+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
Yeah, but think about others as well and don't be selfish. Others are there to celebrate this day, not to hear your baby crying.

Sorry you had a bad experience though.
I think you don't have a baby, so I don't expect that you can get the situation. Sorry to hear about these comment.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitsilano said:
I think you don't have a baby, so I don't expect that you can get the situation. Sorry to hear about these comment.
Sorry, but I think you don't understand the situation. It is like taking your baby to theater where people are trying to enjoy watching a movie and your baby starts crying there. You expect everyone else's movie experience to get ruined because you decided to bring your baby there? Come on, it is common sense.....

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tottaly agree, I would never take my baby to such an important event as this. If anything it shows lack of respect for others, it's really not hard or expensive to find a babysitter or an arrangement....

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Anybody has an experience or ever seen people taking a 3 years old to the oath ceremony?
Would the toddler get a seat if not an applicant? If not, is sitting on mother's lap allowed?
Well, 3 years old won't cry or make noise though. But will definitely give problem if not seated with parents (in guess area).

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a 3 year old, but I would not be taking her for sure, kids can snap for any reason, and it's not worth the risk....

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
basharar said:
I have a 3 year old, but I would not be taking her for sure, kids can snap for any reason, and it's not worth the risk....
True true true. Especially if the toddler is not an applicant.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Kitsilano said:
One does not have to have a baby to know they do not belong to certain places. Oath taking is one of them, fine dining, movie theaters, concerts, the others. I would get mad too having my ceremony disturbed by screaming kids.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just remembered my daughter was 3 and a half, she started screaming in the church while my cousin was getting married, I had to take her out and missed the rest of the cermoney!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I just wrote my exam this morning at Vancouver office. The test was super easy. My interview was so short as well. However, some people's interview took for ever to finish and I had to wait till their interview was over. Even though I finished and handed in my test earlier than most of other people, I was called for the interview among the last 20-30 people.

The officer only asked about my current job, my trips, and my passport and IDs. He cross referenced my Entry / Exit stamps with my calculation sheet and told me he doesn't see any issue with my file and I should receive Oath letter within 3-5 months.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I'm very sorry for cross posting. But I'm getting worried about one thing. I landed in Oct, 2012 (was a student before that). On my landing day, I went through the Canada/US boarder and came back right away. There's a Canadian stamp showing the date of landing on my passport, but no US stamp. I realized I didn't report this single-day entry on my calculation sheet. Will this be a problem?
I am calculating my days out of the country and I am have made a lot of overnight trips on Saturdays and return n Sunday. Am I correct in assuming that these short trips do not need to be included on the calculation of days out of the country?

Thanks

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
nope. you are very wrong in assuming that.

member012 said:
I am calculating my days out of the country and I am have made a lot of overnight trips on Saturdays and return n Sunday. Am I correct in assuming that these short trips do not need to be included on the calculation of days out of the country?

Thanks

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my, I am glad I did not trust my interpretation of the rules. So, using would the Saturday to Sunday over night weekend trip be a 1 day trip on my calculation sheet?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
if you leave on saturday and return on the next day (sunday), then it is a 1-day trip, even though the duration of this 1-day trip may be less than 24 hours.

member012 said:
Oh my, I am glad I did not trust my interpretation of the rules. So, using would the Saturday to Sunday over night weekend trip be a 1 day trip on my calculation sheet?