+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
Oscar.95 said:
So its been a month now that I sent my FBI fingerprints with payment and form to the address in W.Virginia, I also put a tracker on it and it arrived within 3 days... However my question is, do they let you know they received it ? or do you wonder until you receive it in the mail ???

Paranoid bc CIC is ASKING for them now and I have a time frame...

Is there anyone here that has the FBI phone number, or Email I can contact them and at least ask "Hey do you guys have it ?"

And how many days do they do a week ? meaning if they are working on SEPT. 28 how long do they take to move on to the 29th ???

I know its a silly question but mann anxiety is kicking in..... Out of my control at this point just pray for an answer soon ! ???
Where are you applying from and when did you send in your application? Im trying to figure out when cic will ask for a FBI cert. Sent my app sept3. Approved as a sponsor nov. Nothing changed in Ecas yet. No dm yet. We are US Applicants.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Oscar.95 said:
So its been a month now that I sent my FBI fingerprints with payment and form to the address in W.Virginia, I also put a tracker on it and it arrived within 3 days... However my question is, do they let you know they received it ? or do you wonder until you receive it in the mail ???

Paranoid bc CIC is ASKING for them now and I have a time frame...

Is there anyone here that has the FBI phone number, or Email I can contact them and at least ask "Hey do you guys have it ?"

And how many days do they do a week ? meaning if they are working on SEPT. 28 how long do they take to move on to the 29th ???

I know its a silly question but mann anxiety is kicking in..... Out of my control at this point just pray for an answer soon ! ???
They will give you 0 information over the phone unless at least a few months have passed. I tried and the lady got angry at me and said they don't even open the packages for months and she cannot tell me even if they received it. All I can say is that unless something changes soon and they speed up processing you will not get your results in less than 3.5 months at least. Unlike CIC, it doesn't seem like anyone gets theirs weirdly early, they really do only open the day that they're working on. I don't mean to give you more anxiety, but that's what I experienced. This whole FBI process was awful. Ironic that the biggest issues I had so far with canadian immigration is dealing with the US government.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Gypsysoul said:
Where are you applying from and when did you send in your application? Im trying to figure out when cic will ask for a FBI cert. Sent my app sept3. Approved as a sponsor nov. Nothing changed in Ecas yet. No dm yet. We are US Applicants.
When did you send the FBI request?

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
I replied way late. In fact i kinda forgot about it in my haste. I sent in dec. I know itll be months til i get it. Just dont know if itll take months for cic to request it

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
It has almost been a week since the last person posted an update saying they were processing Sept. 28, unless you just called and asked.

They will *not* send any confirmation of arrival and as far as I know if you call them the only thing they can tell you is what day they are processing. They will not be able to give you any information on your specific background check application. They wouldn't even be able to know, since they don't open mail until they are going to process it.

If you want to see if they've moved onto another day, there's a phone number a page or two back in this thread. I don't have it on hand at the moment.

Edit: Phone Number: 3046255590
Thats just awful .... So many people are waiting for this and they wont even let you know they have it ....

The lady who took my fingerprints did say however that if the fingerprints are not readable, FBI will indeed return them within the first 2 weeks... So I hope this is accurate!

Also I've been tempted to send another form with my fingerprints on them just to be on the safe side, along with the money order and form but I dont want to cause any problems or confusion later on so I guess I will just wait and hope to get them by early March.

And thanks I will most likely give them a call next week for sure.

Ill update the day that they're working on, on the forum when I call them next week!

ariancruz84

Star Member
Jul 11, 2010
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 28 2016
AOR Received.
May 2, 2016
hello guys!

i have a question, i worked in a cruise line for 9months. my agency asking me to get a police clearance in UNITES STATES OF AMERICA (FBI).. for my spousal common law application. i dont work in united states specifically.. i worked onBoard.. ive been in florida just my port of entry.. my question is.. why they ask me to get FBI clearance since i dont work in landbase in america. my time is very limited to go outside. any of you guys have the same experience?.. how long it will take to get a FBI clearance? .. im very stress.. please help me... thanks

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Gypsysoul said:
Im applying from the States and we sent our app on May 2015... And honestly my advice to you is do them after they give you the 2nd AOR from the processing visa office, so if you receive an email saying that your app has been transferred to whatever Visa Office then I would suggest you to do them soon after that because the FBI is taking up to 15 weeks to get them back to you and CIC only gives you 6 months after they ask for them and they wont give extensions :-X
And not alot will change on Ecas until like after 6 months or more. (From MY experience)

Good Luck !!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Oscar.95 said:
Thats just awful .... So many people are waiting for this and they wont even let you know they have it ....

