+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
sikhan said:
When I sent my fingerprint cards, I sent three copies with two retabs (highest number of retabs you can use per page) on each page. I would recommend you send more than one card for back-up purposes. As my background check results came out successfully I assume it was a right decision!
Yeah, I am planning on sending more this upcoming week as a back up but I just hope the first ones will be perfect but we'll see ... We're getting close !
I'm confident they'll be fine because the lady was very cautious when she took them!

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
Well CIC sent email giving us 90 days to submit FBI. We are 2 MONTHS out from them opening our mail. What do i do???? The last thing i want to do is make a mistake now....im gonna need an extension....*cry*

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
When people mail in the FBI and email in a scan to prove they sent it, where do they email that to? Like.. I could use the case specific inquiry email for CPC-O? Would that be correct?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Gypsysoul said:
Well CIC sent email giving us 90 days to submit FBI. We are 2 MONTHS out from them opening our mail. What do i do???? The last thing i want to do is make a mistake now....im gonna need an extension....*cry*
I don't know if there's anything more that you can do besides write them a letter stating that because of FBI processing times, you likely won't receive your PCC for at least another 2 months and ask for an extension on the time they gave you and that you will send it then. Hopefully a more senior member can chime in.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Gypsysoul said:
You will probably receive them within the CIC window. But if you don't have them in 85 days or so then request another extension then. Now is too early to ask for one.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
denokarter said:
Did anyone receive a call from an FBI agent advising them that we are processing your request ?
I didn't receive a call, just my letter in the mail.

zubairzi

Feb 9, 2016
Ponga said:
If you have not returned to the U.S. to live, since the original FBI IHSR was issued, you should be fine. CIC changed/extended the validity of police clearances:

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.
Hi,
First time post here :)
What does it mean "If you have not returned to the U.S. to live". My spouse (US Citizen that we are applying for PR for), has been staying with me in Canada for 5 month intervals. Se returns to the US for a few weeks and then comes back to Canada and gets a 6 month visa. Would the FBI Clearance from May 2015 still be valid or would it be recommended to get a new one? I submitted the old FBI Clearance with the application a few days ago but I'm afraid they'll tell me it's over 6 months old and to get a new one. So I guess I should just start getting a new FBI clearance in the mean time and when they request the new one send it in?

Thank you !

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Gypsysoul said:
I am in the same situation, I received an email from CIC requesting FBI certs and they only gave me 180 Days to do so or itll be cancelled and I pray to God that we get them soon!!!!

Im sure that is just a reminder but regardless it is very uncomfortable situation because its out of our control.... How long did you take before doing the fingerprints? Was it right away after receiving the email?
Also I was thinking about emailing them to let them know I sent mines already and im just waiting now... Anyone out there know where I can email CIC? and how to word it ?

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Just sent two more cards with fingerprints JUST IN CASE!!!

I hope I wont need them but better safe than sorry!!

Sounds like were halfway in October !! Its getting closer and closer!! :-[

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Has anyone from October 16th or after had their card charged? I'm a little worried something happened to my FBI check application.

triple p

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 (Proof of Sponsor's Canadian Residence); 08-09-2015 (FBI)
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015 Ottawa; 08-12-2015 LA; DM 19-01-2016; pics request 12-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-02-2016!!!
We submitted ours on Sept 18 and it took 18 weeks in total including mailing time.

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
I don't know if you guys have seen anything charged on your card yet for packets delivered on the 16th and the 22nd of October but FBI is telling me that they are sending mails for packets on 22nd and opening 23rd as of 12th Feb. Please call and check if you have sent your packets anytime before October the 23rd.

Unless I was given a bogus date, Oct 23rd sounds about right. I know there is someone with delivery date for 22nd in this forum, can you please see if your card has been charged and confirm?

stamang

Feb 12, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Has anyone from October 16th or after had their card charged? I'm a little worried something happened to my FBI check application.
I just called them and they said they have processed and mailing out results until the 22nd and opening packets from the 23rd of October. Not sure what happened to yours, may be you should give them a call bud. Please keep us posted. I hope they did not lose it. That would be a disaster:( I am in Australia now and my friend got his police clearance in a day; I got mine from back home in a week. Supposedly, US is the only one that takes 16 weeks. Sigh. Utterly frustrated.