+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver applicants - (C-6 10/11)

Sallybe1

Apr 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I see from the comments that some people went for interviews and wanted to see in what conditions interview is required? Also my application just got the processing status. When can I expect an update?

Thank you

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
My advice for you is the following:

go to the the local Comissionaires Office at Suite 800 – 595 Howe Street, Vancouver BC with the letter that you received on the mail. Make sure you take all required documents. They will take your FP and send whats required.They do this every day bunch of times. they will tell you excatly what you need to do. no appointment needed as well. check their website for hours.

As for next steps any local cic office doesn't take calls regarding application update. There is a contact number which you got in your AOR email/email. As long your application is falling within 12 months, you are good. Looks like you're only 3 months in. You're good for time.
Thanks for the reply. Actually i live in Langley .. i booked with the local RCMP Office. Is it better if i do it with the commissioner office on Howe st or is it the same as if i do it in Langley RCMP

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Thanks for the reply. Actually i live in Langley .. i booked with the local RCMP Office. Is it better if i do it with the commissioner office on Howe st or is it the same as if i do it in Langley RCMP
I work in Surrey but live in Vancouver. I did my FP At commisionaires Surrey central city. If you do at Langley RCMP or BC commisionaires like i did, it will be the same thing. If you are in a rush and your appt is not very soon then go to commisionaires. Else RCMP is just fine. Good luck :)

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
I work in Surrey but live in Vancouver. I did my FP At commisionaires Surrey central city. If you do at Langley RCMP or BC commisionaires like i did, it will be the same thing. If you are in a rush and your appt is not very soon then go to commisionaires. Else RCMP is just fine. Good luck :)
Gopr - was wondering how you got your oath so soon after the decision made? Did you request for an expideted oath?

usaorcanada

May 17, 2017
Hello,

I have question for family citizenship application, after my test I see in my ECAS decision made. But for my two minor kids, it's still showing in process. Is it normal?

Thanks everyone for keep posted,

CMeenakumari

Apr 10, 2018
We did our fingerprint on feb 6th with Vancouver police .They told they will send the mail to our home address .Then we have to send to IRCC Vancouver office.How many days take to get mail from RCMP Ottawa. Can I open the mail before sending to IRCC.(fingerprint)

Nawazt

Oct 8, 2017
I will be greatful if someone guide me. My test is on 18th April, is it possible if i bring my new photos and request interviewing officer to replace it because i am not satisified the way i look in old photos?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I will be greatful if someone guide me. My test is on 18th April, is it possible if i bring my new photos and request interviewing officer to replace it because i am not satisified the way i look in old photos?
Not sure you can..I mean it is not a beauty contest. You are not getting citizenship based on looks. If so, half the country would have no Canadian citizenship..hahaha

usaorcanada

May 17, 2017
Hi All

Test done got 19/20

Thanks
Hi Badar14,
Do you have any minor application in family of 3? I just wanted to check the ecas status of minor applicant after test. Yesterday, I had my test and my ECAS showing decision made, but for my two kids (minor) it's still IN PROCESS, little worried.
Thanks,

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Badar14,
Do you have any minor application in family of 3? I just wanted to check the ecas status of minor applicant after test. Yesterday, I had my test and my ECAS showing decision made, but for my two kids (minor) it's still IN PROCESS, little worried.
Thanks,
Hi

Yes I do have minor application. For minor status will not change so nothing to worry. Normally from in process it will turn to Completed after oath ceremony along with adult status change. Good luck

usaorcanada

May 17, 2017
Hi

Yes I do have minor application. For minor status will not change so nothing to worry. Normally from in process it will turn to Completed after oath ceremony along with adult status change. Good luck
Hi Badar14,
Thanks for the reply. It helps.
Good luck to receive the oath invitation.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Hi Badar14,
Thanks for the reply. It helps.
Good luck to receive the oath invitation.
hey congr8s on oath invite. Can you share what forms did you receive with oath invitation..? Is it normal to receive prohibition letter..and when does it needs to be signed?

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
hey congr8s on oath invite. Can you share what forms did you receive with oath invitation..? Is it normal to receive prohibition letter..and when does it needs to be signed?
Yes that's normal to receive the Prohibition form. You can sign it with any date before the ceremony or on the date of ceremony while in the waiting room(which is what I did). They ask for the forms to be signed first before proceeding to line up for document verification. Then you will go into the Oath ceremony room in Vancouver IRCC.

Reactions: aries9811

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Finally got my test invite today (for May 14 in Victoria). I have a question, I'm applying for a Schengen visa at the French consulate and my interview is for April 27. I'm wondering if that leaves enough time to get my passport back in time for the Citizenship interview, or if I should reschedule the Schengen visa appointment. Processing time is 1 day to 4 weeks, so it's hard to tell. Anyone have any experience with the French consulate and can provide advice?