+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

lh2cad

Mar 5, 2018
I got mine done in New York City. In New Jersey, called my local police office, and they said they dont do fingerprints.

At the NYC center they charge $35 for first set of prints and $10 for every additional. She took first set of my fingerprints on FD-258, and then told me that a few of them may not be good enough, and suggested I get an another one done, and send both of them in case one or more prints in each set is not legible.

Just in case you did it yourself, or got it done by someone who doesn't know the technique of fingerprinting, I'd suggest you get it done by a professional.

on FD-258, the individual finger prints (taken on the first two rows) are rolled fingerprints, where you roll each inked finger from left to right. The bottom row is the one where you take all fingers simultaneously (usually prints from more than half the finger).

Another thing I noticed was the technician asked me not to press too hard while taking the fingerprint. That was messing it up.

Hope this info helps!
Where in NYC did you do your finger print? can you please give me the specific place name and address? Thank you so much

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
For those who submitted after Nov 1 but didn't have tracking on their package so can't convert to electronic:
I mailed mine out on November 28 via Canada Post from Montreal and FBI charged my credit card yesterday (March 12).

Hopefully the results arrive relatively quickly! Such a long process! Does anyone have an idea of how long it typically takes to receive them by post once the CC is charged?

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I've just received my report in the mail box. the one that I applied for back in November (27th). Guys it looks excatly the same as my report that I've submitted via eDo in Feb. And it took 2 days. Same white paper. Same everything. Just different date.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Okay! So! I don’t need to use a channeler anymore?? How long is the eDo process from start to finish?

I would be getting fingerprints don’t in Quebec and sending them from here to FBI?

M

marilamb

Wondering the same thing as above. We already sent in our app a few days ago but it is from September and they may make us get a new one.

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Okay! So! I don’t need to use a channeler anymore?? How long is the eDo process from start to finish?

I would be getting fingerprints don’t in Quebec and sending them from here to FBI?
Wondering the same thing as above. We already sent in our app a few days ago but it is from September and they may make us get a new one.
It takes approximately 3-5 business days to process from the day they get your prints.

Reactions: Elanigana

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
I can just print the card on normal paper??

I’m in Canada and they don’t have the card.
My husband got his done here in Canada and the place he went to has it! Where are you located? Also, according to the FBI site it says:

Step 2: Obtain a Set of Your Fingerprints

• Your fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes. The FBI will accept FD-258 fingerprint cards on standard white paper stock.
  • You must provide a current fingerprint card. Previously processed cards or copies will not be accepted.
  • Your name and date of birth must be provided on the fingerprint card.
  • You must include rolled impressions of all 10 fingerprints and impressions of all 10 fingerprints taken at the same time (these are sometimes referred to as plain or flat impressions).
  • If possible, have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician. This service may be available at a law enforcement agency.
  • Fingerprints taken with ink or via live scan are acceptable. If your fingerprints are taken via a live scan device, a hard copy must be generated so the fingerprint card can be mailed to the FBI.
  • To ensure the most legible prints possible, refer to the Recording Legible Fingerprints page. If fingerprints are not legible, the fingerprint card will be rejected. This could cause delays in processing and could also result in additional fees.
  • The name on your response letter will match the name indicated on the fingerprint card when your application, payment, and fingerprint card are submitted via the mail.
  • If the last four digits of your social security number are needed on your response letter, then please ensure the full nine-digits or last four digits of your Social Security number are on the fingerprint card when submitting your request.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
My husband got his done here in Canada and the place he went to has it! Where are you located? Also, according to the FBI site it says:

Step 2: Obtain a Set of Your Fingerprints

• Your fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes. The FBI will accept FD-258 fingerprint cards on standard white paper stock.
  • You must provide a current fingerprint card. Previously processed cards or copies will not be accepted.
  • Your name and date of birth must be provided on the fingerprint card.
  • You must include rolled impressions of all 10 fingerprints and impressions of all 10 fingerprints taken at the same time (these are sometimes referred to as plain or flat impressions).
  • If possible, have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician. This service may be available at a law enforcement agency.
  • Fingerprints taken with ink or via live scan are acceptable. If your fingerprints are taken via a live scan device, a hard copy must be generated so the fingerprint card can be mailed to the FBI.
  • To ensure the most legible prints possible, refer to the Recording Legible Fingerprints page. If fingerprints are not legible, the fingerprint card will be rejected. This could cause delays in processing and could also result in additional fees.
  • The name on your response letter will match the name indicated on the fingerprint card when your application, payment, and fingerprint card are submitted via the mail.
  • If the last four digits of your social security number are needed on your response letter, then please ensure the full nine-digits or last four digits of your Social Security number are on the fingerprint card when submitting your request.
Quebec! I have an appointment in Montreal to get it done

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Quebec! I have an appointment in Montreal to get it done
Oh okay nevermind. If you were in Ontario there are a few places I would have recommended that have the cards already in hand.

Elanigana

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Has anyone ever sent their fingerprints and had them NOT delivered? The post office is holding mine for pick up. :( I'm so upset! I have no idea what to do.. they tried to deliver them on Saturday, but obviously they're closed. What can I do? I'm waiting for a call back from USPS

delsiee

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
So what I gather from the discussion here is I can simply use https://www.edo.cjis.gov/#/ to get the PCC instead of going through the traditional route of mailing them everything as for Edo it will most likely take only 7 days as compared to 4 months.
Am i right in understanding this and for those who have submitted the PCC from Edo has it worked fine?

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Also can someone suggest a finger printing place in Toronto.
Yes using eDO will be much quicker. That's what my husband did. As for a place, we used FIPS. They have a location in brampton which is great! They also have a Toronto location in North York.