April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
No in process since 13 Sep 2018

ohcanadaoh

Jan 14, 2019
Thanks. I will try calling them to get more information.
and Yes, I am Vancouver applicant,

Here is my timeline
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 1, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on July 13, 2018.
Hello,
I received the same kind of email today, and I am a Vancouver applicant too. I am confused why I got this email as it looks pretty unusual. Could you please let me know how your appointment went and what it was about and what was your next step? Thanks!

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hello,
I received the same kind of email today, and I am a Vancouver applicant too. I am confused why I got this email as it looks pretty unusual. Could you please let me know how your appointment went and what it was about and what was your next step? Thanks!
Did you receive it today? Would you mind sharing your timeline?

ohcanadaoh

Jan 14, 2019
Did you receive it today? Would you mind sharing your timeline?
Update: I contacted IRCC, and they said this appointment is for taking a test!!

Yes, I received it today. Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 5, 2018.

And the email I got is:
"
Congratulations!
You've reached the next step in the Citizenship process. You have an upcoming appointment.
Read the attached letter closely for all the details about your appointment.
If your contact information has changed, it's very important that you notify us. Please visit our website for instructions on updating your contact information.
If you need to reschedule your appointment you can request a new one.
Thank you on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. We look forward to seeing you.
"

And the pdf file attached includes an appointment for March 26th, and they have asked me to take my documents for verification. The second page is a general guidance for taking test, but they don't mention anywhere that I should do the test on that date.

Last edited:

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2018.

And the email I got is:
"
Congratulations!
You've reached the next step in the Citizenship process. You have an upcoming appointment.
If your contact information has changed, it's very important that you notify us. Please visit our website for instructions on updating your contact information.
Thank you on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. We look forward to seeing you.
"

And the pdf file attached includes an appointment for March 26th, and they have asked me to take my documents for verification. The second page is a general guidance for taking test, but they don't mention anywhere that I should do the test on that date.
Are you a single applicant??

Bluekitten

Feb 22, 2019

And the email I got is:
"
Congratulations!
"

Have any time ("When") and address ("Where") been mentioned in the “apportionment” section of 1st page?It should be provided in a large cell below “You have an appointment” of 1st page. Those are the test time and location. After test, everyone should wait for interview for documents verification. If you are not provided the "When" and "Where" information, please contact IRCC.

surreymeluk

Oct 1, 2018
Hi, Is it a standard request for everyone applying for citizenship to have their finger prints done?, and if so, where in Vancouver is it advisable to have them taken? Any advise welcome, thankyou.

Bluekitten

Feb 22, 2019
Hi, Is it a standard request for everyone applying for citizenship to have their finger prints done?, and if so, where in Vancouver is it advisable to have them taken? Any advise welcome, thankyou.
It’s not reuqest for everyone but it’s normal if Vancouver applicant receives FP request. Digital fingerprints (should be the one required by IRCC) could be applied from VPD at 2021 Cambie Street, Vancouver. Link FYI:
https://vancouver.ca/police/organization/records-checks-fingerprinting/fingerprinting-service.html

Note: VPD will directly sent the FP result to the applicant, not the IRCC, for citizenship purpose. The applicant must forward the result to IRCC by him/herself.
Other cities in great Vancouver, applicant may apply FP from RCMP and/or it’s agents.

ohcanadaoh

Jan 14, 2019
Have any time ("When") and address ("Where") been mentioned in the “apportionment” section of 1st page?It should be provided in a large cell below “You have an appointment” of 1st page. Those are the test time and location. After test, everyone should wait for interview for documents verification. If you are not provided the "When" and "Where" information, please contact IRCC.
Yes, it does have a date and location and even a seat number. Thanks a lot!

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
What's going on Vancouver??!! Almost 6 months since "In Process" and still no test invites. Going crazy here and getting worried.

Anybody heard anything from June/July 2018 applicants that have been IP since Sept 2018 getting test invites?

MalV

Jun 29, 2018
Vancouver seems to be moving finally. Got my Oath invitation a couple of days ago for March 29. Had my test on Feb 12. So only 3 weeks between the two!

So should be good news for everyone soon!

Reactions: awai ali and nnkk20

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Vancouver seems to be moving finally. Got my Oath invitation a couple of days ago for March 29. Had my test on Feb 12. So only 3 weeks between the two!

So should be good news for everyone soon!
congratulations!!

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear all
I have received only emails for my test date, and when i check my online it said you might received a notification in mail, and that will be official confirmation So I didn’t receive any kind of mail,
prints out of emails are ok to present on test date,???