+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

dhiva_p05

Oct 19, 2017
Hi there, does opening mail mean your card was charged at that time? My mail was delivered on 09/17/2017 but nothing happened on my card. Thank you.
Nope. I am trying to say that FBI is opening the applications received on 19-Sep-17. I have received this info when I tried to check status of my app via email to FBI.

dhiva_p05

Oct 19, 2017
Hi There!
Does anyone know what date of applications are in process today? Could you share updates, if u have any?
Thanks

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi all, two questions as I anticipate requirements for my US citizen wife inland sponsorship with OWP application, which was received January 3, 2018

We originally started our immigration process in 2016, and I believe we received the completed request in March 2016 - I'm assuming however that this is no longer good and we have to resubmit? Can anyone confirm?

Assuming that what we have is no longer effective, i read that there are channelers (i believe this is new, as we mailed our original request to FBI directly) that we can also use.

What is the difference in using a channeler? Are there any channelers with offices in Toronto?

Last edited:

Romania

Dec 14, 2017
Hi all, two questions as I anticipate requirements for my US citizen wife inland sponsorship with OWP application, which was received January 3, 2018

We originally started our immigration process in 2016, and I believe we received the completed request in March 2016 - I'm assuming however that this is no longer good and we have to resubmit? Can anyone confirm?

Assuming that what we have is no longer effective, i read that there are channelers (i believe this is new, as we mailed our original request to FBI directly) that we can also use.

What is the difference in using a channeler? Are there any channelers with offices in Toronto?
Here is a list of FBI approved channelers, not sure if any of them is based in Toronto but you could check their websites or call: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

How to submit a request to FBI, check option 2 for more info on the channelers: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks