+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

aralizadegan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Does anyone know how long has it take some one to receive his results from FBI recently? What could I consider as the max to recieve: 4 months or 5 months?

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015

dhiva_p05

Oct 19, 2017
Does anyone know how long has it take some one to receive his results from FBI recently? What could I consider as the max to recieve: 4 months or 5 months?
Here's one case:

FBI received the application on 21-Sep-2017
Applicant received the result on 08-Jan-2018

Approx 3.5 months

mqc1986

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
United States
Here is my Timeline for FBI Police check if it helps anyone.
I applied from India.
On the website, it said the current processing times are 10-12 WEEKS.
For me, the entire process, from start to finish, almost took 15 weeks.
If you submit your Credit card info, make sure your credit card is eligible for international transactions.

Package sent to FBI on 12th June, 2017
Package received by FBI on 20th June,2017
Credit card charged on 29th August,2017
PCC was mailed out by FBI on 11th September, 2017
PCC was received by me on October 5th, 2017
Hello, just wondering will FBI inform you that PCC has been mailed out? or you have to ask? thanks!

aralizadegan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Have anyone ever witnessed FBI processing time longer than 5 months?

Is there any database people would put their processing times?

dhiva_p05

Oct 19, 2017
Ours was received Sept 28th and our card was charged yesterday (Jan 09th)
Thank you for your inquiry,

We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 14-16 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 14+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately September 19, 2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

Hi,
Our package reached FBI on 29-SEP-17. Today they are opening the mails received on 29-Sep, but they are unable to locate our package.

We sent our package via USPS and we received the acknowledgement stating the package was delivered successfully.

Does anyone had similar experience?

Could you please share?

CountryGurl_GMC

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Morriston, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
20-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-03-2018
Med's Request
27-03-2018
I'm concerned... We are submitting application next week and haven't sent his the FBI stuff in yet..

Dec 22, 2017
Thank you for your inquiry,

We are unable to locate your request at this time.

The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 14-16 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 14+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.

At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately September 19, 2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their web site to verify delivery.

Hi,
Our package reached FBI on 29-SEP-17. Today they are opening the mails received on 29-Sep, but they are unable to locate our package.

We sent our package via USPS and we received the acknowledgement stating the package was delivered successfully.

Does anyone had similar experience?

Could you please share?
Sorry to hear about your situation. Whilst I haven't experienced ourselves this situation but I can think of couple of things that you could do.

1) Call the customer service personnel at the FBI and explained your situation and have their Fax number share with you so you could provide your evidence of the mail.

2) If they have lost it then it's lost. No point in revisiting that fact. But what you could do is ask them if they can issue you a certificate if you immediately send them a new finger-prints with an over night delivery?

3) Help them understand that this process takes nearly 14-16 weeks and Canada Immigration has a 90 day limit before they close your file so if they can expedite your request it would be wonderful.

4) Simultaneously, please inform Canada Immigration about this incident asap and if you have any correspondence from the FBI, in writing, please share with the immigration to see if they can grant you some grace period considering your situation.

I can only pray that your matter is resolved at the earliest.

Good Luck.

Dec 22, 2017
I'm concerned... We are submitting application next week and haven't sent his the FBI stuff in yet..
Hi, may I ask, when you say we "We are submitting application next week", you mean send application after you received an ITA or the initial Express Entry?

1) If it's after you received your ITA then you are a little late since FBI takes a little over 14-16 weeks to process finger prints and provide PCC. Unless you are already an US GC holder? In that case you can receive your finger prints within 2 weeks.

2) Whatever the situation maybe, please initiate the PCC at the earliest so that way you could t least inform the Canada Immigration that the process has been initiated from your side. Canada Immigration is aware about the current processing time for the US PCC and you may get some grace period.

Good Luck and I hope I have been able to answer your question.

Reactions: CountryGurl_GMC

dhiva_p05

Oct 19, 2017
Sorry to hear about your situation. Whilst I haven't experienced ourselves this situation but I can think of couple of things that you could do.

1) Call the customer service personnel at the FBI and explained your situation and have their Fax number share with you so you could provide your evidence of the mail.

2) If they have lost it then it's lost. No point in revisiting that fact. But what you could do is ask them if they can issue you a certificate if you immediately send them a new finger-prints with an over night delivery?

3) Help them understand that this process takes nearly 14-16 weeks and Canada Immigration has a 90 day limit before they close your file so if they can expedite your request it would be wonderful.

4) Simultaneously, please inform Canada Immigration about this incident asap and if you have any correspondence from the FBI, in writing, please share with the immigration to see if they can grant you some grace period considering your situation.

I can only pray that your matter is resolved at the earliest.

Good Luck.
Thanks for such a wonderful guidelines. I really really appreciate it.