+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ Deepak K

Are the people called one by one by different cic officers for document verification during oath or there is a lineup where only one officer verifies the documents?

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
@ Deepak K

Are the people called one by one by different cic officers for document verification during oath or there is a lineup where only one officer verifies the documents?
Just like interview, multiple CIC officers for doc verification.
There is still the lineup, as you are serviced via the queue.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Deepak and trvpm for answering questions. I now have a better idea what to expect.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Thanks trvpm

How many people attended oath ceremony (rough idea)? Did your oath invite state about bringing friends/family?

Did the same officer who took your test did the document verification?

What following scenario happened to you:

1. People went to the cic office. Someone from cic office collected all the oath invites from the people and then everyone was called one by one for document verification.

2. CIC had list of people who were supposed to attend oath that day and called them one by one and checked the oath invite and other documents?

3. People were randomly called for document verification those were in the line up without calling their name?

RENANMATAYA

Feb 3, 2015
Pretty sad, our 2 friends who took there test on April and May 2015, had there Oath already. Took my test on March 2015, ecas is still decision made.( no info of oath or anything)

Jul 22, 2015
Hi there,

I've been lurking here for a while to guesstimate when my oath date will be. Finally got confirmation last week, with a 10am ceremony on August 8th. Then today I got an email from CIC saying that it's been canceled. I noticed on the spreadsheet that a few others have the same date, and was wondering if they've similarly been contacted, or if it was just me?

My timeline is:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 28, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2014.
We started processing your application on December 23, 2014.
We sent you a notice on March 18, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 8, 2015 at 1:01 PM.

Congrats to everyone who've got their oath dates already scheduled!

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
rareaquaticbadger said:
Hi there,

I've been lurking here for a while to guesstimate when my oath date will be. Finally got confirmation last week, with a 10am ceremony on August 8th. Then today I got an email from CIC saying that it's been canceled. I noticed on the spreadsheet that a few others have the same date, and was wondering if they've similarly been contacted, or if it was just me?

My timeline is:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 28, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 17, 2014.
We started processing your application on December 23, 2014.
We sent you a notice on March 18, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 8, 2015 at 1:01 PM.

Congrats to everyone who've got their oath dates already scheduled!

I got an email today saying August 15 Oath is cancelled as well. I think they must have messed up on the dates.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilbabu said:
I got an email today saying August 15 Oath is cancelled as well. I think they must have messed up on the dates.
August 8th & 15th are both Saturdays.
It's very rare for CIC to have ceremonies on weekends.
They did mess up on the dates !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ rareaquaticbadger
@ lilbabu

Did you receive oath invite by mail?

I think these are cancelled because of "Saturdays" (just a guess)

Hopefully, it would be rescheduled soon.

@ chin
@ subzero_2
@ Theertha
@ IN888658S

Please confirm if you have received similar emails as your oath also falls on "Saturdays"

Theertha

Jul 16, 2015
I just received an email saying Aug 8th 2015 (Saturday ) at 10 am Oath ceremony has been cancelled due to Unforeseen Circumstances.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yukon said:
August 8th & 15th are both Saturdays.
It's very rare for CIC to have ceremonies on weekends.
They did mess up on the dates !
I have done a search in this forum and few people have got test/oath invites during weekends.

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
thecoolguysam said:
@ rareaquaticbadger
@ lilbabu

Did you receive oath invite by mail?

I think these are cancelled because of "Saturdays" (just a guess)

Hopefully, it would be rescheduled soon.
Yeah, I got the invite by mail. But the cancellation was emailed 20 minutes ago. It says they will reschedule me in the near future but didn't really confirm a date yet.

On the flip side, I can run my half marathon without any pressure now. I was originally thinking to run it and then go to the oath...