+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver applicants - (C-6 10/11)

PlayingKarrde

Dec 5, 2018
That is really terrible I feel bad for complaining I've been in process since Sept 12 and no test invite.

Have you tried phoning them?
I wouldn't worry too much. Mine started processing on Aug 24th and I have my test next week. I can't exactly recall when I got the letter telling me the date but it was probably about 5 weeks ago.

I am curious how long it currently takes to go from test to oath. I'm seeing conflicting reports, although the cic website says within 3 months.

Reactions: nnkk20

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I wouldn't worry too much. Mine started processing on Aug 24th and I have my test next week. I can't exactly recall when I got the letter telling me the date but it was probably about 5 weeks ago.

I am curious how long it currently takes to go from test to oath. I'm seeing conflicting reports, although the cic website says within 3 months.
Oh you're giving us all some hope! Thanks for sharing.

From what I've seen in Vancouver people have been getting the oath letter around 1 month after the test, and then have the oath 20 - 30 days after. It greatly varies but that's the trend I've seen. Hopefully you get it soon!

Reactions: PlayingKarrde

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
That is really terrible I feel bad for complaining I've been in process since Sept 12 and no test invite.

Have you tried phoning them?
well actually my test was around March so Ive been in process for 13+ months now, yeah called, email, MP, nothing works.

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
well actually my test was around March so Ive been in process for 13+ months now, yeah called, email, MP, nothing works.
anything unusual that was pointed out by the officer during your interview? i mean did the officer tell you that he/she will be making a decision or something like that?

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
anything unusual that was pointed out by the officer during your interview? i mean did the officer tell you that he/she will be making a decision or something like that?
no, he said everything is good from my side we just waiting for your background check to be completed and the funny thing is he said it should be done by July

stshayesteh

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
My parents got their Oath invite for Jan 10th. (Nov applicants, April test). Another friend who had applied in March-April and had his test recently, just got his Oath invitation for Jan 4th.
Looks like they are scheduling Oaths.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
Any Luck for Vancouver people

PlayingKarrde

Dec 5, 2018
A friend who did his test about a month ago got his oath date about a week after he passed. I believe it was for this year also. He was told they have opened up more dates to try and get as many people through as possible as there are many applicants right now.

My test is next week so I'll see if I can get some more info on this then.

Reactions: nnkk20

dashp

Dec 13, 2018
Hi everyone.

I applied in April and I received an email from cic which says "Congratulations you have reached the next step of the citizenship process". It has the info of what to bring and the appointmate date but it is so confusing that it didnt say what type of appointment it is. I opend the pdf file that was attached to it but So i am not sure if this is a written test ot anything like that.

Anyone received an email like this before?

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
A friend who did his test about a month ago got his oath date about a week after he passed. I believe it was for this year also. He was told they have opened up more dates to try and get as many people through as possible as there are many applicants right now.

My test is next week so I'll see if I can get some more info on this then.
Best of luck on your test!

Reactions: PlayingKarrde