Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I just received mail for test on April 30 :).

I have stupid questions... The "original" documents that supports my citizenship application is things transcripts from the university, application forms are not needed, right? What happens if I used took a copy from a copy? I used the PR application copy to produce a copy for transcript. So I don't have "original" and if I order, or print one, then it shows a different printing date.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My eCas was just updated this morning. Oath on April 28th. I have not received the letter yet though. As you can see in my signature, for me it took 8 months from the date I sent my application to get my oath. It definitely seems like Vancouver office is speeding up the processing time.

Good luck everyone!

wert

Mar 18, 2010
OP_POP said:
My eCas was just updated this morning. Oath on April 28th. I have not received the letter yet though. As you can see in my signature, for me it took 8 months from my the date I sent my application to get my oath. It definitely seems like Vancouver office is speeding up the processing time.

Good luck everyone!
After reading your post I checked mine and it's also scheduled for the 28th. Finally! Just under 11 months processing from start to finish.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wert said:
After reading your post I checked mine and it's also scheduled for the 28th. Finally! Just under 11 months processing from start to finish.
Nice!!! Congrats!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
OP_POP said:
My eCas was just updated this morning. Oath on April 28th. I have not received the letter yet though. As you can see in my signature, for me it took 8 months from my the date I sent my application to get my oath. It definitely seems like Vancouver office is speeding up the processing time.

Good luck everyone!
congratulations!!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
My eCas was just updated this morning. Oath on April 28th. I have not received the letter yet though. As you can see in my signature, for me it took 8 months from the date I sent my application to get my oath. It definitely seems like Vancouver office is speeding up the processing time.

Good luck everyone!
I just received the invitation in mail as well.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Excellent -- exactly one week after mine. Congrats!
Exactly, it was a great surprise when I saw the update on eCas this morning. Yours is even earlier, in a couple of days, you will be all done.

rockyg

Apr 10, 2015
Hello Everyone,

can anyone tell me what happens after the file is transferred to Vancouver office?
what is the process before sending a test invite?

thanks

curious78

Apr 29, 2014
Finally, we took the oath today. It was quite moving.
The judge shared a very touching story about her own journey from a war torn region to Canada.

Her point was that what Canada gives us all is truly a gift of new and free life and in-turn hopes that we all live up to is values of Respect, Honor, Kindness and Social Responsibility.

Good Luck everyone. Hope you all receive your invites soon.
Like many have already noted, this forum has united us into a family although we don't know each other's face.

Will come back to the forum to see you all become Canadians soon.

BR

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As of today, I officially became a Canadian citizen.
Wish all the best and hope everyone gets the oath date soon ;)

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats guys.

I would appreciate if you guys can share your experience at the ceremony. Like what documents did they ask from you guys, what did you guys do, how long did the ceremony take, etc?

Thanks!

grape70

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
Congrats guys.

I would appreciate if you guys can share your experience at the ceremony. Like what documents did they ask from you guys, what did you guys do, how long did the ceremony take, etc?

Thanks!
The ceremony itself took less than an hour. As curious78 said, The judge briefly shared her story and talked about what it means to be Canadian. Then, we took the oath, received the citizenship certificate, and sang O Canada for the first time as a Canadian.
I brought oath letter, landing paper, PR card, and old passports but they didn't check my passports.