+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
awaiting reply from following forum members to check if they have received similar emails.

subzero_2
chin24
IN888658S
Subzero_2 is my friend. He's at work so can't post. He authorized me to write on his behalf: he also got an email from CIC saying that his oath got cancelled because of unforeseen issue.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
Subzero_2 is my friend. He's at work so can't post. He authorized me to write on his behalf: he also got an email from CIC saying that his oath got cancelled because of unforeseen issue.
I hope they will get their oath rescheduled soon.

Jul 22, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
@ rareaquaticbadger
@ lilbabu

Did you receive oath invite by mail?

I think these are cancelled because of "Saturdays" (just a guess)

Hopefully, it would be rescheduled soon.

@ chin
@ subzero_2
@ Theertha
@ IN888658S

Please confirm if you have received similar emails as your oath also falls on "Saturdays"
Yup, I received the oath date by mail too, and I think I received the cancellation email was around the same time as lillbabu's. No rescheduled date as yet.

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Thanks trvpm

How many people attended oath ceremony (rough idea)? Did your oath invite state about bringing friends/family?

Did the same officer who took your test did the document verification?

What following scenario happened to you:

1. People went to the cic office. Someone from cic office collected all the oath invites from the people and then everyone was called one by one for document verification.

2. CIC had list of people who were supposed to attend oath that day and called them one by one and checked the oath invite and other documents?

3. People were randomly called for document verification those were in the line up without calling their name?
I think option 3.
It's like going to a bank to deposit a check :), by standing in a line and going to which ever rep/teller is free. Its a random Cic official.

You can stand in line anytime you wish. Like I mentioned before, it doesn't matter if you stand in line, first or last. You probably won't be sitting next to the 'pretty' girl even if she is right in-front of you in the queue for doc verification ;D

They will explain things to you pretty clearly from when you can start line-ups to where to sit, when to get the Certificate etc. It is very simple and straight forward, ppl are in an relaxed mood, unlike the test date, so things are easy to follow.

You can bring family/friends, I think the invitation mentions this. They are seated separately (to one side or to the back and yes you can go talk to them when ever you want except during the ceremony), and are seated while you wait for the doc verification. All of them were clicking pics for the most.

I think 50-60 ppl, this might be dependant on the day/time.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
I am really frustrated; why did they cancel the oath? it doesn't make sense. Don't they have a system? Any comments on this?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I am sorry to know about the oaths those were scheduled for 8th August and 15th August (Saturdays) were cancelled due to some reason.
I know it is hard to wait but all we can do is to patiently wait and stay in high spirits and with positive attitude.

The cic's oath website has also not been updated for new dates. Usually, it updates on Tuesdays.

For those the oath has been cancelled, I wish and hope that they get their oath rescheduled as quickly as possible.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SubZero_2 said:
I am really frustrated; why did they cancel the oath? it doesn't make sense. Don't they have a system? Any comments on this?
I can understand your frustration. :( I am also sad to know that happened with few of the forum members.
I hope you and the others who have got their oath cancelled get rescheduled invite soon.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I am sorry to know about the oaths those were scheduled for 8th August and 15th August (Saturdays) were cancelled due to some reason.
I know it is hard to wait but all we can do is to patiently wait and stay in high spirits and with positive attitude.

The cic's oath website has also not been updated for new dates. Usually, it updates on Tuesdays.

For those the oath has been cancelled, I wish and hope that they get their oath rescheduled as quickly as possible.
I checked this morning around 11am. The CIC website did get updated with new oath schedules for Vancouver office. I took note: 3 on July 24, 3 on July 28, one on July 30, 3 on Aug 4, 3 on Aug 7, one on Aug 8, two on Aug 11, and one on Aug 15. This is really true. I didn't make it up. I checked again this afternoon. The schedules are reversed back to the week before, from July 16 to Aug 7, with less numbers of ceremonies. Something must have happened this afternoon.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
I checked this morning around 11am. The CIC website did get updated with new oath schedules for Vancouver office. I took note: 3 on July 24, 3 on July 28, one on July 30, 3 on Aug 4, 3 on Aug 7, one on Aug 8, two on Aug 11, and one on Aug 15. This is really true. I didn't make it up. I checked again this afternoon. The schedules are reversed back to the week before, from July 16 to Aug 7, with less numbers of ceremonies. Something must have happened this afternoon.
Thanks for bringing this into our notice.
I am really sad about the people who got their oath cancelled :( . Sometimes the things are beyond of our control.

This forum feels like a family to me and when such things happen with someone in this forum, it makes me feel sad :(

I wish everyone gets his/her oath invite soon. Cheers!!

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Dates are again up. Their are ceremonies scheduled for Saturday-8th, 15th & 22nd August, all at 1.30 pm.
SubZero & others, were your oath times different from 1.30 pm?

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
yukon said:
Dates are again up. Their are ceremonies scheduled for Saturday-8th, 15th & 22nd August, all at 1.30 pm.
SubZero & others, were your oath times different from 1.30 pm?
It was at 10 am. Hope it was just a time change. I know Lululemon Seawheeze starts at 7am, most of the major roads in dt will be blocked off for the event. It makes sense to switch to the afternoon. I signed up for the run too, it would be awesome if I can complete first half marathon and get my citizenship on the same day! I am still hopeful that it's just a time change.

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
lilbabu said:
It was at 10 am. Hope it was just a time change. I know Lululemon Seawheeze starts at 7am, most of the major roads in dt will be blocked off for the event. It makes sense to switch to the afternoon. I signed up for the run too, it would be awesome if I can complete first half marathon and get my citizenship on the same day! I am still hopeful that it's just a time change.
Just for the record, Pacific Blvd will be closed from 6am - 11:30am on Aug 15.

http://www.seawheeze.com/run/road-closures#false_creek