+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

Oranevejohnny

Sep 24, 2017
Anyone know what date applications they are currently processing? Mine was received Sept 25th and got ITA last week and want to submit application before my birthday next week. Thanks.

abhilovee86

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone know what date applications they are currently processing? Mine was received Sept 25th and got ITA last week and want to submit application before my birthday next week. Thanks.
Mine was received August 16th and it was opened on last Friday. So hopefully they are around August 19-20.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Does anyone know how to communicate with CIC in case we have questions related to anything while our PR application is in progress.
I know once way is to submit the Letter of Explanation while submitting the documents in the PR application, but just wanted to check if that is the only way or if CIC provides any other channel for communications too.

senthilpriya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Boston, United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
Nomination.....
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
05-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2018
LANDED..........
20-02-2019

trackgal1

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Just to update -- Our form was received by the FBI on August 7, our CC was charged November 9, and we just received it in the mail today (November 21). We requested it mailed to my husband in Canada (Toronto area) as we weren't sure whether I'd be in the states or visiting him. Hopefully that gives someone a bit of an update for those who requested it to be mailed to Canada.

saylorgunn

Apr 8, 2017
Called the FBI again this morning. It's clear now to us and to them that they've misplaced our package - which they confirmed they received July 19. Someone there is now looking through the mail room.

It's been 14 weeks since delivery and I am very upset and anxious. If they ask us to submit again - will we have to wait another 14+ weeks? It's all we are waiting on to finish our application.

...Will update if we hear anything else.
Is there a reason you're not using a 3rd party channeler? We're using one and now we're worried. We initially did one, snail mail style with the FBI, and it had a watermark. We just received our 3rd party channeler copy today: No watermark. It's for my partner and he's an American citizen so we're quite worried.

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Anybody has any information to expedite the FBI pcc process? Can i use 3rd party channeler? FYI: i am not US citizen or Green Card holder. thanks in advance.

trackgal1

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
Is there a reason you're not using a 3rd party channeler? We're using one and now we're worried. We initially did one, snail mail style with the FBI, and it had a watermark. We just received our 3rd party channeler copy today: No watermark. It's for my partner and he's an American citizen so we're quite worried.
I used a channeler for myself but my partner can’t use one. Our certificates looked slightly different. For example my partner’s was in black and white while mine was in color. I can’t remember about a watermark - I’m traveling so don’t have them with me. As long as you went to a location on the list of approved channelers, you should be fine.

teb_phil

Oct 17, 2017
My FBI IdHSC application timeline start to finish.

Origin: Manila, Philippines
Package sent to FBI Aug 1
Package received by FBI Aug 4 signed by; P Jackson

Package opened by FBI Nov 7
Charged my Debit Card MC Nov 8
FBI shipped the package on Nov 9

Package received Nov 22 - Manila, Philippines.

I Hope this help especially for foreign address.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Guys, I have a non ordinary and desperating situation. My package was received on September 7,for payment I used my credit card, however my bank suspected that my card had some suspicious activity and they cancelled it and issued a new card with new number.
Now in FBI application I have old card number and as I counted that September 7 will be processed in the middle of December. Is there any way to update my payment information? Or that's it..and I have to file a new application for police clearance? I am so frustrated and desperate. Please someone help me.

dhiva_p05

Oct 19, 2017
Guys, I have a non ordinary and desperating situation. My package was received on September 7,for payment I used my credit card, however my bank suspected that my card had some suspicious activity and they cancelled it and issued a new card with new number.
Now in FBI application I have old card number and as I counted that September 7 will be processed in the middle of December. Is there any way to update my payment information? Or that's it..and I have to file a new application for police clearance? I am so frustrated and desperate. Please someone help me.
Please see below thread, someone has resolved the issue in the past

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/credit-card-number-change-after-mailing-fbi.347619/