+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using working visa to enter canada to apply other employer

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
i just want to ask also, did i am right to quit my jobs on my present employer now if after a month no still jobs they given me?? do i have no problem on quiting jobs here?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Look at your contract. It should be stipulated there on how long a notice the employer gives you and how long you give the employer, to terminate your employment. Did you get your SIN? Have you given your SIN number to your employer?

thess_simple said:
i just want to ask also, did i am right to quit my jobs on my present employer now if after a month no still jobs they given me?? do i have no problem on quiting jobs here?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thess_simple said:
I am on prince edward island.. what do u mean by SIN?
Social Insurance Number

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Hi job-seeker, yes, your knowledge is very helpful for others. I need your advice too.
My current employer went to a nursing home last week, I booked a flight and wanted to go back home for a few months , as my health has got damaged due to stress and long term heavy lifting, also I need to get some paperwork for immigration requirements, like my daughter's custody paper, it's a problem I need to solve , I submited my PR application on July 5th.

I asked an agent to help me find an employer who needs someone in a few months. But the agent told me they had experience , a nanny went back to the philipines while she was changing employers , so the work permit was invalid, even she was holding the contract and LMO from the new employer , but she was sent back to the philipines and had to stay there at least one year. Even her new employer didn't get a call from the custom.
So I had to canceled my flight and look for a new employer again. I feel stuck here. My problem is , all employers want someone to start as soon as possible, and would not like to give me a break, especially I need a long break , at least more than two weeks.
My re-entry visa and old work permit all expire Dec 2011.
What should I do , job-seeker?
Thank you in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You have to find an employer who's willing to wait out the processing time for the LMO and WP. You don't want to be caught working illegally. Also try applying for EI while in between jobs. You can take this job search as your rest and relaxation (hope the job search is not too stressful). You were supposed to have had at least 2 weeks paid vacation from your previous employer. If they did not give you the two weeks vacation, they should have given you the equivalent pay for two weeks.

ying888 said:
Hi job-seeker, yes, your knowledge is very helpful for others. I need your advice too.
My current employer went to a nursing home last week, I booked a flight and wanted to go back home for a few months , as my health has got damaged due to stress and long term heavy lifting, also I need to get some paperwork for immigration requirements, like my daughter's custody paper, it's a problem I need to solve , I submited my PR application on July 5th.

I asked an agent to help me find an employer who needs someone in a few months. But the agent told me they had experience , a nanny went back to the philipines while she was changing employers , so the work permit was invalid, even she was holding the contract and LMO from the new employer , but she was sent back to the philipines and had to stay there at least one year. Even her new employer didn't get a call from the custom.
So I had to canceled my flight and look for a new employer again. I feel stuck here. My problem is , all employers want someone to start as soon as possible, and would not like to give me a break, especially I need a long break , at least more than two weeks.
My re-entry visa and old work permit all expire Dec 2011.
What should I do , job-seeker?
Thank you in advance.

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
job_seeker said:
You have to find an employer who's willing to wait out the processing time for the LMO and WP. You don't want to be caught working illegally. Also try applying for EI while in between jobs. You can take this job search as your rest and relaxation (hope the job search is not too stressful). You were supposed to have had at least 2 weeks paid vacation from your previous employer. If they did not give you the two weeks vacation, they should have given you the equivalent pay for two weeks.
Thanks so much for your quick resopnse, job-seeker, yes, I am sick now by being too stressed, heavy headache and upset stomach, I can't move , so my employer allow me still stay alone in this house.
You meant I can't leave this country untill I get the new WP just like what the agent told me? I just think it doesn't make sense?I don't want to work illegally, that's why I want to go home for waiting my new work permit.
My employer paid my vacation every month for 4% of my salary, this time I quit first and then the family sent him to a nursing home, they didn't state I quit on my ROE just for me to claim EI.
But I heard it takes so long to wait for the approval of EI.

Can I go back after I get the LMO?
Thanks again

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
ying888 said:
Thanks so much for your quick resopnse, job-seeker, yes, I am sick now by being too stressed, heavy headache and upset stomach, I can't move , so my employer allow me still stay alone in this house.
You meant I can't leave this country untill I get the new WP just like what the agent told me? I just think it doesn't make sense?I don't want to work illegally, that's why I want to go home for waiting my new work permit.
My employer paid my vacation every month for 4% of my salary, this time I quit first and then the family sent him to a nursing home, they didn't state I quit on my ROE just for me to claim EI.
But I heard it takes so long to wait for the approval of EI.

Can I go back after I get the LMO?
Thanks again
I meant if cic really does that way, it doesn't make sense.

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
hi job seeker!!

i think i have...when we arrived here on canada the next day our employer accompanied us here on getting a health card and i think that is a SIN card..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You are given a Temporary SIN when you go to Service Canada and then Service Canada will send you the SIN card I think 2 weeks later. The health card is different. I don't know how long you should be in the province (in your case PEI) before you are entitled to health coverage.

thess_simple said:
hi job seeker!!

i think i have...when we arrived here on canada the next day our employer accompanied us here on getting a health card and i think that is a SIN card..

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
yes your right service canada give me a temporary Sin when we go there..the copy say after 10 working days before recieving the card..

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Hi, job-seeker:

Urgent question! Today my employer has received a call from HRSD and asking more supporting documents which has been done and faxed to the officer today. I think LMO with my name on it should be arrived within couple days.

The question is once I restore my status in Canada as a live-in care giver but not under the LCP program (Now I am under Temporary worker category) and I really want to fix this huge mistake.

Can I bring the proper application forms and the new valid work permit (Live-in caregiver) to the Seattle border and enter from there to be qualified as a LCP under the program? Or I have to sent all the documents(LCP program) to the Seattle visa office instead? Cause it will take too much longer to process and since I am already holding the new work permit as live-in caregiver in Canada?

If I don't make my questions clear enough, would you mind leaving the email so I can send my question to you more clearly?

Appreciate your assistance,

Vic

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You should apply at the Consulate in Seattle (or any visa office outside Canada) with your LMO and supporting documents to convert your WP into the LCP.

victoria11 said:
Hi, job-seeker:

Urgent question! Today my employer has received a call from HRSD and asking more supporting documents which has been done and faxed to the officer today. I think LMO with my name on it should be arrived within couple days.

The question is once I restore my status in Canada as a live-in care giver but not under the LCP program (Now I am under Temporary worker category) and I really want to fix this huge mistake.

Can I bring the proper application forms and the new valid work permit (Live-in caregiver) to the Seattle border and enter from there to be qualified as a LCP under the program? Or I have to sent all the documents(LCP program) to the Seattle visa office instead? Cause it will take too much longer to process and since I am already holding the new work permit as live-in caregiver in Canada?

If I don't make my questions clear enough, would you mind leaving the email so I can send my question to you more clearly?

Appreciate your assistance,

Vic

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Hi,job-seeker:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I understand to convert the work permit to LCP program in Seattle visa office. That means I still have to sent all the documents to Visa office under same employer category or doesn't matter and waiting for another over one hundred days to get my work permit ? Will it take more than 100 days to process or shorter? I couldn't just bring those documents to the border, right?

Sounds silly but just so anxious.

Vic