+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ Deepak K
@ trvpm

Did your oath invite state oath for 8 am or 8:30 am?

How was the oath procedure? What documents were checked? Could you please briefly share your experience?

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
thecoolguysam said:
@ Deepak K
@ trvpm

How was the oath procedure? What documents were checked? Could you please briefly share your experience?
Time was 8 AM, lot of people standing outside at street as they open the office at 8 only :)

document they asked for
1) Oath Invite , with signed on the papers
2) PR card and Landing paper / COPR
3) 2 ID proof

process was smooth everyone has to go to counter to meet office with document. They will match all the names and details
I did have my other original documents with me as that was mention in Oath invite but they didn't ask for them.

after that went to another ceremony room (same as test room) and followed by Oath and certificate distribution

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Deepak K said:
Time was 8 AM, lot of people standing outside at street as they open the office at 8 only :)

document they asked for
1) Oath Invite , with signed on the papers
2) PR card and Landing paper / COPR
3) 2 ID proof

process was smooth everyone has to go to counter to meet office with document. They will match all the names and details
I did have my other original documents with me as that was mention in Oath invite but they didn't ask for them.

after that went to another ceremony room (same as test room) and followed by Oath and certificate distribution
Great!

Usually people get some forms with the oath invite (as mentioned in the posts in this forum by some people who got oath invite) Did you sign the forms that came with the oath invite at the time of ceremony or you did it before going to oath?

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
@ Deepak K
@ trvpm

I got there early but the doors open only at 8:00, but better early.

You have to sign at a couple places in the Oath invitation. In the green paper, there is a field for 'file no', don't worry about it. The rest is self explanatory.

You are seated inside (after 8:00), then you line up to go to the window(same place I had the interview) for document check and seat allocation.

They ask for the invitation letter and PR card. I had the IMM5292, they did NOT take that. You need to keep it safe for getting pension, I think. You sign another paper which I believe is about you appearing for the Oath. They keep the PR card. You need to show an ID with signature, like DL.

You are assigned a seat number, given a booklet with info and off you go to your seat in the other room (where u wrote the exam).
Seats are pre-assigned so it doesn't matter if you go to the window first or the last.

After everyone makes it, the ceremony starts. Pretty straight forward from there.
In a nutshell, you take the Oath, get the Certificate from the judge, sing the National Anthem, take pics with the Judge and you are done.
I think we were out by 9:45 ish.

You can bring family, friends, they are seated while you wait ur turn at the Window.

It was sweet and short, in the end you leave with a big smile on ur face ;), a certificate to prove you are a Canadian and a nice feeling. I appreciated the fact that they understand that most of us are working and get things done fast, but without rushing, probably the most efficient part of the whole process :).

Hope that helps.

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
thecoolguysam said:
Great!

Usually people get some forms with the oath invite (as read in this posts by some people who got oath invite) Did you sign the forms that came with the oath invite at the time of ceremony or you did it before going to oath?
Yes I mean those forms only , I signed it at home one night before the day. you can sign anytime those forms before going to meet officer.

The officer announce to sign those paper once everyone was in the room. so you will have enough time for it.

There is not condition that those paper need to sign in front of officer :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
trvpm said:
I got there early but the doors open only at 8:00, but better early.

You have to sign at a couple places in the Oath invitation. In the green paper, there is a field for 'file no', don't worry about it. The rest is self explanatory.

You are seated inside (after 8:00), then you line up to go to the window(same place I had the interview) for document check and seat allocation.

They ask for the invitation letter and PR card. I had the IMM5292, they did NOT take that. You need to keep it safe for getting pension, I think. You sign another paper which I believe is about you appearing for the Oath. They keep the PR card. You need to show an ID with signature, like DL.

You are assigned a seat number, given a booklet with info and off you go to your seat in the other room (where u wrote the exam).
Seats are pre-assigned so it doesn't matter if you go to the window first or the last.

After everyone makes it, the ceremony starts. Pretty straight forward from there.
In a nutshell, you take the Oath, get the Certificate from the judge, sing the National Anthem, take pics with the Judge and you are done.
I think we were out by 9:45 ish.

You can bring family, friends, they are seated while you wait ur turn at the Window.

It was sweet and short, in the end you leave with a big smile on ur face ;), a certificate to prove you are a Canadian and a nice feeling. I appreciated the fact that they understand that most of us are working and get things done fast, but without rushing, probably the most efficient part of the whole process :).

Hope that helps.
Awesome!

Are the people called one by one by different cic officers for document verification or there is a lineup where only one officer verifies the documents?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Deepak K said:
Yes I mean those forms only , I signed it at home one night before the day. you can sign anytime those forms before going to meet officer.

The officer announce to sign those paper once everyone was in the room. so you will have enough time for it.

There is not condition that those paper need to sign in front of officer :)
Thank you ;)

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Great!

Usually people get some forms with the oath invite (as mentioned in the posts in this forum by some people who got oath invite) Did you sign the forms that came with the oath invite at the time of ceremony or you did it before going to oath?
On e-mail I received 2 attachments; Invite & Prohibitions form.
In the e-mail text they wrote:

Please print, fill out and bring the following:

1. Notice to Appear

2. Media Release Form (contained within the Invite)

3. Prohibitions Form

That's about it. So the media release & prohibitions forms need to be signed & dated before arriving at the ceremony.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yukon said:
On e-mail I received 2 attachments; Invite & Prohibitions form.
In the e-mail text they wrote:

Please print, fill out and bring the following:

1. Notice to Appear

2. Media Release Form (contained within the Invite)

3. Prohibitions Form

That's about it. So the media release & prohibitions forms need to be signed & dated before arriving at the ceremony.
Thanks yukon.