Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I think Steaky loves the liberal party, he doesn't like what NDP does.

jammin24

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Yes, but you can take cash out. And better yet, you keep the title of the property and can continue to live in the property.

Edit: whereas if it was sold (the author of the article suggested selling is the option to cash out) you cannot keep the title and subject to the mercy of the new landlord whether or not you can continue to live in the property. You might have to downsize or move to the suburbs and take long travel times to connect with your former networks such as friends and families.
I think we differ in our definition of "cashing out." I, and presumably Gordon, don't see ending up with an even bigger mortgage, as cashing out. It's not yours... you ultimately have to pay it back. Whereas if you sold your home or stocks or poodle or whatever, the cash is yours.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In 2.1, the author also mentioned "Canadians in other cities are not forced to raise their bids beyond what they can realistically afford with normal interest rates". This was somewhat BS. A Canadian friend of mine lost his bid in the Calgary housing market in 2014 and was forced to raise his bids. It was the economic downturn in the following year that helped made housing affordable.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we differ in our definition of "cashing out." I, and presumably Gordon, don't see ending up with an even bigger mortgage, as cashing out. It's not yours... you ultimately have to pay it back. Whereas if you sold your home or stocks or poodle or whatever, the cash is yours.
Who is Gordon? The author or the other poster? If you sold your home, you will likely have to move somewhere else. Whereas, if you heloc or reverse mortgage, you can keep living there. Have you heard using other people money to invest? The profit (cash) is yours, not the lender's.

Last edited:

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So you would rather have the triple delete BC liberal?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It is not just the BCNDP that is blocking that Kinder Morgan whatever, First Nations, City of Burnaby and City of Vancouver as well.
Let's just wait and see how Federal gov't and court handle and resolve it.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I said before, they should restudy the empty home tax and speculation tax, that should only target foreign individuals and companies, Canadians and PRs living or working in Canada should be exempt.
Isn't Ontario already have the non-resident speculation tax?