Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Good to know that u have someone to find housing for u.

U can check the below mentioned thread for B4 & B4A form related queries
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44793.0.html

Subash said:
Great information.A friend of my spouse who is a Canadian citizen an inhabitant of north Vancouver has taken responsibility of finding one bedded apartment for us. Hope we will get that within reasonable price. One thing ,I have planned to make an excel sheet for the goods I am bringing with.
Is that okay? What does B4 and B4A form mean?

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
v_i_r_u_s said:
Thanks Arman79 for your valuable advice.

Could you provide a estimated monthly expenditure idea if I plan to settle around Burnaby/New Westminister.

I also heard about scam of craiglist, in that case what would be your suggestion to chose housing?
v_i_r_u_s said:
Thanks Arman79 for your valuable advice.

Could you provide a estimated monthly expenditure idea if I plan to settle around Burnaby/New Westminister.

I also heard about scam of craiglist, in that case what would be your suggestion to chose housing?
Burnaby and Westminister are bit expensive than Surrey and Langley. I would advise you to check houses around Surrey....But sometimes it depends on luck also...

Regarding monthly expenditure, It depends on mulitple factors, type of house (basement/condo/townhouse/detached house & size), depends on ur family size. There are certain expenditures that you cant avoid... If you buying car, each month you need to pay around $210 CAD for car insurancr (ICBC), and $72.00 CAD for BC service card (health insurance). You can qualify for health insurance fee exemptions (social assistance) only after 1 year of residence in BC.
As soon as land, open your bank account, create accound on CRA (canada revenue agenc) and also apply for universal child tax benefits (UCTB) ASAP, if u have kids under 18 years (for each child)....

Food is not as expenesive as there are no taxes on food items. Gas is most expensive in BC as compare to other parts/states of canada ($1.35 CAD per liter), There is no regulation on gas prices. Each pumping station has its own price. If suppose one pumping station is selling Gas (petrol) at $1.35, other petrol station across the street could see at $ 1.29 or so ...sometimes more or less... You can have costco membership (this is US retail supermarket and have gas stations) with annual fee $55 CAD, and at Costoc gas stations, u will definitly find cheaper gas price compare to other gas stations... (5/10 cents cheaper)...

For hydro(electricity and water), lets save $200-300 CAD each month....

For housing, if u r looking for 3 Bedroom townhouse in surrey...you can get it in $1400-1500 CAD per month...Vancouver downtown is very expensive and in this price you can hardly get condo (flat) with 1 bedroom. So as in Richmond, Burnaby, and westminister....

BC skytrain (metro) and buses are good to travel (taxis are way expensive). Skytrain monthly pass around $170 CAD or one trip around #2.50 CAD...

It was breif highlights of monthly expenditures...but as said earlier, it depends on your family size and your needs...

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Subash said:
Great information.A friend of my spouse who is a Canadian citizen an inhabitant of north Vancouver has taken responsibility of finding one bedded apartment for us. Hope we will get that within reasonable price. One thing ,I have planned to make an excel sheet for the goods I am bringing with.
Is that okay? What does B4 and B4A form mean?
Yes prepare an excel sheet for ur items you bringing it up and show it to customs along with form B4 and B4A...goods to follow. be specific ..for gold items, specify exact type of gold/size and price in CAD dollars (equivalent) and receipts...

one strong advise, apart from mobile and Laptop.........DO NOT bring any electronic items...they wont work and simply burst out due to voltage difference... plus it requires different socket panel and size...I brought my LED and I regret ...it is not working...

remember.....no taxes so bring anything u can and u want.....bring kitchen utencils (as much as u can; they are expensive in here), u can bring bedsheets, blankets, warm clothes are fine, but i bet you will have to buy from here acc to BC weather specification but still u can bring....

for BANK: TD bank, scotia bank , CIBC, and RBC are good options; I would prefer TD bank among all.

MOBILE connection; Rogers, virign mobile, fedo, mobilicity, etc.....mobilicity is cheapest among all but poor service.. rogers/virgin are expensive....esp data package...

for electronic items; u can buy from here, or you can wait till Dec 26,2015 (boxer day) where there is huge electronic items on sale when ppl buy most....depends on ur urgency... electronic items are expensive in here because of taxes (federal/GST/Environmental tax).... remember, any item price u find on stores in excluded tax (it means this is not final price)..

