+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vaccine Sinovac

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No true sibling ( Fully vaxxed with his wife n kids but not authorized vaccine)
Do the children have grandparents in Canada who are PRs or citizens? How old are the children? Believe the spouse of the sibling can only enter if they are full-vaccinated with the 3 vaccines approved in Canada.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
My parents had SINOVAC and entered Canada as a tourist early September. I’m a PR. No issues at all and they quarantined in our house for 14days, with us, and just do the ArriveCan daily.

Yes, it was allowed to quarantine in our house, with us, WITH PRECAUTIONS.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents had SINOVAC and entered Canada as a tourist early September. I’m a PR. No issues at all and they quarantined in our house for 14days, with us, and just do the ArriveCan daily.

Yes, it was allowed to quarantine in our house, with us, WITH PRECAUTIONS.
It is not allowed to quarantine in your home unless they are totally separate like a basement. Sad that after so long CBSA isn’t asking for specifics to identify proper quarantine plans.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
It is not allowed to quarantine in your home unless they are totally separate like a basement. Sad that after so long CBSA isn’t asking for specifics to identify proper quarantine plans.
They did asked for quarantine plans (sort of questionnaire) verifying if we have seniors and medical professional living with us, which is none.

when someone called from govt of canada to “check” on them, they asked if they have separate room and getting outdoor access but still with in the property.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
I agree that unfortunately it doesn’t seem like they really “care” about how you quarantine and the conditions are easy to follow in terms of place of quarantine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree that unfortunately it doesn’t seem like they really “care” about how you quarantine and the conditions are easy to follow in terms of place of quarantine.
Which is why you are still getting spread within families or worse to because people are sharing a home with a person is “quarantining” in the next bedroom. The rest of the family is going to work and school. Boggles my mind. The travellers coming in to stay with their pregnant children should alone be a huge concern. While many pregnant women are ending up in the ICU and often on ventilators people are unwilling to make proper quarantine plans and the government is unwilling to check the quarantine plans. Meanwhile places like PEI are requiring unvaccinated children arriving in PEI to pass 2 covid tests before going back to school which is good public health.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They did asked for quarantine plans (sort of questionnaire) verifying if we have seniors and medical professional living with us, which is none.

when someone called from govt of canada to “check” on them, they asked if they have separate room and getting outdoor access but still with in the property.
You should also be responsible for appropriate quarantine plan which it is unclear whether you actually had. Precautions or exposing extra people unnecessarily isn’t proper quarantine.

Seko_Saki

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
You should also be responsible for appropriate quarantine plan which it is unclear whether you actually had. Precautions or exposing extra people unnecessarily isn’t proper quarantine.
Please ... Don't tell people what they should and shouldn't do ... that's for the elected government to do, not you ..... you are not better than anyone or know more than everyone .... Treat people with respect

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please ... Don't tell people what they should and shouldn't do ... that's for the elected government to do, not you ..... you are not better than anyone or know more than everyone .... Treat people with respect
That is the government policy.

bmvasconcellos

Oct 7, 2021
Hi, I’d really appreciate if someone helped me with this question:
I’m going to Canada in February with my husband (I’m on a student permit and he’s on a open work visa).
I got two shots of sinovac and he got two shots of pfizer.
Is he required to quarantine with me? (We are going to travel together and we are planning on staying in a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment when we arrive)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m going to Canada in February with my husband (I’m on a student permit and he’s on a open work visa).
Is he required to quarantine with me? (We are going to travel together and we are planning on staying in a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment when we arrive)
You must to quarantine separately from your spouse so no you can’t share common spaces. He isn’t the one who has to quarantine, you do.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation#how-to-quarantine

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes he will be required to quarantine with you if you’re staying in a one bedroom apartment. If you were able to remain separately then he doesn’t need to quarantine.

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
Glad OP had no issues bringing parents in vaccinated with non Canada approved vaccines, now with the new policy that they cant board the planes ( people who are vaccinated with non approved canada vaccines) does this change the process that OP followed ? Please assist

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Glad OP had no issues bringing parents in vaccinated with non Canada approved vaccines, now with the new policy that they cant board the planes ( people who are vaccinated with non approved canada vaccines) does this change the process that OP followed ? Please assist
Yes, it changes the process. People, even Canadians, who are not full vaccinated or with approved vaccinnations can’t board a domestic flight or take the train.

Reactions: YVR123