and doesn't need COPR, however, I'm wondering if i need to inform there so the dependents in my COPR will be updated,,

I'm not really sure, just asking if that is an issue or not.

THanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsmalhan said:
Is it advisable to land in Vancouver without having a job in hand?
You land at the first entry to Canada. Visit Vancouver after you land if you want. Btw, there are other Canadian cities such as Windsor, ON and Osoyoos BC which are also very close to the US border.

seanr

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
21-10-2014 PER
IELTS Request
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
Wow Arman79, thanks for this information. You are right, when you say it is a new place and country. We have to be prepared and get scared of the bad experiences. Do you have kids? when you moved how did it go with the kids education especially when you did not know where will you find a job etc..? I am planning to land in October 2015.

Thanks

sri_eagles2

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask regarding landing. I'm suppose to land in Edmonton AB, also stated on COPR. But I'm planning to land in Burlington ON due to some reasons.
Could it be possible? I'm planning to land in 1st of December.

Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sri_eagles2 said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask regarding landing. I'm suppose to land in Edmonton AB, also stated on COPR. But I'm planning to land in Burlington ON due to some reasons.
Could it be possible? I'm planning to land in 1st of December.

Thanks!
Do you realize this is a thread for those intending to settle in Vancouver BC? If so, I suggest you create a new one.

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
seanr said:
Wow Arman79, thanks for this information. You are right, when you say it is a new place and country. We have to be prepared and get scared of the bad experiences. Do you have kids? when you moved how did it go with the kids education especially when you did not know where will you find a job etc..? I am planning to land in October 2015.

Thanks
No I don't have....My sister kids are studying in school and she is satisfied... She found it better in school where most students are white rather Asians .... I cant verify this info...that's her experience/assumption.

When you land, it is often tough to decide where to land and regarding job prospects.. but this is my belief that Once you land in anywhere u want to, try hard to find job and try to settle down in that state/city unless there is strong reason to relocate... Once you land in any state/city, you need to open your account, then apply for driving license, and renting house, admitting kids in school...so not easy to move to other city. If you move to other city, then again u will have to start from the beginning (driving license, kids education, renting house etc). But if you already have offered job in another state then it is worth to relocate.

Most of jobs require personal interviews, so they prefer someone to be in same state/city rather interviewing someone in another state and believe me you don't want to travel to another state just for interview (domestic flights aren't cheap)...

Anyways, my advise; try to settle down in city/state where you are landing, start your life, open bank account, apply for D/L, health Insurance (MSP in BC), admit your kids in school etc...and meantime apply for jobs all over, hopefully if God Willing...you will find jobs .....

Yes it is new place, new country...you need to be prepared, be optimistic and realistic....Its bad to say but I never wanted to speak or sit with someone who are pessimist or very much negative in life.... There is a struggle, there is hard work......but everyone who had patience and kept struggling and working hard finally succeed. Only matter of time, sometime it takes few year sometimes it is less...
Best of luck with your plan.

nanni_doc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
warsawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2014
Doc's Request.
13 May 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
14 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update - 28 May 2015, DM/FLU - 25 June 2015
Passport Req..
7th July 2015; passports submitted: 7July 2015; Passports received back: 16 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in November
Hey guys,

I am planning to land in Vancouver in less than two weeks, out of the many things troubling me, the proof of funds is the biggest worry. I am planning to carry some of it as cash and some of it as a bank statement from an Indian Bank's branch(the same account was used to provide pof during application filing). Can anybody guide me regarding this? Is an Indian bank's account statement a valid pof a the the time of landing?

I am also aware of Scotiabank, but I dont want to open an account there.

Kovurs

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
20-Feb-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
13-Mar-2015 (email from WVO)
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
20-Feb-2015 (NDVO to WVO)
Med's Request
13-May-2015
Med's Done....
28-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Nov 2015
Hello Team,

I am Siva from India, following are my questions seeking your guidance/inputs:

About me:
FSWP Dec 2014 applicant under 0911, currently waiting for PPR.

1. In general, how is the present job market in Vancouver wrt slump in oil prices?
2. Which sectors are in demand/ has good job prospects?

3. My experiences:
a) 1 year - center facilities officer in a community center
b) 3 years - scientific research assistant (cellulose material)
c) 3 years - head of start-up manufacturing unit
4) 1.5 years - procedure writer in an O&G industry

Based on the above, any suggestions on province in the order of preferences?

Thanks and awaiting your reply,
Siva.