+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
curious78 said:
Finally, we took the oath today. It was quite moving.
The judge shared a very touching story about her own journey from a war torn region to Canada.

Her point was that what Canada gives us all is truly a gift of new and free life and in-turn hopes that we all live up to is values of Respect, Honor, Kindness and Social Responsibility.

Good Luck everyone. Hope you all receive your invites soon.
Like many have already noted, this forum has united us into a family although we don't know each other's face.

Will come back to the forum to see you all become Canadians soon.

BR
congratulations!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grape70 said:
The ceremony itself took less than an hour. As curious78 said, The judge briefly shared her story and talked about what it means to be Canadian. Then, we took the oath, received the citizenship certificate, and sang O Canada for the first time as a Canadian.
I brought oath letter, landing paper, PR card, and old passports but they didn't check my passports.
Thanks a lot!!

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Congrats to all recent citizens! I don't know which office I will end up at as I'm in the Fraser Valley (Surrey or Vancouver). It's awesome to read your stories! My good friend took her oath two years ago in Surrey, and invited me and my spouse to come and see it. I have some idea as a result, but things seem to be changing all of the time.

Bakaboy

Mar 27, 2013
In my case there was a discrepancy in my name. I requested for a name change due to a missing letter, but it wasn't fixed so my certificate still had my old name. They requested my passport to verify the full name and they got my application to check if I requested the name change. After verifying that all was in order, they printed a NEW certificate right on the spot! Nice. ;D

grape70 said:
I brought oath letter, landing paper, PR card, and old passports but they didn't check my passports.

rockyg

Apr 10, 2015
Hello Everyone,

can anyone tell me what happens after the file is transferred to Vancouver office?
what is the process before sending a test invite?

thanks

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
Thanks! You should expect your oath invite in your mail box any day as well.
Hope so. My passport is expiring on Monday and I rather not renew it if the Oath letter is coming anytime soon...ugh.

wannabe_ca

Jan 4, 2015
Congrats to all new citizens! I can tell you this is a monumental achievement :)

I passed the test, but on the test interview the officer gave me
"Notice to Applicant - Request for Documentary evidence of your residence in Canada"

Is that the same as "Residence Questionnaire" ?
Perhaps not, since I got my on the test date and the RQ seems to be sent before the test.

I already waited more than 1 year, and I am afraid I will have to wait 1 more... :(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
wannabe_ca said:
Congrats to all new citizens! I can tell you this is a monumental achievement :)

I passed the test, but on the test interview the officer gave me
"Notice to Applicant - Request for Documentary evidence of your residence in Canada"

Is that the same as "Residence Questionnaire" ?
Perhaps not, since I got my on the test date and the RQ seems to be sent before the test.

I already waited more than 1 year, and I am afraid I will have to wait 1 more... :(
Congratulations on passing the test.

Does the form state CIT0171 OR CIT0520?