+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vaccines and flights after November 30

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Hi guys
I’m just so confused about these news about who can and who cannot travel to Canada after Nov 30... it says you have to be fully vaccinated in order to come to and out of Canada. So that means if I’m not getting the vaccine in Russia (sputnik) - my hub and I will not be permitted to fly to Canada? no pcr will do? No quarantine and getting pfizer after it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys
I’m just so confused about these news about who can and who cannot travel to Canada after Nov 30... it says you have to be fully vaccinated in order to come to and out of Canada. So that means if I’m not getting the vaccine in Russia (sputnik) - my hub and I will not be permitted to fly to Canada? no pcr will do? No quarantine and getting pfizer after it?
I do not know for certain - but my understanding is the strict requirement applies to flights originating in Canada.

In other words, nothing should change (yet) for those arriving from abroad - ifbtheyre not vaccinated with vaccines recognised in Canada, they'll have to quarantine and do testing, just like now.

Of course it could change and I don't think final instructions have been published.

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I'm concerning cause of this info, i posted it in other thread :

https://news.ontario.ca/en/backgrounder/1000806/using-your-vaccination-receipt-frequently-asked-questions

Who is considered fully vaccinated?

An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:

The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines
One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada
Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You're missing the point - no, you won't be considered fully vaccinated with just the Sputnik vaccine. And not until you get the full vaccine course in Canada.

But you should be able to travel to Canada and land. You'll just have to quarantine, etc. Just as it works now.

(Note you probably won't be able to travel after arriving until fully vaccinated either)

But - keep following the news, the instructions will be needed. There are some gaps in what's announced - normal for policies like this - that often get clarified in final version of regs. (For example I don't know what they do for immigrants arriving and needing a domestic connecting flight -presumably some exemption that applies only to arriving but I do not know)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Note, there's no doubt that getting the Pfizer or moderna vaccine will make things easier - but not possible everywhere in the world.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Note, there's no doubt that getting the Pfizer or moderna vaccine will make things easier - but not possible everywhere in the world.
Thank you! I'll hope for the best and the ability to land while unvaxxed :))

I'd rather not do any vaccine at all,to be honest, for 2 year i didn't get sick or anything, and my husband too. But pfizer seems better to me than sputnik, which felt just horrible on my friends...

Will see )) Did you land already btw?

• Sad
Reactions: expatgoingback

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
no, you won't be considered fully vaccinated with just the Sputnik vaccine.
they want 3 !!! doses of the unauthorized vaccine lol - this way you'll be considered fully vaxxed. But nobody in Russia will do the 3 doses haha

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you! I'll hope for the best and the ability to land while unvaxxed :))

I'd rather not do any vaccine at all,to be honest, for 2 year i didn't get sick or anything, and my husband too. But pfizer seems better to me than sputnik, which felt just horrible on my friends...

Will see )) Did you land already btw?
We have landed and got the Pfizer in addition to sputnik. None of us had any significant reaction to either.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
a lot of checking while quarantining or at the border? :)

sorry last question haha
They do both.

There's checking and questions at the border. They also check in on those who are required to quarantine to make sure they are meeting these mandatory requirements. There are high fines for violations.

Reactions: armoured

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
They do both.

There's checking and questions at the border. They also check in on those who are required to quarantine to make sure they are meeting these mandatory requirements. There are high fines for violations.
Yea, it's undertandable

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
a lot of checking while quarantining or at the border? :)

sorry last question haha
It was both really. Less at the border but mainly because you do most of the preps using arrivecan app beforehand.

We did have to do COVID test at border which surprised me only because it was after customs when I thought we were done.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
It was both really. Less at the border but mainly because you do most of the preps using arrivecan app beforehand.

We did have to do COVID test at border which surprised me only because it was after customs when I thought we were done.
did you notify arriveCan about sputnik somehow?

my mom got the covid kit and she took it at home during 14 days quarantine, she did it herself ))