+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver applicants - (C-6 10/11)

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi everyone.

I applied in April and I received an email from cic which says "Congratulations you have reached the next step of the citizenship process". It has the info of what to bring and the appointmate date but it is so confusing that it didnt say what type of appointment it is. I opend the pdf file that was attached to it but So i am not sure if this is a written test ot anything like that.

Anyone received an email like this before?
I would bet it's the test invite. If you're unsure try calling IRCC and ask them to confirm for you.

Are you a Vancouver applicant? Could you share your timeline? (AOR, IP dates)

dashp

Dec 13, 2018
I would bet it's the test invite. If you're unsure try calling IRCC and ask them to confirm for you.

Are you a Vancouver applicant? Could you share your timeline? (AOR, IP dates)
Thanks. I will try calling them to get more information.
and Yes, I am Vancouver applicant,

Here is my timeline
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 1, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on July 13, 2018.

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
So I talked to a friend of mine yesterday and he said his wife received her test invite 2 weeks ago (she applied in May). I also see that 2 July applicants have already received test invites. Looks like there is some movement in Vancouver, hopefully we hear something soon!

Reactions: awai ali

PlayingKarrde

Dec 5, 2018
Did my test today and they said 2-3 months. So guess didn't get in on that lucky 1-2 weeks opening. Oh well. Happy test is over so can just relax now.

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Did my test today and they said 2-3 months. So guess didn't get in on that lucky 1-2 weeks opening. Oh well. Happy test is over so can just relax now.
Don't lose hope I'm pretty sure that's what they tell everyone but from what I've seen you typically get the oath letter within a month. Of course there are exceptions but best of luck!

Still waiting for test invite over here!

N-R-J

Dec 20, 2018
Finally I got my test invitation letter 3 days ago. It is for Jan 15th 2019.

Application Received: June 15th
In process: September 21st

I wonder how long after the test it will take to get to the oath ceremony. From what I've heard and seen most cases are arranged to be complete in about 12 months, that would mean another 5 months or so of wait for me after the test date!! It is disappointing how slow they are.

Reactions: hfinkel

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
Any updates??

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Finally I got my test invitation letter 3 days ago. It is for Jan 15th 2019.

Application Received: June 15th
In process: September 21st

I wonder how long after the test it will take to get to the oath ceremony. From what I've heard and seen most cases are arranged to be complete in about 12 months, that would mean another 5 months or so of wait for me after the test date!! It is disappointing how slow they are.
At the time of the interview...if BG checks and other checks are completed then most probably you would get in 2-3 months after the interview.

Reactions: N-R-J

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
what the hell is going on with Vancouver!!! I left on holidays about a month ago and hadn't checked the spreadsheet/updates. I checked today and everything is pretty much the same. Still in process since sept 12. Sucks!!

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
is Vancouver the office for lower mainland and fraser valley? where do they process residents of Chilliwack, BC, any idea? just wondering if the process would be fast for me or more slower .. lol

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
is Vancouver the office for lower mainland and fraser valley? where do they process residents of Chilliwack, BC, any idea? just wondering if the process would be fast for me or more slower .. lol
I believe your office would be Surrey. I am not sure if there is another office further east but I doubt it would be Vancouver.

vdang

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2014
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
17-07-14
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Jan-ish
Med's Request
17-07-14
Med's Done....
22-07-14
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-15
LANDED..........
25-04-15
I believe your office would be Surrey. I am not sure if there is another office further east but I doubt it would be Vancouver.
Does this mean all applications from Vancouver are being processed physically in Vancouver?