+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver applicants - (C-6 10/11)

Pescatore

Feb 8, 2018
Did they give you any trouble about living outside of Canada? I've just mailed my application and have plans to move back to the States. My concern is that I have to surrender my BC drivers license (which was used as my provincial/governmental ID in my application) in order to get a Washington one (which I have to have in order to register my vehicle and get insurance). They'll let me keep it, but it'll be hole-punched. I'm hoping that that won't be an issue!
Hi, being outside of Canada did not seem to be an issue. I used my BC services card as my ID.

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Hey MissFrowz,

I have applied for visas at the French consulate in Vancouver three times (yup, they are pretty sick of me at this point). In my experience, I think you will have enough time. I usually get mine back in around 2-3 business days, which is honestly miraculous in comparison to other consulates. Another thing if you are worried about getting it back in time is to request an in-person pick up instead of mailing your passport back. This can potentially save you 2-5 days of mailing time.

Of course, it really depends on your individual case and the type of visa you are requesting and no one can say for sure.
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately I've already rescheduled my visa appointment. Either way, it should be okay. Good to know that they have a fast turnaround time.

aa74

Mar 9, 2018
Yesterday I passed the test me and my wife
Today 20/04 online status changed for both of
Us to DM.
The test was basic and common information for both of us, the interview after the test were
Identity check and address conformation and
Passport stamps vs online calculator as I had many trips outside Canada and the officer asked about some stamps which were not in English and that he need translation for,
I had the stamps translation with me from mosaic as I did translate earlier just incase
He goes through the translation, and then he said 2 to 5 months the ceremony

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
I realised that since I started school, I lost contact with most of my old friends and the new ones I haven't known for 2 years. So I am facing a similar issue and will have to reach out to old friends I haven't seen in a while. :/ Or some former colleagues.

A lot of my friends are also internationals who might not yet be citizens, too. They are on the same journey as me but not there yet!
If you cannot find a guarantor
If you haven’t known an eligible guarantor for at least two years, complete form PPTC 132 (Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor) available from any passport office or by telephone.

The form must be sworn to or declared before, and signed by a:

• person authorized by law to administer an oath or a solemn declaration
  • qualified official for those submitting outside of Canada, Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor including:
    • Canadian or British diplomatic or consular representatives
    • qualified local officials, such as a civil servants or members of Parliament
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Good Luck

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hello Folks

*Status Update*

Test passed: 11 APRIL

Decision Made: 25 APRIL

Thanks

atakch

Apr 7, 2011
Had my test on March 8th and my application is still process. No decision made yet, fingers crossed :(

sebbie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
I guess I got my answer by looking at some of those poster's history. Still some people waiting for test since December!

sherych

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott-Pilot Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-09-2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Had my test on March 8th and my application is still process. No decision made yet, fingers crossed :(
I had mine on March 12th, I've been told my security or background check is still in process, so once that is done, the next step will follow. Hopefully soon. Good luck in your wait too! Also, some people are still waiting for test invites... oh well. The good part is that we are done with the test, so now we just wait for the next step.

Reactions: atakch

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
So had interview for folks today in Surrey

Here is the experience
  1. The office is locked from outside so you either press the disable switch or wait for the person inside to open
  2. They took the blue sheets and asked them to sit
  3. That same person provided instructions to everyone that those for interview will be called and rest about tests etc
  4. Our appt was 8:30AM and we were in at 8:00AM
  5. They called them at around 8:50AM
  6. My mother walks with a cane, no chair to sit while facing officer who was a very young gentleman
  7. Asked for PR Card, Health/Services Card, Passports
  8. First interviewed my father with the following questions
  9. Last time they were in India ( since they are in Canada since 2012 and got PR in 2014 )
  10. Does he work? where
  11. Has he been outside India
  12. Has he been outside Canada since PR
  13. Has he been in trouble with law, immigration
  14. **Was Surprised to see his older Indian passport which was valid for 20 years** said he has never seen that, I was standing with them so I said they used to give that. Not the 1st time I have experienced this as Indian consulate in Vancouver was also shocked during passport renewal way back**
  15. Did go through pages of passport
  16. My father is hard of hearing so he couldn't understand all his questions so he said its ok to translate but don't answer for him
  17. My father made a mistake by signing his new signature vs his old one which he caught and then I had to explain he changed the signature t which he said to sign his old one on the side too
  18. Same for my mother but much smoother
  19. All in all, 10-15 mins

Reactions: Quiches

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
This afternoon I got an invitation for a special oath ceremony on May 24 here in Victoria at the Legislative Assembly. My citizenship test is on May 14, so i have to pass that first, though! The email totally brightened up my boring Monday!