+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us travel on RTD

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Hello I am starting this thread just to spread some knowledge about getting usa visa on RTD

so I am a protected person waiting for PR . I applied for RTD during Covid lockdown with a REASON and got it after 72 days after sending multiple webforms, and calls .
So applied for usa visa as my blood relative are there .. though I had usa visa on my home country passport but that visa got expired and passport is also with Ircc .
So I applied for usa visa .
visa officer : what do u do?
Me: truck driver and part time student as well
Visa officer :How long you stayed in usa before?
Me 20/25 days ..I dnt remember actually

why you wana go to usa?

I have not met my family in3 years so going there to meet them

visa officer : holding your passport .most probably you ll get visa

gotpassport after 7/8 days
I travelled by road to usa.

first time: where r u going ?
What do u do?
Car is on your own name?
How long you want to stay?
Where ur relative live?
Any alcohol chocolate etx?

ok .you are good to go.. took almost 45 minutes to wait and 10 minutes to pay Fees and questioning ..

next time . Where r u going ?
How long u wana stay?

ok you are good to go.. hardly 5 minutes

next time: same question ..took hardly 2 minutes

next time :same question and 1 minute max ..

that’s all what happened with me during usa to canada and canada tousa travel on Rtd .
Hopefully it would be helpful for you.

stay blessed

Reactions: betterlife999

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hello I am starting this thread just to spread some knowledge about getting usa visa on RTD

so I am a protected person waiting for PR . I applied for RTD during Covid lockdown with a REASON and got it after 72 days after sending multiple webforms, and calls .
So applied for usa visa as my blood relative are there .. though I had usa visa on my home country passport but that visa got expired and passport is also with Ircc .

why you wana go to usa?

What do u do?
Car is on your own name?
Where ur relative live?

ok .you are good to go.. took almost 45 minutes to wait and 10 minutes to pay Fees and questioning ..

How long u wana stay?

that’s all what happened with me during usa to canada and canada tousa travel on Rtd .

stay blessed
in how many days you got Visa appointment?

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
in how many days you got Visa appointment?
First i got appointment after 18 months .. so what I did?
I kept my eye on rescheduling it …every night from 1 am to 7 am I checked it and reschedule it even if date was available in Calgary or Ottawa or Montreal I rescheduled it to get nearest date and after 2 weeks I was able to get my interview date .. so tip is to wake up early and keep checking,you ll get date

Zai24

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I kept my eye on rescheduling it …every night from 1 am to 7 am I checked it and reschedule it even if date was available in Calgary or Ottawa or Montreal I rescheduled it to get nearest date and after 2 weeks I was able to get my interview date .. so tip is to wake up early and keep checking,you ll get date
But I think you can reschedule only couple of times

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022

can you give us your timeframe ?

deolafat

Jan 3, 2021
Any idea if someone that crossed the Roxam boarder to get into Canada also apply, is there a need for waiver, is drop box applicable to a protected person awaiting Pr card?will appreciate feeeback. Thank You

Jul 31, 2022

why you wana go to usa?

What do u do?
Car is on your own name?
Where ur relative live?

How long u wana stay?

stay blessed
I submitted ds160.
However when I get to pay my fees.
It asks me "country you are applying from" I do not see Canada in there. So I select India. and then it only gives an option to select India. States. Please help

Kamli

Feb 5, 2022
Hello guys,
My interview for US visit visa was on 19 july
Today my status was ur visa is in final processing,
What do u think in how many days they will return my passport back

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018

why you wana go to usa?

What do u do?
Car is on your own name?
Where ur relative live?

How long u wana stay?

stay blessed
Hi. My RTD will expire in April 2023. If I apply for Us visa now how long will the visa valid for?

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hi. My RTD will expire in April 2023. If I apply for Us visa now how long will the visa valid for?
You visa will be valid for 10 years. It does not matter even if your RTD expires in April 2023, you will get the USA visa for 10 years.

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
You visa will be valid for 10 years. It does not matter even if your RTD expires in April 2023, you will get the USA visa for 10 years.
But when my RTD expires I will have to send it back along with my application for new RTD. Then how will I transfer the visa to my new RTD?

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
They will return back to you the RTD that contains the USA visa. The application allows you to request that the expired RTD be returned to you. Therefore, you will have both the brand new RTD as well as the expired RTD which contains the USA visa.
But when my RTD expires I will have to send it back along with my application for new RTD. Then how will I transfer the visa to my new RTD?