+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vaccines and flights after November 30

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
did you notify arriveCan about sputnik somehow?

my mom got the covid kit and she took it at home during 14 days quarantine, she did it herself ))
For Canadian purposes sputnik is irrelevant. You will only be asked if vaccinated with a vaccine recognised in Canada.

And yes we were given self test kits and that was administered over video call.

Reactions: valvlad

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you notify arriveCan about sputnik somehow?

my mom got the covid kit and she took it at home during 14 days quarantine, she did it herself ))
I have to upload my scanned immunization record in the arrivalcan app. before traveling.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
We have landed and got the Pfizer in addition to sputnik. None of us had any significant reaction to either.
Curious what your definition of ' significant ' is ?
I'm no medical expert but some students around here have mixed Pfizer and Sinovac for their freedom cards
with no reaction. There have been issues when combining the Moderna vaccine.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Curious what your definition of ' significant ' is ?
I'm no medical expert but some students around here have mixed Pfizer and Sinovac for their freedom cards
with no reaction. There have been issues when combining the Moderna vaccine.
Nothing worth mentioning really. A headache here or there basically, which could easily have been anything at all. All far less than what we were told would be normal reactions or side effects.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Nothing worth mentioning really. A headache here or there basically, which could easily have been anything at all. All far less than what we were told would be normal reactions or side effects.
You're healthy.
Headaches are one of the side effects but I would take that any day rather than catching covid.

Sometimes I get headache after red wine ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You're healthy.
Headaches are one of the side effects but I would take that any day rather than catching covid.

Sometimes I get headache after red wine ?
Yes, and keep in mind this is family with four adults (two young adults), a total of 14 vaccine doses administered (one did not get sputnik, three got sputnik + pfizer), and one got Tetanus booster shortly after the second Pfizer (long story but not overly serious emergency visit in Canada led to check of last Tetanus shot - too long ago - and much discussion amongst doctors). (Who decided that covid and tetanus - together or separate - are both FAR worse than the minimal chance of some reaction to any of these vaccines and that even tetanus a week after pfizer is super low risk)

Anyway: in that pretty large sample (well, compared to most families) there have been zero reactions that were more worrisome than a caffeine headache or feeling slightly out of sorts for a few hours. And that was perhaps two cases of the 14 shots (15 incl tetanus). We honestly can't say that these were reactions to the vaccine shots, and far, far less than what doctors described to us as 'common side effects'. (Side note: I don't know what they mean by 'common' in the sense of percent of those getting vaccine who experience them - I think they mean not rare)

I've had lots of other vaccines including some more exotic ones due to travel that are known for common reactions - I had sort-of headache/out of sorts for a few hours with covid and that was nothing - I had a nap. I might have just been tired - at any rate I'd classify what I experienced as trivial.

Anyway, just our experience. But FWIW I don't know anyone who's had side effects worse than ours, ie. almost everyone has said no side effects (or completely trivial.)

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
It's a shame the Sputnik vaccine hasn't been approved in Canada or by the WHO as all evidence points towards it being a good vaccine. My wife was vaccinated with Sputnik and to avoid quarantine when we travel to Canada for Christmas she is going to the States next week to get a Johnson and Johnson jab. Obviously not an option for everybody but it is an option worth considering.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It's a shame the Sputnik vaccine hasn't been approved in Canada or by the WHO as all evidence points towards it being a good vaccine. My wife was vaccinated with Sputnik and to avoid quarantine when we travel to Canada for Christmas she is going to the States next week to get a Johnson and Johnson jab. Obviously not an option for everybody but it is an option worth considering.
All evidence is that it's a very decent vaccine held back (internationally) by a lot of mistakes, incompetence and lack of experience in the manufacturing, reporting and data management expected of 21st century pharmacy industry (at least to WHO and international standards).

An acquaintance there commented that so much energy and talent was devoted to subverting, faking and evading the WADA rules that they completely lost the memory and knowledge of how to follow them.

Reactions: expatgoingback

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure why she would seek out J&J or how easy it will be to get access to J&J. Certainly not the best vaccine which should be your primary concern. I clearly know why she is getting the J&J but there are also high chances that J&J will be reassessed as needing a second dose to be more effective.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
My boss was in bed with the temperature of 40C after sputnik, he thought he was going to heaven :( so idk, everyone is different..

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Not sure why she would seek out J&J or how easy it will be to get access to J&J. Certainly not the best vaccine which should be your primary concern. I clearly know why she is getting the J&J but there are also high chances that J&J will be reassessed as needing a second dose to be more effective.
She's already fully vaccinated with Sputnik so whatever shot she gets would just be a reinforcement. Canada considers someone vaccinated with one dose of J&J to be fully vaccinated so she can go to the States for a few days and come back here "fully vaccinated" and then travel to Canada whenver she wants without requiring quarantine. I thought that was pretty obvious from my previous post.

Your opinion that the vaccine is "certainly not the best vaccine" is based on what exactly?