Let me know in case of more questions...

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
one more advise, for car insurance , there is one discount condition;

if u have previous car insurance in your home country/previous residence for last 3-4 yrs (im not sure exact no of years) bring all the previous car insurance papers/claims (if any) payment recepts (all original) with you....to prove your previous car insurance (with no gaps) for last as many years u have...this way you may qualify for monthly car insurance premium discount....

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arman79 said:
one strong advise, apart from mobile and Laptop.........DO NOT bring any electronic items...they wont work and simply burst out due to voltage difference... plus it requires different socket panel and size...I brought my LED and I regret ...it is not working...

for electronic items; u can buy from here, or you can wait till Dec 26,2015 (boxer day) where there is huge electronic items on sale when ppl buy most....depends on ur urgency... electronic items are expensive in here because of taxes (federal/GST/Environmental tax).... remember, any item price u find on stores in excluded tax (it means this is not final price)..
That's because you did not bring a voltage or step up converter. My slow cooker and hair clipper from China works perfectly well for me because I brought the voltage converter with me. Besides, it's called Boxing day instead of "Boxer day". Sometimes when you shop at Real Canadian superstore, you can even have tax free shopping. Federal tax is GST by the way.

arman79 said:
remember.....no taxes so bring anything u can and u want.....
Seriously some goods are not admissible to Canada. People should at least read the source for more information:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d2/d2-2-1-eng.html

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
steaky said:
That's because you did not bring a voltage or step up converter. My slow cooker and hair clipper from China works perfectly well for me because I brought the voltage converter with me. Besides, it's called Boxing day instead of "Boxer day". Sometimes when you shop at Real Canadian superstore, you can even have tax free shopping. Federal tax is GST by the way.

Seriously some goods are not admissible to Canada. People should at least read the source for more information:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d2/d2-2-1-eng.html
for any sane person, it is obvious to know and understand that any good items doesnt mean to bring prohibited/restricted items (food etc)... regarding voltage convertor, u can continue using it....hair clipper typically ve 100-120 voltage which is fine; I am using the same I brought from dubai....
rest , dont feel like to comment & put more efforts on ur reply... Gud Luck...

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Do we need to declare jewellery which is brought to Canada by wearing? Like ring and necklace...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Subash said:
Do we need to declare jewellery which is brought to Canada by wearing? Like ring and necklace...
Better to declare and put the value (with valuation report) in the B4 form.

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Thanks a ton for detail explanation :)

Will buzz u regarding some other stuffs later..

arman79 said:
Burnaby and Westminister are bit expensive than Surrey and Langley. I would advise you to check houses around Surrey....But sometimes it depends on luck also...

Regarding monthly expenditure, It depends on mulitple factors, type of house (basement/condo/townhouse/detached house & size), depends on ur family size. There are certain expenditures that you cant avoid... If you buying car, each month you need to pay around $210 CAD for car insurancr (ICBC), and $72.00 CAD for BC service card (health insurance). You can qualify for health insurance fee exemptions (social assistance) only after 1 year of residence in BC.
As soon as land, open your bank account, create accound on CRA (canada revenue agenc) and also apply for universal child tax benefits (UCTB) ASAP, if u have kids under 18 years (for each child)....

Food is not as expenesive as there are no taxes on food items. Gas is most expensive in BC as compare to other parts/states of canada ($1.35 CAD per liter), There is no regulation on gas prices. Each pumping station has its own price. If suppose one pumping station is selling Gas (petrol) at $1.35, other petrol station across the street could see at $ 1.29 or so ...sometimes more or less... You can have costco membership (this is US retail supermarket and have gas stations) with annual fee $55 CAD, and at Costoc gas stations, u will definitly find cheaper gas price compare to other gas stations... (5/10 cents cheaper)...

For hydro(electricity and water), lets save $200-300 CAD each month....

For housing, if u r looking for 3 Bedroom townhouse in surrey...you can get it in $1400-1500 CAD per month...Vancouver downtown is very expensive and in this price you can hardly get condo (flat) with 1 bedroom. So as in Richmond, Burnaby, and westminister....

BC skytrain (metro) and buses are good to travel (taxis are way expensive). Skytrain monthly pass around $170 CAD or one trip around #2.50 CAD...

