+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VACs are closed and Passport needs to be submitted in 30 days

Lilyyyy

May 20, 2020
Hello! So I was finally approved for a travel exempt as an immediate family and for my TRV application. I have submitted my biometrics in VFS Dubai. The problem is they are requesting me to submit my passport within 30 days but all visa centers in Kazakhstan is still closed, and the Canadian Embassy is in Moscow, which are open. Most of the agencies I’ve been to said that I can submit my passport on the embassy for visa stamping, have any one of you tried that? If so, what are the steps I should take? Thank you!

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hello! So I was finally approved for a travel exempt as an immediate family and for my TRV application. I have submitted my biometrics in VFS Dubai. The problem is they are requesting me to submit my passport within 30 days but all visa centers in Kazakhstan is still closed, and the Canadian Embassy is in Moscow, which are open. Most of the agencies I’ve been to said that I can submit my passport on the embassy for visa stamping, have any one of you tried that? If so, what are the steps I should take? Thank you!
Hello! Yes, you can submit your passport to the Canadian Embassy in Moscow. This can be done by mailing it to the address of the Embassy in Moscow, together with the processing fees. The processing fees depend on the type of visa you are applying for (in your case a visitor's visa) and will usually range from $20 to $50, which you would need to pay by check or money order. You would also need to pay for a return envelope for your passport. The embassy officials will receive your passport and fees, stamp the visa on your passport, and mail it back to you. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Lilyyyy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should ask to have your processing changed to Moscow. Would contact both consulates. Would not just randomly send in your passport.

Reactions: Lilyyyy

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I've seen someone do the random sending to a third-party visa office, and it was stamped fine, but yes, it is definitely more proper to make a formal request before doing so.

On the other hand, when I also had to do the same thing and I got emails from both visa offices after my transfer request, my stamping still took 3 weeks, and I saw in my GCMS notes that Ottawa still requested for verification from my home visa office after they received my passport and the printed emails. :/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've seen someone do the random sending to a third-party visa office, and it was stamped fine, but yes, it is definitely more proper to make a formal request before doing so.

On the other hand, when I also had to do the same thing and I got emails from both visa offices after my transfer request, my stamping still took 3 weeks, and I saw in my GCMS notes that Ottawa still requested for verification from my home visa office after they received my passport and the printed emails. :/
I have seen others had their passport returned without stamping so would really encourage people ask permission so the VAC is expecting that passport and so a random passport doesn’t just show up.

Reactions: bellaluna