Vancouver Applicants

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalton said:
Congratulations!

I did my test with you but no word yet.

I applied about a week or two before you in April 2014.

Hopefully soon for me!
Keep checking your eCas, if your case is a straight forward one, you should be hopefully receiving yours in a week or two also.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Today's ceremony at Expo was emotionally charged, albeit surprisingly rushed, as if they couldn't wait to get us out of the door. There were two seniors in the front row, who did not speak English and during the oath recital, the rather fastidious clerks were making hand signals to push the seniors to move their mouths, or else... Well, you know..

Anyways, i would like to thank this forum for its existence; the following members in particular: eileenf for some applicationtips from last July, u4g5 for continuously checking up on us :), and the rest of you i've interacted with directly. All the best!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
Today's ceremony at Expo was emotionally charged, albeit surprisingly rushed, as if they couldn't wait to get us out of the door. There were two seniors in the front row, who did not speak English and during the oath recital, the rather fastidious clerks were making hand signals to push the seniors to move their mouths, or else... Well, you know..

Anyways, i would like to thank this forum for its existence; the following members in particular: eileenf for some applicationtips from last July, u4g5 for continuously checking up on us :), and the rest of you i've interacted with directly. All the best!
Congrats!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Dalton,

Very soon you will also get it than, after all your excitement will over soon. Because now we are living on a hope to get citizenship, once you will get it than what?! Start again minimum wage jobs ha ha ha ha

O....Canada....

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Empirical-Scientist said:

congratulations!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Did anyone come across with Vancouver citizenship office who either got the oath invite letter the same day or got the oath done the same day? If yes, please let me know. I hope other people would like to know that too.

adygeorge

Apr 8, 2015
Hey everyone, just got my ecas status updated to in process:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2015.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 27, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 24, 2015.

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
From checking the forum and spreadsheet it seems the Vancouver office is doing a good job most of Van City December 2014 applicants had the test or schedule to have in the coming days, while Surrey office applicants have yet to hear from the local office

Any idea why the surrey office is fair slow compared with Vancouver ?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just took the Oath, the ceremony took around an hour and 30 minutes. It was great to meet a lot of new citizens there. When we got there, we first met with the officers to hand in our PR cards and get our seat numbers. We then were guided to the other room where we sat and waited for the judge to join us. We all repeated the oath with the judge. We then got our citizenship certificate and sang the national anthem. At the end, they told us we can apply for passport after 3 days, that was about it. I left right away as I didn't want to get stuck in rush hour. I should admit something though, as I have been living in Canada for 15+ years (since I was 17 when I came here as student), I didn't feel as excited as most of other people there (i.e. staying extra to talk to the judge, or taking pictures, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I am excited to say I am officially Canadian, but I guess due to the number of years I have lived here, I already felt I am Canadian (if that makes any sense lol).

Anyway, I want to thank everyone in this forum for all your great advice. I hope all you guys receive your Oath invites soon.

Cheers.

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
OP_POP said:
I just took the Oath, the ceremony took around an hour and 30 minutes. It was great to meet a lot of new citizens there. When we got there, we first met with the officers to hand in our PR cards and get our seat numbers. We then were guided to the other room where we sat and waited for the judge to join us. We all repeated the oath with the judge. We then got our citizenship certificate and sang the national anthem. At the end, they told us we can apply for passport after 3 days, that was about it. I left right away as I didn't want to get stuck in rush hour. I should admit something though, as I have been living in Canada for 15+ years (since I was 17 when I came here as student), I didn't feel as excited as most of other people there (i.e. staying extra to talk to the judge, or taking pictures, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I am excited to say I am officially Canadian, but I guess due to the number of years I have lived here, I already felt I am Canadian (if that makes any sense lol).

Anyway, I want to thank everyone in this forum for all your great advice. I hope all you guys receive your Oath invites soon.

Cheers.
Congratulation ... cheer up ... celebrate becoming Canadian officially !

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
My Ecas (online status) shows that my file was transferred from Sydney to the local office in Surrey BC two times. First at Mar 11 and second time at Mar 30.

Previously the CIC call center agent told me that my file was received in the local office on Apr 2 .

Today I called CIC to inquire the agent was nice and helpful he said no mail was sent to me and that I am in the line to be invited for the test however it seems my file was sent to Vancouver then Surrey but he was not certain how or why it happened. also said this may cause some delay in the application process Sad Huh Angry as I have to wait for others who are ahead of me and should not expect the CIC office to squeeze my application ahead of others.

I am confused and disappointed I think I will call them again late next week if I don't hear from the local office

What do you think ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
OP_POP said:

Cheers.
congratulations!! time for celebration.....

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
OP_POP said:

Cheers.
Congratulations! That's it!

salmonbait

Jan 21, 2015
Hi, all. Just sharing my timeline! Hope this helps to give you an idea.

Vancouver
Single
Application Submitted: Aug 1, 2014
CIC receipt acknowledgement: Aug 21, 2014
In Process: Oct 16, 2014
Test date: Feb 10, 2015
Oath: May 15, 2015