It was breif highlights of monthly expenditures...but as said earlier, it depends on your family size and your needs...

happy-go-lucky

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO (transferred to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
ECAS 2nd line update: Started processing: 10-04-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
PCC/RPRF Reciept/ Updated POF sent on 29 May 2015. Received on 1 June, 2015. Third line update in ECAS on 2nd June, 2015
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
Hello everyone,

I am planning to land in Vancouver along with my husband. While my husband will continue to work there, I would return after 10 days.

Once he settles there, I would join him back :D

I am very keen on doing a one year course in Vancouver maybe in HR field. Any thoughts on the same?

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Its really pretty good to see this thread. Thumbs up for v_i_r_u_s Bhai for your excellent initiative.

I am also planning to move Canada (Vancouver) by next December and I have many actually huge question bank regarding this. I hope the seniors/experts advise will certainly help me to remove those stresses.

Will begin to question the forum from this afternoon.

Wish me good luck...take care.

SHSajib

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Thanks for the inspiration SHSajib Brother :)

SHSajib said:
Its really pretty good to see this thread. Thumbs up for v_i_r_u_s Bhai for your excellent initiative.

I am also planning to move Canada (Vancouver) by next December and I have many actually huge question bank regarding this. I hope the seniors/experts advise will certainly help me to remove those stresses.

Will begin to question the forum from this afternoon.

Wish me good luck...take care.

SHSajib

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Hi Seniors/Experts

As I informed in my previous post, I am planning to move Canada (Vancouver) in December In Shaa Allah with my spouse and child (1). I am going to up some questions (as a series) in different times to the forum members and I believe the replies from the experts will certainly help me and those who will go to Canada specially Vancouver in future:

Q1. With all certificates and original documents, what documents (except COPR) will require by the Immigration after landing. Will there require any photo of specific specification?
Q2. How much money (CAD) I can take to Canada? (including my child we are 3 will land to Canada In Shaa Allah). Is there any documents will be required if I want to take money more than CAD 10,000. Is there any other issue relating to the local airport/immigration? (Dhaka)
Q3. I have no relative or friends in Canada, how can I get a house there as I came to know from some senior's landing experience that, an address will to be provided to the immigration after landing.
Q4. Based on the experience, what type of things will be wise to carry....as we exactly don't know what is costly there and what are cheap?
Q5. In my COPR the location is mentioned as Vancouver....Can I stay in other region of BC like Barnaby/Richmond etc.

That's all for now. Will up more questions soon. Have a good day...eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Thanking you
SHSajib

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SHSajib said:
Hi Seniors/Experts

As I informed in my previous post, I am planning to move Canada (Vancouver) in December In Shaa Allah with my spouse and child (1). I am going to up some questions (as a series) in different times to the forum members and I believe the replies from the experts will certainly help me and those who will go to Canada specially Vancouver in future:

Q1. With all certificates and original documents, what documents (except COPR) will require by the Immigration after landing. Will there require any photo of specific specification?
Q2. How much money (CAD) I can take to Canada? (including my child we are 3 will land to Canada In Shaa Allah). Is there any documents will be required if I want to take money more than CAD 10,000. Is there any other issue relating to the local airport/immigration? (Dhaka)
Q3. I have no relative or friends in Canada, how can I get a house there as I came to know from some senior's landing experience that, an address will to be provided to the immigration after landing.
Q4. Based on the experience, what type of things will be wise to carry....as we exactly don't know what is costly there and what are cheap?
Q5. In my COPR the location is mentioned as Vancouver....Can I stay in other region of BC like Barnaby/Richmond etc.

That's all for now. Will up more questions soon. Have a good day...eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Thanking you
SHSajib
1) No photo would be required by Immigration. You would need your passport;
2) Not sure about the monetary restrictions in Bangladesh. Perhaps other Bangladeshi posters (such as Rossel) would know;
3) You can start your house hunting through these websites: craiglist, rentbc.com, kiiji.com, etc., however, please proceed using caution. One safer way is to book a cheap hotel first, check the neighborhood and go to the rental property before making any decision. You probably would have to pay security deposit before any landlord would rent the place to you;
4) Medicines (expensive). You would also need to carry a traveller's insurance for emergencies because newcomers have a 3 months wait for BC MSP coverage;
5) Once you became PR, you can live anywhere in BC.

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Thanks Steaky for your valuable response.

Is there anyone from Bangladesh can tell me about the monetary regulations during departure to Canada?

Regards
SHSajib