+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using working visa to enter canada to apply other employer

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
Hi everyone!

i just want to ask, what will happen if restoration application is rejected by immigration, is there any chance to still stay in canada?
what is the risk in staying canada if restoration is rejected even we apply restoration for same employer

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If your application for restoration is refused, then you'd have to leave Canada. You still have a valid WP, don't you?

thess_simple said:
Hi everyone!

i just want to ask, what will happen if restoration application is rejected by immigration, is there any chance to still stay in canada?
what is the risk in staying canada if restoration is rejected even we apply restoration for same employer

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
Hi job seeker!

My work permit is still valid, but it will expired this march 12,2012 and the LMO for same employer is not yet release.

I just want to ask, there is a case that there is filed restoration becoz their work permit is already expired, and result of restoration is reject.
The reason why is the LMO they pass is already expired. And they apply restoration for same employer.
IS there any chance to still stay here in canada and apply new restoration if same employer file new LMO?
Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hopefully it will get released before your WP expires. Anyway, if the LMO is not out yet, you can send an application for the work permit (use snail mail not the online application), two weeks before your WP expires. Attach a cover letter explaining that a LMO is in process but your WP is expiring so you're sending the application at the time. Explain that you'll send the LMO as soon as you received it.

BTW how long ago was the LMO applied for?

thess_simple said:
Hi job seeker!

My work permit is still valid, but it will expired this march 12,2012 and the LMO for same employer is not yet release.

I just want to ask, there is a case that there is filed restoration becoz their work permit is already expired, and result of restoration is reject.
The reason why is the LMO they pass is already expired. And they apply restoration for same employer.
IS there any chance to still stay here in canada and apply new restoration if same employer file new LMO?
Thanks!

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
hi!

I heard that LMO is just pass this week..I dont know how long it will process.

I just want to ask also, How many times you can apply restoration? Once CIC rejected restoration, do have any chance to apply again if have valid LMO?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
LMO apps are taking longer these days. Send an application for the WP two weeks before your WP expires (without the LMO). Attach a letter explaining you have a LMO in process and your WP is expiring, and you'll send them the LMO once you receive it. (will buy you some time, hopefully, before you a get a response, you already have your LMO). Should the WP be processed and LMO not yet with you and you get a refusal, that's the time you file for restoration and WP again once you received the LMO but within the 90 day period after you receive the response.

thess_simple said:
hi!

I heard that LMO is just pass this week..I dont know how long it will process.

I just want to ask also, How many times you can apply restoration? Once CIC rejected restoration, do have any chance to apply again if have valid LMO?

thess_simple

Jun 18, 2011
thank you job seeker!

My question now on you, is about my friend situation.. Her work permit expired last jan 20, and they file restoration last jan 11, but this week after inquiring in CIC she found out that immigration send her a letter last week but she not yet recieve now. She talk an agent and she found out that her restoration is reject coz the LMO
they pass is already expired. Once they have valid LMO, is any chance to them to apply restoration again and work permit?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Is a LMO on process?

thess_simple said:
thank you job seeker!

My question now on you, is about my friend situation.. Her work permit expired last jan 20, and they file restoration last jan 11, but this week after inquiring in CIC she found out that immigration send her a letter last week but she not yet recieve now. She talk an agent and she found out that her restoration is reject coz the LMO
they pass is already expired. Once they have valid LMO, is any chance to them to apply restoration again and work permit?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Why was the restoration sent before the WP expired?

thess_simple said:
thank you job seeker!

Ask the employer to fast track the LMO.

thess_simple said:
Yes. LMO is on process. They pass LMO last monday.

dallshat

Nov 28, 2011
@job_seeker or anybody that can give advice pls help me with some questions... This is the scenario I apply for work permit under live in caregiver program last August 15,2011 I'm here in uk. Thru email I ask the cic whats happening to my application,they reply me that " my paper is awaiting review or under review by an officer". The problem is my employer is badly needed a caregiver and they can't wait me anymore so they are planning to hire there in Canada. If that happen: 1. Can I still get visa, or my application will be stopped already?2. If I get visa can I still go to Canada.? 3.if luckily they issue me a visa can I just get new employer or not? 4. What will be your best advice to give it to me shall I wait or shall I pull out my application at cic? Thank you...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If your employer did not communicate with CIC/CHC in the UK, and no more documents that your employer needs to provide then there's a chance that your application will finish processing and hopefully you'll get a visa . Processing times in the UK is 2 months on the average. How come yours has take so long? You can start looking for an employer now who's willing to apply for LMO in your name. If you should get a visa, and an employer (with positive LMO) you can use the visa you obtained to land in Canada and obtain your WP upon arrival.

dallshat said:
@ job_seeker or anybody that can give advice pls help me with some questions... This is the scenario I apply for work permit under live in caregiver program last August 15,2011 I'm here in uk. Thru email I ask the cic whats happening to my application,they reply me that " my paper is awaiting review or under review by an officer". The problem is my employer is badly needed a caregiver and they can't wait me anymore so they are planning to hire there in Canada. If that happen: 1. Can I still get visa, or my application will be stopped already?2. If I get visa can I still go to Canada.? 3.if luckily they issue me a visa can I just get new employer or not? 4. What will be your best advice to give it to me shall I wait or shall I pull out my application at cic? Thank you...

dallshat

Nov 28, 2011
@jobseekers -- I don't know what is happening with my application, I even go to CIC/CHC office and inquire about my papers but they said that too much bulk of application is coming that's why there are some delays in processing. They just ask me to write in the inquiry form and said that they will give it to the visa officer but until now I didn't hear from them.. I have also some friends that apply here in uk still the same with me no reply from embassy.. I'm too much worry now, I don't know why they are not informing me if my documents are incomplete? Or what I need to do? Long waiting is very hard...

dallshat

Nov 28, 2011
@jobseeker - another thing I was confused with this " if you should get a visa, and a employer with positive LMO, you can use the visa you obtained to land in Canada and obtain you work permit upon arrival" . What does it mean? Because what I know is I will get a work permit here in uk before I can go. So u mean I need to apply new one upon arrival with the new employer is that right? Thank you very much in answering my questions..

dallshat

Nov 28, 2011
Any suggestion where I can find job in Canada to get an employer?? Any help will be appreciated...