+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vaccinated Intl Students entering Canada

bardode

May 28, 2021
Do the new travel exemptions for fully vaccinated travelers also apply to International Students entering Canada for the first time? (Assuming you got one of the approved shots)
Does this mean you won’t have to quarantine for 14 days according to your DLI’s COVID readiness plan?

Could someone who’s recently traveled to Canada under the new rules share their experiences here?

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Yes, it includes international students. They said you still need to make a 14 day quarantine plan in case you don't meet the requirements to be exempted. You only need to quarantine until your arrival test results come out negative.

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
So technically you still need to book the 3 days hotel quarantine and another 11 days. So upon landing, there's a chance you still need to wait for the test result therefore still need to stay for hotel at least 1 day? Just hope with this new change, hotels will give flexibility of refund.

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
So technically you still need to book the 3 days hotel quarantine and another 11 days. So upon landing, there's a chance you still need to wait for the test result therefore still need to stay for hotel at least 1 day? Just hope with this new change, hotels will give flexibility of refund.
No need to book hotel quarantine. From my understanding you need to book or arrange a place for 14 days to show that you will quarantine incase your test turns positive/quarantine exemption is denied.

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
i see.. the advisory on the school i'll be attending is that they still advise to.

• Have a suitable 14- day quarantine plan (including the 3-day hotel stopover)

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
oops.. i saw this in canada.ca. So u can still book the 3 days hotel and can request a refund if exempted.

You may only request a refund for the hotel stopover if you were given the fully vaccinated exemption when you entered Canada.

To request a refund:

• contact the hotel and let them know you received the exemption
  • the hotel will confirm your exemption status with PHAC
    • this may take up to 12 days
  • if confirmed, the hotel will issue a refund

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i see.. the advisory on the school i'll be attending is that they still advise to.

• Have a suitable 14- day quarantine plan (including the 3-day hotel stopover)
Think many may get confused about what vaccination is needed. If you are sure you have the appropriate vaccine then there is no need to book a quarantine hotel

Reactions: wonderbly