+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us travel on RTD

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hello, I want to apply for my US visa on a valid RTD from Canada.
On the DS-160 form what answer should I put in COUNTRY/REGION OF ORIGIN (NATIONALITY)? Should it be the country my passport is from before I got the RTD?
I just applied for an INDIAN visa and had to choose ‘stateless’, and put in the RTD details.
The DS-160 prompt for ‘stateless’ does not seem relevant to me as I have a valid national passport that was confiscated by IRCC when I claimed asylum in Canada.
Appreciate your guidance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I want to apply for my US visa on a valid RTD from Canada.
On the DS-160 form what answer should I put in COUNTRY/REGION OF ORIGIN (NATIONALITY)? Should it be the country my passport is from before I got the RTD?
I just applied for an INDIAN visa and had to choose ‘stateless’, and put in the RTD details.
The DS-160 prompt for ‘stateless’ does not seem relevant to me as I have a valid national passport that was confiscated by IRCC when I claimed asylum in Canada.
Appreciate your guidance!
You are definitely not stateless if you had a valid passport from another country that was confiscated. You need to put your citizenship of birth.

Reactions: ref19to22

addam007

Jan 25, 2023
hello everyone,

i recently gave my interview for US visa and they took my pasport. Now if i see my online status it shows that it is in processing. As per interviewer, he said that we will have to rewoke your old visa ( wich was on my country passport) first and then issue you a new one on RTD and it should take more then a day or so. Does anyone had similar experiance? i wana know how long it took to get your RTD back as i really need to travel withing 6 to 7 days.

Please let know kbnow if someone knows about this situation.

031_guy

Feb 17, 2022
hello everyone,

i recently gave my interview for US visa and they took my pasport. Now if i see my online status it shows that it is in processing. As per interviewer, he said that we will have to rewoke your old visa ( wich was on my country passport) first and then issue you a new one on RTD and it should take more then a day or so. Does anyone had similar experiance? i wana know how long it took to get your RTD back as i really need to travel withing 6 to 7 days.

Hi

Did they have an issue with you having had a US visa and used it to get to Canada irregularly ?.... Also, did they ask or do you have. PR ?

addam007

Jan 25, 2023
Yes I do have pr and I did not came to canada from US I went to US with a school trip from my home country and went back to my home country after 15 days. Later I came to canada where I applied for refugee.

Reactions: 031_guy

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
hello everyone,

No need to worry, it will take around 7 days after the interview inorder to receive back your RTD.

addam007

Jan 25, 2023
No need to worry, it will take around 7 days after the interview inorder to receive back your RTD.
Hey thanks for the replay. I am just confused because the status still shows refused but I received email from US embassy stating that your application is now under administrative processing and it will be done electronically. Not sure why it says differently then on online status portal and which is more accurate?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hey thanks for the replay. I am just confused because the status still shows refused but I received email from US embassy stating that your application is now under administrative processing and it will be done electronically. Not sure why it says differently then on online status portal and which is more accurate?
Hello

can you please update us about how many days later you got your rtd with usa visa? Andits 10 years visa? And when you go to usa did you get any issue in border?

thank you

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Do you have any experience travelling on RTD with US visa at Pearson Pre Clearance? Does TSA kiosks recognize RTD or we should go to the separate immigration line like once we come to Canada? Last time when I arrived Canada, Canadian kiosk did not recognize my RTD and sent me to the officer.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys!
I applied us visa. I had visa until 2031 but they revoked it after my refugee claim in Canada. I directly came to the Canada. I did not passed from the us border. When I go to the website for appointment end of the questions it said that I am eligible for visa waiver program. There were instructions for how to send my documents etc. I did everything.
Right now when I check the status it says your application received. Is there anyone who had experienced in here as a refugee claimant?
Thank you.

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Hi guys!
I applied us visa. I had visa until 2031 but they revoked it after my refugee claim in Canada. I directly came to the Canada. I did not passed from the us border. When I go to the website for appointment end of the questions it said that I am eligible for visa waiver program. There were instructions for how to send my documents etc. I did everything.
Right now when I check the status it says your application received. Is there anyone who had experienced in here as a refugee claimant?
Thank you.
You need sticker visa on RTD, you can't get esta if you are using your RTD. Which country's passport did you use for your application?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
You need sticker visa on RTD, you can't get esta if you are using your RTD. Which country's passport did you use for your application?
Hi,
Sorry I wrote the wrong I think. Not visa waiver. I have rtd now but I had Turkish passport before. I renewed my second visa without interview in Turkey before I come here. In Canada, I filled ds160 and paid visa fee. End of these I got instructions how to send my documents to the consulate. I sent my documents.