+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using working visa to enter canada to apply other employer

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You only have to let your present employer know when you have the new WP. Check your dates here.

thess_simple said:
so you mean i need to let my present employer that i have new work permit from other employer? even my employment contract to them is already expired?

my employment contract is from april 25 to dec 17, 2011, and the work permit that gave me canada embassy in manila when i was there before going here on canada will expired on jan 2012..but when i arrived here on canada immigration stamp my work permit, the papers they put on my passport it will expired on march 12, 2011 coz i arrived on canada last june 12..

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
hi job seeker!

for example my work permit is already expired, is any extension of month i can stay here on canada or on the time its expired i need to leave canada?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can request for restoration of status within 90 days of the expiration. no guarantees at getting approved. If you overstayed and it could be traced from your docs/passport then getting TRV later would be more difficult. Best to work within the system.

thess_simple said:
hi job seeker!

for example my work permit is already expired, is any extension of month i can stay here on canada or on the time its expired i need to leave canada?

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
can i apply LMO with two different employer?

my present employer now is filing LMO for our extension...and i saw other employer that willing to give me LMO...is that ok that they file both LM on my name and after releasing that LMO, i just give up one of them?

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
what is the requirements in renewal of work permit? is medical is required on this?

and anyone who knows if canadian embassy manila can give a copy of medical examination?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No medical required for renewal of WP. You need new LMO though. Is your WP still valid? If it's no longer valid, you'd need to apply restoration of status with the application for WP and pay $200 for the restoration and $150 for the WP.

thess_simple said:
what is the requirements in renewal of work permit? is medical is required on this?

and anyone who knows if canadian embassy manila can give a copy of medical examination?

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
hi job seeker!

valid pa rin yung work permit ko actually march 2012 p cia mag expired.renewal me ng contract same employer pa rin bale fish plant line workers pa rin yung work ko lobster processing..Sabi kase nung mga dating worker dito need pa ng medical ulit..kaso yung medical ko nasa embassy..pag dito naman nagmedical after 2 months pa result.

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
what are the requirements that i need to send in applying renewal of work permit? yung LMO namin i think processing p lang ng employer namin

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need your LMO, contract, current WP, marked pages of Passport plus the bio page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.PDF

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
thanks a lot!

Did u know the address and tel# of embassy that need to pass this requirement? or any inquiry line so i can ask any question??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You don't have to apply for restoration since your WP is still valid. WP application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

54 days - new employer/102 days same employer

thess_simple said:
hi!
how long processing of restoration of work permit and work permit?