The lady who took my fingerprints did say however that if the fingerprints are not readable, FBI will indeed return them within the first 2 weeks... So I hope this is accurate!

Also I've been tempted to send another form with my fingerprints on them just to be on the safe side, along with the money order and form but I dont want to cause any problems or confusion later on so I guess I will just wait and hope to get them by early March.

And thanks I will most likely give them a call next week for sure.

Ill update the day that they're working on, on the forum when I call them next week!
Yeah, at least when applying for PR you get an AOR. I can understand why the FBI doesn't, since they don't open mail until they are ready to process those requests, but it's still very annoying.

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
krishnalynn said:
They will give you 0 information over the phone unless at least a few months have passed. I tried and the lady got angry at me and said they don't even open the packages for months and she cannot tell me even if they received it. All I can say is that unless something changes soon and they speed up processing you will not get your results in less than 3.5 months at least. Unlike CIC, it doesn't seem like anyone gets theirs weirdly early, they really do only open the day that they're working on. I don't mean to give you more anxiety, but that's what I experienced. This whole FBI process was awful. Ironic that the biggest issues I had so far with canadian immigration is dealing with the US government.
Indeed it is awful, I have a timeline to get these certs to CIC and like I've said previously on this forum, Im tempted to send another fingerprint form just in case ANYTHING happens with the other one. But I dont want to have any issues later on or confuse the FBI people .... So I dont know at this point on what I should do. But to wait and hope for the best.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Oscar.95 said:
Indeed it is awful, I have a timeline to get these certs to CIC and like I've said previously on this forum, Im tempted to send another fingerprint form just in case ANYTHING happens with the other one. But I dont want to have any issues later on or confuse the FBI people .... So I dont know at this point on what I should do. But to wait and hope for the best.
I have the same concern, because the lady at the sheriff's office I went to in order to get my prints taken had to retake several of my prints. I was working in a deli at the time so my fingerprints were very faint from all the dish detergent etc. However, she was very meticulous about making sure my prints were clearly legible, so I'm not too concerned.

Oscar.95

Dec 26, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
I have the same concern, because the lady at the sheriff's office I went to in order to get my prints taken had to retake several of my prints. I was working in a deli at the time so my fingerprints were very faint from all the dish detergent etc. However, she was very meticulous about making sure my prints were clearly legible, so I'm not too concerned.

And see she was very careful when she did mine as well and she looked like she knew what she was doing, but you just never know and I dont want to take any chances at this point, so I guess ill just wait to see what they will tell me when I call them and hopefully theyll be working on October 15th lol !!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Oscar.95 said:
And see she was very careful when she did mine as well and she looked like she knew what she was doing, but you just never know and I dont want to take any chances at this point, so I guess ill just wait to see what they will tell me when I call them and hopefully theyll be working on October 15th lol !!
Hopefully. They received mine on October 16th. They could be processing any week now. One way to tell is if you paid with credit card you can looked to see if it's been charged, but so far at least mine hasn't.

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
Oscar.95 said:
Im applying from the States and we sent our app on May 2015... And honestly my advice to you is do them after they give you the 2nd AOR from the processing visa office, so if you receive an email saying that your app has been transferred to whatever Visa Office then I would suggest you to do them soon after that because the FBI is taking up to 15 weeks to get them back to you and CIC only gives you 6 months after they ask for them and they wont give extensions :-X
And not alot will change on Ecas until like after 6 months or more. (From MY experience)

Good Luck !!
Ok well i should get FBI in hopefully 3 months. I think i may be ok then. Man this is so stressful......good luck and keep us posted!

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
In general, does requesting the FBI cert mean you are nearing the end of the process? Looking at Oscars timeline, maybe by May cic will request them.. then maybe not too much longer????

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Gypsysoul said:
In general, does requesting the FBI cert mean you are nearing the end of the process? Looking at Oscars timeline, maybe by May cic will request them.. then maybe not too much longer????
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they check criminality before they start actually looking at the applicant's file and assessing whether or not the relationship is genuine. I think it means you might be getting close, but I could be wrong.